Marvel Heroclix

Discussion in 'Superhero Products' started by Cyclops, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Ncrawler333 Registered

No, it doesn't, unless there was a Lian Harper pog that you could have attacked. Then you should have had Supes brutalize her instead.

2. Ncrawler333 Registered

Lots of major Heroclix news tonight, from the online Heroclix magazine Critical Hit. Click on the link below and go to the DOWNLOAD CRITICAL HIT MAGAZINE VOLUME 2 ISSUE 1 link in the second post to download the magazine.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?&t=193679

News from the article:
    Major changes to the rarity and distribution system. Instead of 96 dials in a set, there will now be only 60, but each of these 60 figures will now get their own unique sculpt, instead of 3 figures in a REV set sharing the same sculpt. There will no longer be complete REV sets in a set, meaning there could be an experienced Ultimate Iron Man in the next Marvel set, but there might not be a rookie or veteran version of him in a set. The yellow, blue, and red rings will no longer be on the dials, though uniques will continue to keep there silver rings. Rarity will no be shown be colors over the set symbol on the dial. White will be common, green will be uncommon, silver will be rare, and bronze will be super rare. Each figure will also have their own character card, showing the powers they have and giving a description of the character. These cards will also introduce a new power color white(represented by a black square around the combat number). The white power will give a unique ability to that figure, and you can find that power on the character card. For instance, Ultimate Iron Man has the Full Power power, which allows you to roll one die and change his damage value to whatever you roll, and giving Iron Man 2 clicks of damage after finishing the attack.

Boosters will now include 5 figures per booster, with the price increasing to $10 per booster.

Details of the next 4 sets that are coming out:
    -Marvel Avengers(June 2007): Will include characters from the New Avengers, classic Avengers, Avenger villians, and the Young Avengers. Comfirmed characters include Captain America, Bucky, Iron Spidey, Moon Knight, Giant-Man, Wasp, Ultimate Iron Man, and Ultimate Hulk
    -DC Justice League(August 2007): Will include heroes and villians that have been in the Justice League comics.
    -Marvel Mutations and Monsters(November 2007): Will include characters from the X-Men, Planet Hulk, and Marvel Zombies.
    -DC Teen Titans(February 2007)

Article also included details on two special tournaments being held in the summer, one for Marvel and one for DC. Marvel event will include Galactus and 4 of his heralds(Silver Surfer, Terrax, Firelord, and Stardust) as prizes, while the DC event will include Starro and four JLA figures with the Starro symbiote on them(Aquaman, Green Arrow, Flash, and Green Lantern).

3. Roughneck Registered

That's kinda cool. ...Makes me glad I'm out thouhg. Cause I was only a collector when I was in....so I wouldn';t need all 90, just one version of each of them....now that there will be only one version it makes it harder

though.....there will be more characters put out in each wave now too.....

I gotta admt, I never woulda thought heroclix would still be going this long....I'm glad to be wrong. I still like to go the homepage and look through the clix.

4. blksuperman2 Deadly Akuma

That looks pretty cool. I new Supes and WW couldn't fly in the early days didn't know Captain Marvel was flightless as well.

5. Ncrawler333 Registered

Pics of Iron Spidey, Ultimate Hulk, and Giant-Man:

http://wizarduniverse.stores.yahoo.net/apr075221.html

Confirmed characters for the Avengers set:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/inquest/003976891.cfm

Black Panther
    Bucky
    Captain America
    Citizen V
    Giant-Man
    Human Torch
    Moon Knight
    Red Skull (w/Cosmic Cube)
    Spider-Man (Civil War with red and gold armor)
    Taskmaster (classic costume)
    Toro
    The Colonel (Ultimates bad guy)
    Ultimate Falcon
    Ultimate Hulk
    Ultimate Iron Man
    Wasp
    Wiccan

Also have heard that Hulking was shown at one of the conventions

6. Ncrawler333 Registered

Figured I'd update the topic with some Heroclix news.

Links to pics of the upcoming Red Skull, Black Panther, Iron Spidey, and Taskmaster pieces at the link below.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196983

Taskmaster looks sweet. Black Panther looks too much like the Danger Room Beast, it almost looks like they use the exact same body sculpt. Like how the Red Skull is stepping on top of Cap's shield. Iron Spidey still looks sweet.

Avengers Brick figure, The Mandarin. He has 10 different powers available to him on multiple clicks thanks to the new special powers, to represent the 10 rings:

http://www.heroclix.com/heroclix/marvel/gameresources.asp?cid=41375
    http://www.heroclix.com/heroclix/marvel/figuregallery.asp?unitid=13043

Orange Fin Fang Foom available exclusively at SDCC:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/gameresources.asp?cid=41369

7. SsM Stuff?

8. Ncrawler333 Registered

yea, the Heroclix topic that's spelled right is back!

So this summer there was a Heralds of Galactus tournament at various tournament spots, but I wasn't able to participate due to there being no places near me in Maine that holds Heroclix tournies. Thankfully the venue that I play at here in Nashua still had some extras of the Heralds, so I still was able to get Terrax, Firelord, and Stardust.

This week the Starro Attacks tournments start. Each week you participate you get a JLA member who has a Starro symbiote attached to them (Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman, or Green Lantern depending on the week). Then during the 5th week, everyone competes for a massive Starro fig.

9. Ncrawler333 Registered

Figured I'd bump this back up, as the newest Marvel Heroclix Set, Mutations and Monsters, is going to be released soon. Can't wait for this set, as it contains a lot of X-Men related characters, like a 250 point Apocalypse, Archangel(with metal wings), Omega Red(Finally!), Mastermind, and more. It's also going to be a great set for Hulk fans, as the set will not only include characters from the Planet Hulk storyline, but classic Hulk villians like Zzzax and remakes of Absorbing Man and the Leader. The set also include 4 different Hulk figures, including Rampaging Hulk, Green Scar Planet Hulk themed, Maestro, and First Appearance. The Rampaging Hulk and Green Scar versions are easily two of the best Hulk dials ever created. The set also includes some Marvel Zombies, including a Galactus powered Wolverine.

Click the following link to go to a topic on HCRealms.com to get links to pictures of the full set:

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213806

10. hulkamania85 Registered

I guess Mutations and Monsters has been out for a couple of weeks now. Still haven't gotten any, but since this looks to be X-Men heavy I'll probably pick up more packs than I did for Avengers.

11. Roughneck Registered

the Silver Savage HeroClix is bad ass.

and none of the other pics seem to work

12. Roughneck Registered

Damn, there's some great stuff in there...love the X-men ones with the Sentinel pieces....Giant man with Black panther is nice too......and the AoA and FA stuff......and Maverick.....oh well.

13. Ironfan72 Golden Avenger

I picked up a brick and a half and got the two I was after Hulkbuster and Zombie Iron Man.
    Also got Emma Frost which is a great figure as well as High Evoluntinary and Warskrull.

14. Roughneck Registered

I want a High eVOLUTIONARY ML

15. Browncoat Registered

I love the new set. I'm seriously thinking about getting back into Heroclix just on how friggin' cool they are.

[​IMG]

16. Browncoat Registered

This one is awesome, too.
    [​IMG]

17. Roughneck Registered

when I was into Clix, I made the best Angel Custom ever....Dr Strange's Body, Hawkman's Wings and Weather Wizards Head......it looked great and was in an awesome pose......If I ever find em I'll post a pic

18. Browncoat Registered

I just went out and picked up a Mutations and Monsters booster. Very impressed. It's more like Actionclix, which was very well done. I got Unus, Mimic, The Hood, Cyclops and Zzzax, who is HUGE. Also picked up the Danger Room starter.

19. hulkamania85 Registered

I got my first M and M booster. I pulled:

-Zombie Spider-Man
    -Zombie Giant-Man
    -Shatterstar
    -Pete Wisdom
    -Miek

The zombie sculpts are awesome.

20. Ryo Jin Let's Fighting Love!

Now if only Cyke would return. What happened to him? It's been a whole year.

21. Green Scar Registered

[​IMG]

i must have this...

22. Green Scar Registered

and these 2...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Green Scar Registered

i just bought the green scar.

24. hulkamania85 Registered

I haven't read mainstream Marvel in a while, but Miek's description on his card makes me want to give Planet Hulk a shot.

25. Browncoat Registered

I got M&M Cyke in my booster.