The Dark Knight Rises Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate VIII (Team Frenchie Edition)

Anne Hathaway is actually the frontrunner this year for Best Supporting Actress. It would be funny if both of the Batman girls win.

Wait is Anne Hathaway a front runner for Les Miserables? I definitely don't see her getting nominated for TDKR, as great as her performance was, I don't think it was on that level, but she looks fantastic so far in Les Miserables, so I can definitely see an nomination for her there. And Tom Hopper is behind it, and The King Speech was a huge Oscar movie back in 2010. Can't wait for Les Miserables, looks great so far.

Wait is Anne Hathaway a front runner for Les Miserables?
Correct.

Also I dont believe Marion Cotillard has that much of a chance anymore. Best Actress will go to Jennifer Lawrence.

Also I dont believe Marion Cotillard has that much of a chance anymore. Best Actress will go to Jennifer Lawrence.
I think you may be right, but Cotillard and Lawrence are definitely the two performances getting the most buzz for the lead category (and some seem to feel Lawrence belongs more in the supporting category after TIFF), so it may still be a bit early to say for sure.

That's not true at all. She is still getting buzz for Rust and Bone. Good buzz and a ton of rave reviews. There's so many articles referring to her and the "Oscar race".

She's already being honored with a Hollywood Film Award.

But I think Jennifer has just as much of a chance.

Last edited:
That's not true at all. She is still getting buzz for Rust and Bone. Good buzz and a ton of rave reviews. There's so many articles referring to her and the "Oscar race".

She's already being honored with a Hollywood Film Award.

But I think Jennifer has just as much of a chance.
I mean for the win. Cotillard will be nominated I think but the win will surely go to Jennifer Lawrence.

I mean for the win. Cotillard will be nominated I think but the win will surely go to Jennifer Lawrence.

I would be the happiest guy on the planet if Jennifer Lawrence was to win this year.

I would be the happiest guy on the planet if Jennifer Lawrence was to win this year.

I agree. Though you'll probably be over the moon if Jen wins Best Actress and Anne Best Supporting Actress.. :D :oldrazz:

I agree. Though you'll probably be over the moon if Jen wins Best Actress and Anne Best Supporting Actress.. :D :oldrazz:

2 of my favourite girls both winning Oscars in the one year? **** yeah. :woot:

Yeah, her death scene proved just how great she could have been. :cwink:
One instance of bad acting among an entire resume of good to brilliant acting doesn't prove anything but Nolan's inability to get a good take out of the scene.

One instance of bad acting among an entire resume of good to brilliant acting doesn't prove anything but Nolan's inability to get a good take out of the scene.

:lmao:

Of course, everything is Nolan's fault. And brilliant is a bit of a stretch there my friend.

Her death scene wasnt that bad to me but i would say it's Nolans fault for that (if u had to blame somebody). Actors are like instruments that serve an album/song, and Nolan could have used another take with said instrument for that scene. But he went with that one, which was probably the first and only take.

If you watch her other films, she really is a fantastic actress and she could have done better if Nolan asked for one or two more takes im sure. I dont blame her at all for that. Im sure every "great actor" has done takes where they're horrible. It's up to the director to sort it out.

I don't find the death scene terrible (though it isn't great). I'm more offended by the character being used as a mere plot twist.

Tatelia was very disappointing. Especially the brief and disingenuous love affair.

Cotillard is a fine actress. Nolan used her well in Inception, but he didn't seem to know how to use her any differently the second time around. Mal pretty much returns in TDKR.

I can see what you mean but i always felt the way Marion played Mal was the right thing for Talia as well.

Yeah, her death scene proved just how great she could have been. :cwink:

Blame Nolan for not having another take and not directing her properly.

Her death scene wasnt that bad to me but i would say it's Nolans fault for that (if u had to blame somebody). Actors are like instruments that serve an album/song, and Nolan could have used another take with said instrument for that scene. But he went with that one, which was probably the first and only take.

If you watch her other films, she really is a fantastic actress and she could have done better if Nolan asked for one or two more takes im sure. I dont blame her at all for that. Im sure every "great actor" has done takes where they're horrible. It's up to the director to sort it out.

I don't find the death scene terrible (though it isn't great). I'm more offended by the character being used as a mere plot twist.

Tatelia was very disappointing. Especially the brief and disingenuous love affair.

Cotillard is a fine actress. Nolan used her well in Inception, but he didn't seem to know how to use her any differently the second time around. Mal pretty much returns in TDKR.

Well, let's look at the bright side; at least it wasn't anything like this:

[YT]ZR6Cw_3q1Pg[/YT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZR6Cw_3q1Pg

S4YU7.jpg

Wow such a sweet pic. Can't wait to see Marion for the first time in Batman - not long to go now!!! :awesome:

Not too much longer for ya, rogue. Hopefully some lowered expectations will pay off.

7gqxe.jpg

(image is from an extended clip on Tonight Show with Marion Cotillard 2012-11-02)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"