Marvel Heroes MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Ms Marvel yesterday because I liked her powers and wanted to play a new character, but I don't know much about her. What comics should I read to get some backstory on her? I read she had her own comic, is that any good to get to know her?

Ok so I just sent you list of Comic's via pm from my friend Pete Lucifer's web site from the time when I worked on a X-Men web site when I was younger you can ask him for further details too. and yeah you should try and find some of those comic's there were alot that were good reads that she has and also stared in. the current is captain marvel which she goes by now. sorry I don't read them as much as used too.

Last edited:
I bought Ms Marvel yesterday because I liked her powers and wanted to play a new character, but I don't know much about her. What comics should I read to get some backstory on her? I read she had her own comic, is that any good to get to know her?
Id suggest reading this: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=118

The issue checklist contains key issues you may want to check out. It hasn't been updated since 2006 but it has all her background material you'll need to get her

I yeah sent him there already by pm Havok. I know the owner of that site very well.

Midtown Manhattan solved my main problem with the game, which is that endgame content was incredibly boring. I kind of wish they'd put the Limbo stages back in, but for the time being Midtown Manhattan is a lot of fun.

Also, finally--finally--Thor can actually take a few hits thanks to Immortal Combat. They seem to have re-tailored Thor as a guy who can and should wade into groups of enemies and wreak havoc on them. I actually started letting enemies swarm me in Midtown Manhattan ambushes instead of running away spamming Bring the Thunder, which used to be the only viable option for him.

Last edited:
Ok so I just sent you list of Comic's via pm from my friend Pete Lucifer's web site from the time when I worked on a X-Men web site when I was younger you can ask him for further details too. and yeah you should try and find some of those comic's there were alot that were good reads that she has and also stared in. the current is captain marvel which she goes by now. sorry I don't read them as much as used too.

Thank you very much Zenith and Havok. I'm definitely going to read some of those. Really good website!

Thank you very much Zenith and Havok. I'm definitely going to read some of those. Really good website!
your welcome I hope you find them in store.

this is what was put up this week.

Huge Hero Sale!

August 15th, 2013
Our huge hero sale has began! Eight heroes are on sale for 30% off for this weekend only!

source:Marvel Heroes.com

Midtown Manhattan's really restored the appeal of the game for me. I ran through the story with about 4 characters and was so bored just doing repetitive daily missions or waiting around for Limbo that I stopped playing for about a month. Tried it again last week and found Midtown Manhattan is super-fun. There's definitely room for improvement--removing the one-hit-kill bosses and increasing the variety of bosses in general would be a good start--but it's great to just run around for a few hours and farm for gear/XP. Once I get through Saints Row 4, I'll be going back to this game. That should be after the big August patch, which I'm excited to see.

happy to hear your enjoying it hopefully they'll keep moving alon to make it more enjoyable and put out the character's they promised and have that mac version out. and start thinking about making console versions.

I'd much rather they focus on getting the balancing issues worked out. I've found one piece of cosmic gear so far, but others have told me they were dropping like candy in a previous update, and Midtown Manhattan's XP and loot rewards fluctuate a lot with each update. I'd also like to see them roll out more maps for MM-style survival instances. The MM gameplay is fun, but Manhattan gets a little boring after a while.

hopefully they do all that before start the console ports then I didn't really say when. I just know they have certain plans as they mentioned. but those thing you just mentioned should be done prior to the latter of what I mentioned.

Oh, I didn't know they had plans to port to consoles and stuff. Would they be able to interact with PC players?

what they said is they want to have certain thing's settled with the pc and the mac has to be done first and then some time later they will do consoles.

They haven't said which ones yet, they're not that far a head chose wise, but it's likely to happen eventually. cause there have been alot of people asking for that even during their lives stream at SDCC. it's just not happening immediately. They have priority's to do first like the mac. which they said will happen Q 1 next year earliest. As for cross play between pc player and what ever console that's not too likely. even if they had picked a console or a number of them.

Last edited:

Bonus Experience & Special Item Find Weekend

August 23rd, 2013
This weekend all players in Marvel Heroes will earn experience more quickly and have the chance to find special items increased!

source:Marvel Heroes.com

done for tonight and out for the weekend.

Hopefully this will help us find more cosmic gear - like Corp I've only found one item so far. Still enjoying the game but would like to know when Emma Frost will show up.

Balls, I'm gonna be out of town this weekend. Maybe I'll bring my laptop and just lower the graphics settings so it doesn't explode...

Umm I'm sure the events over now. That was after the 23rd. Hopefully there will be another one.

Oh, didn't notice the date. Guess I was away from here longer than I realized. :o

Don't worry about it they'll be another one. Hopefully. There is plenty of long weekends during the fall season for those of us in North America. Though we might not have the chance to play with the dev's like this and ask them questions or suggest stuff. They really should ahev pick a long weekend for that. oh well.

I wish this was coming to PS 3 or especially 4,Is this or DC Universe better?or are they both great and bad in their own ways?

They said they heard the people that keep asking to bring it to consoles like ps3 or 4 and others, but they have the mac to deal with first and after they're done putting some more characters and PCZ/ public combat zone's and more content etc that were promised before that out.

They are aware of it. But they have priorities to be done first. They Also don't have the same kinds of sponsorship DCUO enjoys by be Exclusive.

As for better or worse marvel heroes had a very rough start rougher then DCUO did and they are trying to improve stuff to make it more fun. As for now it's starting to happen with the fun factor, but it's not at the point of DCUO yet. And they are very different in how they are approached. As what was said during their Sandiago comic con live stream the only reason they did this was cause of their own obsession with XmL and MUA which the person to speak to mentioned that those IPs were inspired by diablio when they did that live stream and it translated to this. And then this was what they aimed for this ARPG. So it's a little different from an MMO.

Last edited:
I wish this was coming to PS 3 or especially 4,Is this or DC Universe better?or are they both great and bad in their own ways?
Probably DCuO as the gameplay there is better. It feels more like a game whereas MH is pretty much click and point with the mouse. DCuO's controls are more in line with MuA

You have to remember though Brevik made this with the old school thinking of Diablo (which a rep from marvel them selves at comic' con addressed that MUA and XML before it were inspired by Diablo) in mind when it was PC only. An alternative for controllers will be done. Those are one of the priorities that will be addressed. Before they head to consoles which people have pushed for them.

Last edited:
Yeah, I personally prefer Marvel Heroes to DC Universe Online because I loved Diablo and its sequel (haven't played the third one yet). DCUO is a much more traditional MMORPG--which is a huge strike against it for me because I generally hate MMOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"