• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel Heroes MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you work for this company? you always have so many updates

do you work for this company? you always have so many updates

Nope I don't . and seeing that I have spent money on this my self to play it. That makes less sense . I did this for DCUO or most games I'm interested in. Just keeping fellow players that are playing this or people new to it that interested in it, in the know. Nothing more.

Last edited:
here's what's new this weekend

February 28th, 2014
Mac gamers are now welcome to sign up for the Mac Closed Beta Test. Participants will be selected to join the Mac Closed Beta Test throughout development as we approach an exciting Mac launch this spring.

CONTINUE READING »

Moon Knight Has Joined Marvel Heroes!

February 27th, 2014
Moon Knight is now available in Marvel Heroes! He's a ghost, a spectre of the moon, the moon's knight of vengeance, and he's got work to do! Add the "Fist of Khonshu" to your roster today!

CONTINUE READING »

Carnival & Mardi Gras Celebration!

February 27th, 2014
In celebration of Carnival and with Mardi Gras just around the corner, we've got a lot of things to get you in the festive spirit! We've brought back Franken-Castle, Wolverine Brood, and the Enhanced Headpool Pet... we've taken 25% OFF select costumes... we've added a brand new Mardi Gras themed Fortune Card, and more!

CONTINUE READING »

Carnival Costume Sale!

February 27th, 2014
In celebration of Carnival, we're bringing back Franken-Castle, Wolverine Brood, and Headpool! Also we've taken 25% OFF select costumes for a limited time only!

CONTINUE READING »

And also from the forum

Team-ups - Acquisition and Information

UPDATE: Doomsaw has enlightened us with various tidbits of information regarding team-ups. As we lack a "jump to dev post" button, I've included it here for you.

Source: Marvel heroes.com & it's forum

and new details on this from the forum
Upcoming X-Defense and S.H.I.E.L.D. Holo-Sim Changes

Heretic

LocationYellowstone SupervolcanoStaff

February 26
Next Patch
X-Defense...

• Duplicate waves should no longer occur.
  • Reduced hit points for many bosses including: Black Cat, Electro, Green Goblin, Madame HYDRA, Clone Cyclops, Clone Wolverine, M.O.D.O.K., Taskmaster, Venom.
  • Reduced hit points for many mobs including: MGH, Venom Symbiotes, Mindless Ones, Street Gangs
  • Venom Symbiotes have a lower maximum number of mobs that can be out attacking the students at any one time.
  • Increased hit points for Brood Hybrid bosses.
  • Mister Sinister's X-Men clones now drop appropriate boss loot and XP.
  • Fixed an issue with Doop's story notification text being inappropriately cut off.
  • Chests equal to 2-3 boss drops have been added to, respectively, non-split/non-boss waves and split/non-boss waves. The chest will always appear in front of the X-Mansion (with an edge pointer, notification, and visual ground effects) at the conclusion of the wave. **The mode will not continue until the chest is looted.** This chest is a replacement (and in terms of quality, an improvement on) the split wave chests.
S.H.I.E.L.D. Holo-Sim...

• Duplicate waves should no longer occur.
  • Reduced Doop's hit points.
  • Rescuing Venom's victims will now grant XP.
  • Fixed bug with Brotherhood being killed rather than removed at the end of the wave. To loot the Brotherhood in this wave, players will now need to actually defeat the Brotherhood.
  • Increased time available to defeat M.O.D.O.K.
  • Fixed some issues with civilians not always fleeing immediately on wave completion.
  • Chests equal to multiple boss drops have been added to most waves (some exceptions exist for waves that already had a solid boss drop). The chest will always appear in the entrance to the mode (with an edge pointer, notification, and visual ground effects) at the conclusion of the wave. **The mode will not continue until the chest is looted.**
In the Pipeline (estimate of next week or two)
X-Defense...

• Split wave student edge pointer arrow graphical differentiation.
  • We decided not to cap the number of waves; instead we are planning on introducing a chest that will only appear at the end of the run and will significantly escalate in its quality the higher a wave the players achieved. In conjunction with this, we will probably make Doop a purely random wave, but increase the chance that Doop can randomly appear and possibly improve Doop's loot. The overall intent of this will be an increase in loot.
  • If the hit point reductions do not satisfactorily ameliorate the more difficult waves, additional changes will definitely be entertained.
  • Loot overall in the game is being reviewed for issues, but issues regarding this should be directed to a different thread since different designers and engineers are involved.
  • Additional iteration.
  • Scoreboard. (this might be longer in the pipeline).
S.H.I.E.L.D. Holo-Sim...

• Death condition to be changed to be two _team_ deaths. Solo players will be able to thus die twice.
  • Ending the mode will leave players in the mode to collect any remaining loot.
  • We decided not to cap the number of waves; instead we are planning on introducing a chest that will only appear at the end of the run and will significantly escalate in its quality the higher a wave the players achieved. In conjunction with this, we will probably make Doop a purely random wave, but increase the chance that Doop can randomly appear and possibly improve Doop's loot. The overall intent of this will be an increase in loot.
  • Additional wave types.
  • Additional iteration.
  • Scoreboard. (this might be longer in the pipeline).

and

Venom, Mr. Fantastic and Frog-Thor

Doomsaw

GazillionLocationMardi Gras is my favorite.Staff

February 26
How are Venom, Mr. Fantastic and Frog-Thor connected you may ask?
You may notice that Frog-Thor (Throg) has stretchable limbs. This is a proof-of-concept test of stretching limbs, which will be used in the tech for Venom and Mr. Fantastic.

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.
From: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/71740/venom-mr-fantastic-and-frog-thor/p1

Last edited by a moderator:
Moon Knight Has Joined Marvel Heroes!

February 27th, 2014
Moon Knight is now available in Marvel Heroes! He's a ghost, a spectre of the moon, the moon's knight of vengeance, and he's got work to do! Add the "Fist of Khonshu" to your roster today!
Funny bit, his last name is Spector

Downloaded the game again just to collect enough to buy Moon Knight, boring start so far

EDIT: After getting used to the controls, it's quite an entertaining game.
Problem is, the game is too much of a hassle, it lags too much, and says something about my graphics card being out of date and stuff, I say this game needs better programming, better games worked with better efficiency, and they demanded lesser requirements, I mean games from the same year

Last edited:

Top 5 Reasons Why MMO Play Loves Marvel Heroes!

March 6th, 2014
Our friends at MMO Play give the top 5 reasons why they love Marvel Heroes!

CONTINUE READING »

5 Reasons Why We Love Marvel Heroes

By Jeff Francis
why-we-love-marvel-heroes.jpg
While putting on spandex and a cape might earn you a ticket to the funny farm in real life, it's a prerequisite for smiting bad guys in the Marvel Heroes mmorpg. I've been playing this game a lot of recently for a number of reasons. Primary is that I've long been a comic book fan and grew up reading Marvel comics such as The Uncanny X-Men or Alpha Flight. Another is the Diablo-style action merged with the Marvel universe. Be that as it may, there are many reasons why players love Marvel Heroes. Our particular criteria may be different from one another, but there are some great features found within the game that really make me enjoy playing it. Here are five reasons why we love playing Marvel Heroes.
First and foremost, let me state that this list will feature gameplay features as reasons why we love playing Marvel Heroes. I will not talk about playing within the Marvel universe or interacting with npcs that I have known for years from the comics. Nor will I discuss the fact that playing as a superhero is always cool. Our focus here will be on in-game features.
marvel-heroes-01.jpg

Instances
Our first Marvel Heroes feature that have us loving the mmo is instances. Yes, I know that every other online game on the market has them, but I particularly like how this game does them. The public zones in the game are a veritable free-for-all, with bad guys spawning like mad. The action is non-stop as waves of villains keep coming at you, and it can get a little overwhelming at times, especially if you're trying to figure out how to spend your points when you level up. Instances are like an oasis of calm in a desert of mayhem. I love how most instances are pretty small, allowing you to run through them in a few minutes. Once you're done clearing out the place, you can pause for a bit and do some minor tasks, such as going through your inventory or spending those power points. Even better is that you get a chest of rewards for clearing out an instance.
Random Events
Another reason why we love Marvel Heroes is the random events. These events add some spice to the traveling through a zone. While some of these events are boss fights, such as Electro, I really like the ones where hordes of low-level flunkies show up. Having Hydra do a beach invasion or having mobs of Hand ninjas coming out of the woodwork is quite fun. These random events aren't earth-shattering and that's a good thing. They're not too epic where you'll need a large group of players to succeed, and they provide a nice little diversion from what you were doing.
Survival Challenges
One aspect of the mmo that I enjoy is that I feel like a bad-ass when playing. Very few mmo games allow players to wade through mobs of bad guys like a hot knife through butter. Marvel Heroes allows you to do so, which makes you feel that you're a thousand times for powerful than the scum you're beating up on. An area you can venture into for non-stop carnage and really feeling powerful is by undertaking survival challenges, such as Midtown Patrol and X-Defense. These areas are like the public combat zones but on steroids. Mobs of different villains will spawn and try to swarm you. Eventually, a boss will appear and once you beat him, they go away. The action never stops in the survival challenges, and it's a good way to earn some xp and some loot.
marvel-heroes-02.jpg

Legendary Quests
Another feature in Marvel Heroes that has me loving the game is legendary quests. Players will pick these up starting at level twenty. These are quests that will have you travelling around the different zones in the game to fulfill them. Some require you to fight and defeat a particular villain or defeat a certain number of a specific mob. Any feature that has you more fully exploring the zones of the game is a good thing in my opinion. You get an excellent amount of xp for doing legendary quests and you earn Legendary Marks of Odin for completing them. For killing mobs, I usually head over to a survival challenge to fulfill them quickly.
Free-to-Play
Our last reason for why we love Marvel Heroes is the fact that it's free-to-play. While many other mmos are free-to-play, I like the way that this game handles it. You can play through the game for free and earn eternity splinters to buy additional heroes for your roster. If you want to a different costume for your hero, you'll need to spend some cash to do so, but it has no effect on the gameplay. I'm just looking to play the game, and I don't mind paying for any additional bells and whistles as that the game needs to make money. Personally, I'm content with the basic look for my superhero.
As you can see, there are a number of features found within the game that make me love Marvel Heroes. I get to feel like a high-powered hero beating up on mobs of villains, I can earn xp and Marks of Odin by doing legendary quests, and the random events throw some interesting twists while you're wandering around. Throw in instances where you can relax a bit and earn a loot chest and the fact that the game is free-to-play. It all adds up to a good time, which is what gaming is all about.

http://mmo-play.com/mmo-blog/marvel-heroes-love

OdinsBounty-square-at-size.png

Odin's Bounty Weekend!

March 6th, 2014
From his Asgardian throne, the Allfather has brought to us a weekend of incredible bounty. As Odin wills, every two hours a new boss shall drop bonus loot at incredible rates!

CONTINUE READING »

'The Box' Yields Heroes, Ultimate Tokens

March 6th, 2014
Odin has reached across the void and delivered unto us... The Box. If, upon opening The Box, one receives a Hero not already possessed, that person shall have won Odin's favor and gained that Hero and an Ultimate Token. If one receives a Hero already owned, that person shall have gained two Ultimate Tokens!

CONTINUE READING »

Forever City & All New X-Men!

March 6th, 2014
In honor of Gambit's design update, we've got a brand new costume available - Forever City. We've also got a Jean Grey's most recent outfit from All New X-Men, it's a good week for this team of mutants.

CONTINUE READING »

Source: Marvel Heroes.com

Last edited:

Lucky & Legendary Weekend!

March 13th, 2014
Celebrate the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day with our Lucky & Legendary Weekend in Marvel Heroes! Catch a piece of the rainbow each day with daily gifts to craft your own Legendary Item! Look out for St. Patrick's Day themed loot and be sure to grab our special Lucky Random Costume Box for a chance at one of many costumes found in the store!

CONTINUE READING »

Are You Feeling Lucky?

March 13th, 2014
In honor of St. Patrick's Day, try your luck with our special Lucky Random Costume Box! Each box contains a chance at almost any of the costumes available in the Marvel Heroes store even including Enhanced costumes!

CONTINUE READING »

Office Attire & Great Lakes X-Men

March 13th, 2014
This week we've got new outfits for a couple of our more fury heroes. Rocket Raccoon is ready for work, complete with automatic staple guns in his Office Attire, while Squirrel Girl is ready to take down foes in her GLX outfit.

CONTINUE READING »

Dr. Strange Presale Now Live!

March 20th, 2014
Doctor Strange is available for Presale now! As always, this presale pack is 10% off the normal price and the discount is only for a limited time, so hurry and grab the Sorcerer Supreme now!

CONTINUE READING »

Fortune Card Mark 5 & Back in Black!

March 20th, 2014
This week we are introducing the new Fortune Card Mark 5 to the Marvel Heroes in-game store. However, we've got a special deal this weekend only. Spider-Man Back in Black costume is available for a limited time only but we've made a new bundle that includes the new Fortune Cards AND Spider-Man Back in Black! Hurry now to get yours!

CONTINUE READING »

Bonus G's this Weekend!

March 20th, 2014
This weekend only, we're bringing back our popular 15% Bonus G sale! Although this time we've included the super high value 28,750 G bundle!

CONTINUE READING »

and from their forum

Spider-Man Back in Black!

AFongTwo

LocationCaliforniaStaff

5:10PM
Hi all,
I know the design team has some big plans for new Spider-Man items and other things, but from a costume perspective, we are going to offer, temporarily for this weekend only, Spider-Man's Back in Black costume.
This is the black costume that Black Cat stitched for him in the comics (with no Symbiote) and features the voice of Spider-Man in the 1990's cartoon, Christopher Daniel Barnes.
KTinO9D.jpg

This costume is semi-enhanced (voice of Christopher Daniel Barnes from the 90's cartoon!) and will be available until next Tuesday March 25.
Also, since we launched our new Fortune Cards we've also put in a nice new bundle which includes a whopping 72 Fortune Cards Mark 5 as well as Spider-Man Back in Black just in case you guys wanted to buy both together

and

Doomsaw

GazillionLocationPanthernadoStaff

9:00PM
@TheBestSpiderMan said: Please, I need some of those teasers which you are famous for Doomsaw!
Oh I got the date wrong, it's May 2nd.
Just some new cinematically-inspired unique items. Some for Spidey and some for everyone from the villains that we'll see on May 2nd (Rhino, and others) plus Spider-Man's group utility power and whatever other improvements we can sneak in.
No new costumes for Spidey for a long time after Back In Black.

From:https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/77000/spider-man-back-in-black#latest

Ryolnir

GazillionLocationAsgardStaff

March 19
What am I going to do with all this space?

Ryan 'Ryolnir' Collins
Community Manager

from:https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/76769/you-guys/p1

Source:Marvel Heroes & It's forum

This was just put up as well

mykol

Staff

8:32PM
Hey Everybody!
We'll be doing another livestream tomorrow March 21st at 4pm PDT / 7pm EDT / 11:59pm GMT! Join Ryolnir as he plays some Marvel Heroes, shows off new stuff, and answers some questions.
There will also be giveaways periodically and randomly given out during the stream.
You can find the Marvel Heroes Twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/marvelheroes

Ryolnir

8:36PM
@RaynMaykr said: Showing off Strange?
You bet! Doctor Strange, some Black Panther, a team up reveal...

From:https://forums.marvelheroes.com/dis...march-21st-4pm-pdt-7pm-edt-11-59pm-gmt#latest

source: Marvel heroes forum

Ryolnir

4:12PM
Also, @MichaelMayhem* is joining me to talk about Doctor Strange and Black Panther!

Ryan 'Ryolnir' Collins
Community Manager

From: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/dis...day-march-21st-4pm-pdt-7pm-edt-11-59pm-gmt/p4
source: marvel heroes forum

Ok the live streams about to start. a recorded version will be up after it's over.

he

Here's the recorded version in case you missed it.

1:00:04

Marvel Heroes: Official Twitch Channel
MarvelHeroes about an hour ago

more on team ups on next weeks Live stream

Firestar Team-Up Costume angles.Soragoofy

LocationDerpmania of HerpderpAmazing

7:43PM

From: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/77308/firestar-team-up-costume-angles#latest

Dr.Strange Defenders Costume Angles.

Soragoofy

7:42PM

from : https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/77307/dr-strange-defenders-costume-angles#latest

Shuri Costume angles.
Soragoofy

7:39PM

from: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/77306/shuri-costume-angles#latest

Source: marvel heroes Twitch channel and forums

here's a break down of last nights live stream. and some this is an up dated version of the original post on the forum of marvel heroes

Team-Ups

The first three will of course be Falcon, Spider-Man and Firestar:

tumblr_mb8x06LVED1qhi1se.jpg

Yes, each team-up will have customize skill trees with more than likely 12 powers each. There will be no costume slots but there will be 30 stash slots.
And yes, they can be bought with splinters. But there will be an Advanced Bundle Pack for Team-Ups
Possible Future Team-Ups
She-Hulk - (A coy) Awesome idea reply from @Ryolnir.
Dazzler - She definitely won't be a hero this year,but could be a good team-up idea.
War Machine - Will be playable, but may release first as a team-up.
Vampire Jubilee/Classic Jubilee - Would be an awesome idea but no confirmation.
Jubileu_X-Men.jpg

Longshot - Another awesome idea but no confirmation.
Deathlok - Been batting around the idea with Doomsaw for a year. Nothing set.
1141280-deathlok444_super.jpg

There are now 3 modes for the team-up: Big impact on entrance 30 second summon on a CD, always out like a D2 merc, or totally passive benefits. Each has their own pros and cons.
The first released will be Spider-Man, followed by Falcon for the new Cap movie, and Firestar at some point. A list of mentioned Team-Up heroes can be found here.
They will have gear slots and their own Team-Up gear. Team-Up gear will effect their stats, and sometimes your own.
They are account bound, not character bound, so if you buy Spider-Man team-up, all your heroes can use him.
Team-Ups are to be used by everyone, not lore-bound pair ups, so Deadpool could run around with Pepper Potts if you wanted. They will likely not be producing character only Team-Ups, such as a Groot that only Rocket Raccoon can have.
They carry 30 inventory items, this is apparently going to be accessible even if you don't own a Team-Up.
They will not collect loot for you or go sell items, they are not valets, they are super heroes.
Team-Ups will allow them to add heroes to the game early that may be years away from getting their own playable version. They will also allow them to support the Marvel movies without having to add playable characters/story content, such as Guardians of the Galaxy members.
Team-Ups will level with your hero automatically, so you can call them at level 1 and they will be level 1 or call them at level 60 and they will be level 60.
They have 12~ skills and some sort of skill tree system.
They are bought with Gs or splinters (maybe even achievement rewards) and will be less than $10, with the most expensive ones being those that need voice over work.
No costumes for Team-Ups, if they were going to do a different look (comics Falcon vs. movie Falcon) it would be its own Team-Up. This lets them make separate skill sets for them, i.e. two different Wolverines.
They will not have costumes, but some Team-Ups are costumes themselves such as Kate Bishop, Pepper Potts/Rescue, and Beta Ray Bill.
You may be able to rank up your Team-Up by donating items (uniques) to it, which will improve their stats, lengthen the summon duration, and reduce their cooldown.

Starktech

Previous Design
aIvkI9C.jpg

Starktech is being redesigned and no immediate release date. Focus has been turned to Team-Ups for now, but will get finished.
Bronx Zoo

Will happen, hopefully in the next couple of months. Probably after the first Raid is released.
Wave 2 Characters Pre-Sale Pack
Mmm, probably. But of course, Sue Storm is April and Psylocke is believed to be May.
Psylocke

they said she's have a mixed of TK and her pyskick knife and she'll be a melee hero and they didn't say if one as in how many katana's she'll use they dance around on the number and talk about dead pool in the mix of it. and moved on
I also just asked if she'll have he crimson dawn powers of teleportation and enhancement of her psionic powers too in the live stream thread the devs have up. Again it's in the live stream thread the dev's made.

From @MichaelMayhem : She's pretty far along. The MH team has had several meetings and they want to match the design of the MH game character to the current and past comic book character.
She will be ninja-esque, wielding a Tk katana. She will also have the psy-knife/psy-blade and be an awesome high-speed psychic ninja.

There may be a few more goodies hiding in Doomsaws chat log.
Thor
No plans for an Ultimate Thor enhanced costume, but Old Man Thor will be released in a few weeks.

Wolverine
Re-work hasn't started yet, still reviewing forum feedback but will have several new powers.
WOLVBEST_1_cover.jpg

Black Panther
There will be an Enhanced Costume Pack for Shuri

Don't Fear the Reaper Week-Long Event!
Ryolnir

9:05PM
Hey all -
We're having a very special event this week. For starters, we're leaving the 50% RIF, SIF, and XP server-side bonuses turned on until next Tuesday at 11:59 PDT. Additionally, we'll be having some very special promotions in the in-game store throughout the week.
But the main event is the Don't Fear the Reaper rotating bonus event.
From now until Tuesday evening, not only will the bonuses be running, but we will be enhancing loot in Terminals (all), Midtown, X-Defense, and Holo-Sim rewards on a rotating schedule!

As a note: the game will likely be coming down for an update this week. This will not impact the schedule. The livetuning will continue as scheduled.

Ryan 'Ryolnir' Collins
Community Manager

from: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/77958/don-t-fear-the-reaper-week-long-event?new=1
source: marvel heroes forums

more news on the team ups
Team-Up Hero FAQ

Doomsaw

March 24
Team-Up Heroes FAQ (Page 1)

When will Team-Ups Heroes launch?

The first Team-Up Heroes will officially launch on Thursday, April 3rd, in preparation for the Captain America movie.
A presale pack will likely be available approximately one week before the official launch of Team-Up Heroes.
We are incredibly excited about seeing this feature go live and launching for everyone. We spent a good amount of time playing our favorite ARPGs and iterating to find the most-fun combination of systems and features to give Team-Up Heroes.
Many new Team-Up Heroes will be added periodically in the weeks, months and years ahead!

Can Team-Up Heroes be obtained with Eternity Splinters or Gs?

Team-Up Heroes can be obtained from Adam Warlock on the same day as their release and in the G Store in a new section for Team-Up Heroes.
The Team-Up Heroes are generally split into the following categories:
Enhanced Team-Up Heroes: 600 Splinters or 900 G
Non-Enhanced Team-Up Heroes: 400 Splinters or 650 G
Very Basic Team-Up Heroes: 200 Splinters or 400 G
Enhanced Team-Up Heroes have new voice acting work done specifically for the team up itself.
Very Basic Team-Up Heroes have no voice work, minimal VFX and minimal new tech associated with them.
Team-Up heroes have a lot of work put into them (much, much more than an enhanced costume), but we're banking on the fact that they will appeal to a broad range of players and they will be a worthwhile investment for the Marvel Heroes development team and plan to support them for infinite time.

Will Team-Up Heroes use items?

Team-Up Heroes have 4 item slots and dedicated Team Up gear that drops in the world.
Team-Up gear drops in common through epic rarity (white through purple) and is affected by Rare Item Find (RIF).
Team-Up gear has custom bonuses specifically made for Team Ups.

Which Team-Up Heroes are available at launch?

The first four Team-Up Heroes will be:

• Spider-Man - The original Marvel Team Up who started the comic series. Dodge-based hero with webs and martial arts.
  • Falcon - Directly from the Captain America Winter Soldier movie with flight, twin Mac-10 submachine guns and primarily physical damage attacks
  • Firestar - An original from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. Primarily energy damage attacks using her microwave powers.
  • Magik - Illyana Rasputin, complete with Soulsword and magical/mental based attacks.

How are Team Up Heroes different from each other?
Team Up Heroes have their own unique set of skills and abilities, which you select for them using a 3 x 4 grid of talents.
The talent grid is used to customize the Team-Up Hero to your playstyle. You choose which talents your team up has. The talents can be changed freely in hubs.
Full-Time Team-Up - Stays with you until they are defeated.
Short Duration Team-Up - Stays with you until they are defeated or 30 seconds elapses. Has a very high impact move when called in and does higher damage, but with shorter uptime. Starts with a 3 minute cooldown.
Behind The Scenes Team-Up - Provides you a passive bonus but is never called into play.

Sneak Preview of a future Team-Up:

Team-Up Heroes FAQ (Page 2)

How do Team-Ups bind to your heroes?

Team-Ups will be freely used account wide with no restrictions.
Once you acquire a Team-Up Hero, they can be teamed with any of your heroes with no restriction. The Hero Roster interface allows you to easily set which Team-Up is associated with each of your heroes.

Can a Team-Up hero be used by that same hero being played?

Yes, the version of Earth in which Marvel Heroes exists is a juncture of many realities (as you've noticed), so this is no problem.

How do Team-Up Heroes level?

Team-Up Heroes automatically level up or down with your main hero, so you can freely use them on level 1 heroes or when using prestige levels.

Can Team-Up Heroes be defeated?

Although they have a high amount of health, Team-Ups can be damaged and defeated, which means you’ll need to call them in again based on their cooldown. You have the option of gearing them for increased survivability.

Can Team-Up Heroes use costumes?

Team-Ups will not be able to use costumes, but eventually alternate versions of Team-Ups may use different appearances. Example: Kate Bishop or Beta Ray Bill could potentially be a Team Up in the future.

What Team-Ups can we expect in the future?

Many, many, many will be available in the months and years to come, including Domino, Kitty Pryde, Beta Ray Bill, Lockjaw, Wolverine (a classic Marvel team up), Havok, all of the Guardians of the Galaxy, Wonder Man, Iceman (one of the original Amazing Friends) and Bob, Agent of Hydra are just short list of Team Ups that could appear in the future.
Note that a Team-Up Hero can also be a playable hero in the future and vice-versa.

Doomsaw

March 24
Please post any additional questions you have to the official FAQ for Team-Up Heroes.

Have more questions?

Post in this thread and they will add more details to this official FAQ:
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/77991/official-team-up-faq-discussion?new=1

this was just put up
Tuesday Lunch Update
Doomsaw

4:06PM
Tons of work today, but time for a super quick update:

• Black Panther and Dr. Strange should hit test center in a few hours. They have had several weeks of internal testing, so they are 99% but a few VFX and SFX are not quite done.@ryolnir will be setting up a forum soon.
  • Team Ups will be testable next Monday or so.
  • Team-Ups should be in a presale pack later this week. Austin is working on it and is finalizing an analysis to determine pricing. Good guy Austin loves the discounts.
  • I'm working on an FAQ for the raid system and first raid encounter. Should be done Monday.
  • The items team is working to get Legendary Items reviewed as a precursor to the full item review. Everything but Gungnir & Norn Stones gets a buff and M'Kraan gets a redesign. (You will be able to sell back Legendaries as usual)
  • Attributes review is in development and full item review is going through the pipeline. It will be ready for testing for Invisible Woman (the next playable).
  • A few recipes for duplicate uniques will be live this week and some next week.
  • We are considering an April Fool's event that includes playable Ryolnir, but that might be OP (still needs tuning).
  • Lots of PVP work is planned for next month, with PVP going live (with rewards and events) either April or May.
  • Don't Fear the Reaper event looks pretty solid. We're working on a bunch of new events and they will be expanded and automated soon.
  • Since this week's patch is from the "main build" of the game, tons of little bug fixes get collected, which will be noticeable.
  • New Juggernaut terminal is tested and is pretty fun. Maybe top 3 in favorite terminals, imho.
  • New inventory slots working in main build. Shipping within a few days.
  • Buffs pausing in hubs working in main build. Shipping within a few days.
  • New Cowbell artifact just got it's sound added. Praise Blue Oyster Cult.
Talk to you more later!

from: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/78145/tuesday-lunch-update#latest

Marvel Madness Sale!

March 24th, 2014
Marvel Madness is here! We're taking a whopping 50% off 10 select costumes!

CONTINUE READING »

Cosmic Penta Boosts are Back!

March 24th, 2014
Cosmic Penta Rush Boosts are back for this week! Cosmic Penta Rush Boosts offer increased Experience Gain, Rare Item Find, Special Item Find, Credit Find, and Orb Attraction Range lasting 4 HOURS. They even stack like our Rush Energy Bars! Hurry and grab yours before they go away!

CONTINUE READING »

and lastly

Team-Up Presale Starting 4 Pack now available!

March 25th, 2014
The wait is over. Team-Ups are finally here! Recruit your favorite hero to fight with you against Doctor Doom and Loki. The first wave of Team-Ups includes Spider-Man, Falcon from the upcoming Marvel film, Firestar and Magik.

CONTINUE READING »

And

Doomsaw GazillionLocationPanthernadoStaff

9:51PM

Talked with Austin just now.
Price of team ups changed to 750, 550 and 350 Gs. (G Store changes only)
Initial team ups launched as:
Falcon and Firestar = 750 G
Spider-Man and Magik = 550 G
(All of them have new voice acting

Have more questions?
Post in this thread and they will add more details to this official FAQ:
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/77991/official-team-up-faq-discussion?new=1

source:Marvel Heroes.com and it's forum

Last edited:
another live stream on the way this Friday featuring the first set of team up heroes.

Marvel Heroes Livestream this Friday, March 28th @ 4pm PDT

March 26th, 2014
Joins us for a Marvel Heroes livestream this Friday March 28th at 4pm PDT / 7pm EDT / 11pm GMT. We will be playing Marvel Heroes, teasing upcoming content, and answering questions from our community!

CONTINUE READING »

Here's a break down of last nights live stream.

Team-Ups Doomsaw: Team Ups can be changed anywhere but can only be re-spec'ed in Hubs. With 1-2 new team-ups amonth, but there could be a month with no team ups.
Guardians of the Galaxy
Doomsaw: Yes, more than one. Multiple team ups. Less than six.
Shadowcat
Marvel-Shadowcat-random-35920048-466-700.jpg

Ryolnir: Huge fan, would love to see her as team-up or playable
Demolition Man
Ryolnir: Love to have him someday.
Judge Dredd
658031-judge_dredd_l_2000ad_poster.jpg

Ryolnir: Not happening.
War Machine
Doomsaw: Definitely a team up, a good bet in the first 20.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie2.jpg

Ryolnir: Would be great.
Chuck Norris

Chuck_Norris_Vol_1_1.jpg

Ryolnir: Impossible to balance his powers.
Slapstick
1769400-slapstick.jpg

Ryolnir: Would be the most ridiculous thing ever! (I think he meant in a good way)
CowKing (David Brevik)'s Demanded Team-up
Cable and Deadpool
Cable_%26_Deadpool_Vol_1_18.jpg

Ryolnir's Team-Up
Shadowcat, Captain Britain:
captain_britain_super_super.jpg

and VISION

But he'd most likely stay a team-up, like Shadowcat. It'd be difficult to make their powers work in game.

and further on it.

PSYLOCKE
Cowking/Ryolnir: Soon, very soon. Very Very.
Doomsaw: (CONFIRMED) She's after Invisible Woman! And (the developer) @Psilocke is very closely involved.
Silver Surfer
So sad...
tumblr_lxtpgcuBpr1qzbqf4o1_500.png

Cowking: 2015, sorry, but they have awesome plans for him and it'd be best to wait.
Mr. Fantastic
2014!
Venom
Cowking's timetable: Definitely not in the next few months.

NOVA
Cowking's timetable: Definitely not much later than the next few months!
Blade
Ryolnir: Not this year, but pretty strongly likely 2015.
Thing
Ryolnir: Excited to get his review going and possibly a Spiky Thing Costume:

BRONX ZOO: Confirmed Boss
Cowking: Lizard!
1_1_lizard.JPG

Shared Legendary Quests
Cowking: Ran into some issues and needs some work. It's in iteration.
Achievments
Cowking: Coming soon!
MAC Client
Cowking: Soon, he uses a Mac, too and wants it too happen like everyone else.
DOOMSAW'S AFTER HOURS STREAM CHAT
@Vampira said:
Do we have a chance of getting the Female pack this year? (Sue,Psylocke and then only then,Rogue?)
Doomsaw: I will forward the suggestion to @afongtwo since he manages the store (among other things).
@Majihn said: ICEMAN WHEN?
Iceman.gif

Doomsaw: 2015
Doomsaw: Silver Surfer isn't delayed, he is just the final advance pack hero in our tentative schedule which is likely January 2015 (or possibly December 2014).
@Pawz said: Don't team ups go live next week?
Doomsaw: They do indeed. We have a few changes to Firestar to make and one change to Falcon costume and we'll be ready to show them off!
@Joalin said: Likelihood in percentage for the following as playables (not team-ups):
Doomsaw:
Firestar
100%
Magik
100% : Less then 36 months but more than 12 for a playable release.
Dazzler
100% (But not in the top 20 team ups probably)
Magma
TBD
Rachel Summers
TBD
Dani Moonstar
80%
Mission Tracker
Change the functionality so you can quickly choose between missions.
The Meaning of Life
Doomsaw: Everyday must be valuable. Whether it's getting better loot or making someone happy.
PVP Tournaments
Possible sponsored events. Maybe weekly, monthly or sometimes yearly with cool prizes.
Life Leach Cores
Make a variety options, 6, none will be just plain LL. Options: for AoE, and best options for melee, various builds.
X-23
406px-X23001_cov.jpg

Will we see her sometime soon?
Doomsaw: By the end of the year is the best guess. She will be pretty sweet. We have lots of costumes for her. She will be different from Wolverine.
And Wolverine will get his review after Black Widow.
Stash Tabs
Will never be free, a very important part of the revenue stream. One of the few things we can charge for.
Rocket Raccoon
Yes, getting a movie costume. with Lvl 52 review.
Thor
Old King Thor costume in one month! Super excited!
Black Widow
Her Lvl 52 rework: followed a lot of suggestions from the forums. She gets a good Ult, a good stealthy signature move.
Agent Venom
A team up? Costume? Playable character? Yes, yes, yes.

and lastly

Doomsaw After Hours: Cont'd : Sorry it's a mess! Just typed as it went!
Gambit
New Death costume soon.
Scarlet Spider
Not on the development schedule.
In-Game Clock
Possibly go in the top left corner.
Trade Window
In about 5 weeks.
Beast
Will be the next 200 ES side project after X-23. We love him! He will also be a new vendor.
Nick Fury
Should be a team up and playable.
Sandman
As a raid boss? Would be awesome.
Scarlet Witch
Confirmed Wiccan costume.
Punisher
His Battle Van is definitely coming with the Lvl 52 review. The cornerstone of his new Ult.
Penance
Penance(Baldwin)_Head2.jpg

Playable? That would be cool.
Squirrel Girl
Quality of life review for the next big patch.
Elektra
She'll definitely be a team up before playable.
Sentry
As playable? Doomsaw: He's kind of boring, possibly Hyperion.
Ghost Rider
Lady Ghost Rider is not approved yet, but she looks great.
Captain Mar Vell
Mar-Vell_(Earth-616).jpg

Some spoilers possibly in Chicago.
NEW One-Shot Terminals
A new terminal more story focused, instead of just running to kill a boss. A way to tell many different Marvel stories. Almost a new mini-chapter every month.
Jubilee
On the to do list to be playable, but not in the next advanced pack, but she will be done.
Ant-Man & Wasp
Definitely want to do. Definitely not this year as playable or team-up.
Guild-Leveling Feature
No time estimate on that yet.
Angel
No finished design yet for him.
Namor
No plans for him.
from: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/dis...tream-recap-doomsaw-s-after-hours-comments/p1

this from the forum with the lastest, but have been fully put on the Updates dates part of the site.
Monday Evening Update
Doomsaw

GazillionLocationSerious BusinessStaff

March 31
Hi all, the entire team is working to get this week's patch ready for you.
Here's some quick notes about just a few of the things we were working on today at Gazillion HQ:

• We hope you had a great weekend!
  • Any bugs from the weekend are in the queue to be resolved, most are already handled internally.
  • We have a Cap movie costume coming this week and a new Black Widow costume since she features prominently in the movie.

• Even further on this
  • [*]We like to follow-up our level 52 hero reviews with quality-of-life changes the week after the review after thousands of people have played the hero for a few days. With that in mind, we made about 6 changes to Black Panther that will be seen in this week's game build:https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/79892/black-panther-quality-of-life-updates/p1

[*]We are continuing work on Black Widow's 52 review. We are extremely excited about it, as almost every power is touched in some way, minor or major. We have harnessed the feedback from the Black Widow forums and used a solid 80% of the ideas in some minor for her level 52 review.

"Dodge This."

- After Black Widow comes Wolverine's level 52 review. @Ryolnir is a huge Wolverine fan and will give his stamp of approval on Logan's review, as will, more importantly, the Wolverine players who have taken the time to add ideas and feedback in the official thread, keep it coming!https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/56861/official-wolverine-level-52-review-feedback/p1

the most important news of this week.

Doomsaw GazillionLocationSerious BusinessStaff
March 31

• Team-Ups have another 2-3 days of work and then will be ready for testing. They'll be released as soon as we get the green light from your guys (everything works) and Marvel (all the costumes, particularly Falcon, are 100% approved).
  • Team-Up items are working internally. Team Ups have 4 slots:
  • SHIELD Communicator
  • SHIELD Biometrics Enhancer
  • SHIELD Portal Defense Screen
  • SHIELD Hostile Unit Analyzer
  • Each team-up slot has a slightly different combination of bonuses that can appear on them.
  • Some of the bonuses affect the Team-Up Hero and some affect you.
  • Team-up gear is fully tradeable.
Here's a teaser preview from some internal testing @Psilocke and @TheCosmicCupcake* were doing just now:

Last edited:
and lastly

Doomsaw

March 29

@Kimimi said: Will one-shots be canon in-game, or follow comic storylines, or be similar to what-ifs (not canon to both game and comic)?
One-shots will follow comic storylines, outside of the game story (hence stuff like Shadowlands).
1513255-shadowland_daredevil_1.jpg

From:https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1013295

Doomsaw

March 31
.. And finally, Austin snuck in the fact that Mr. Fantastic is coming soon, along with Psylocke and Invisible Woman in the Q2 Advance Pack:
https://store.marvelheroes.com/wsstore_en_us/2014-wave-2-presale-pack.html

Chronicle-Director-Shoots-Down-Fantastic-Four-Rumors.jpg

from: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/80127/monday-evening-update/p1

source: Marvel Heroes forum

Last edited:
live stream tomorrow and yes the team ups will be shown
Livestream tomorrow Thursday April 3rd @ 4pm PDT / 7pm EDT / 11pm GMT
mykol

Staff

April 2
Hey Everybody!
We plan to have a livestream tomorrow Thursday April 3rd @ 4pm PDT / 7pm EDT / 11pm GMT! We'll show some Team-Ups, discuss Marvel Heroes, and answer questions!
Join us on our twitch channel at: http://www.twitch.tv/marvelheroes

Ryolnir

April 2
Just a heads up - we'll only be able to show off two Team Ups during the stream! If anything changes about that, well, we'll let you know!

Ryan 'Ryolnir' Collins
Community Manager

from:http://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...hursday-april-3rd-4pm-pdt-7pm-edt-11pm-gmt/p2

source: marvel heroes Forum

So in case you missed the live stream they showed off task master one of the new but surprise anti heroes

Taskmaster Actually Available Now!

April 3rd, 2014
Some April Fool’s are too good to leave as a joke…Taskmaster is now available!

CONTINUE READING »

And they showed off Magik ( Colossus's Sisters his little snow flake) and Spider man for Team up's which will be out next week with fire star and falcon.

here's the recorded version

1:07:52

Marvel Heroes: Official Twitch Channel
New Surprise Anti Hero Task mask join m
[FONT=nexa_bookregular][/FONT][FONT=nexa_bookregular]arvel heroes and two team up heroes ma[/FONT][FONT=nexa_bookregular]gik and Spider man are shown off Patch includes the Black Panther upgrades, a bunch of bug fixes (including Dr. Strange infinite dmg bug), Cosmic Prestige level, Captain America movie costume, Black Widow Fear Itself costume. on their

Source:Marvel heroes Twitch channel.
[/FONT]

The rest of the latest up dates just in time for the movie Captain america the winter soldier

S.H.I.E.L.D. Holo-Sim Event!

April 4th, 2014
To celebrate the release of the Marvel's latest theatrical release, train to be an elite S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent and challenge yourself in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Holo-Sim this weekend! Loot drops will be increased 100% from Friday, April 4th to Monday, April 7th.

CONTINUE READING »

Limited Time Bundles!

April 4th, 2014
In honor of Steve Roger's latest cinematic adventure, we’ve released a few very special bundles featuring the Super Soldier himself and S.H.I.E.L.D.'s deadliest spy.

CONTINUE READING »

Three New Costumes!

April 4th, 2014
This week we've got three all new amazing costumes for everyone. Straight from Marvel's latest film comes Captain America's newest. Black Widow is sporting a couple new accessories with her Fear Itself costume, and our new Hero Taskmaster's also has his Udon costume.

CONTINUE READING »

Source:marvel Heroes.com

Good thing I'm not playing the game anymore. I might have actually put down money for this.

5QRXFCc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"