Marvel Now - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's strictly alternate reality I might skip it entirely. $12 a month for the mini is too steep for me. But then again, it's Bendis writing Luke Cage again, which I miss.

Age of Ultron will create a new Marvel universe...!?

AGE OF ULTRON #7 (of 10)
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W)
BRANDON PETERSON & CARLOS PACHECO (A/C)
Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
Variant cover by LEINIL YU
Ultron Variant by ROCK-HE KIM
In an attempt to defeat Ultron two Marvel Heroes take it upon themselves to create an all-new Marvel Universe. But is the one they have created better or worse than the one they left behind? The event of the year just got INSANE!!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AGE OF ULTRON #8 (OF 10)
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W)
BRANDON PETERSON & CARLOS PACHECO (A/C)
Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
Variant cover by 7TH ORANGE
Ultron Variant by ROCK-HE KIM
With the Marvel Universe turned inside out, who will take responsibility for breaking the world? And is there any way to put it back? Wait until you see who is in charge of the new world order and how they got there…! A reality-spanning choice is made this issue that will affect the Marvel Universe for years and years to come.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Still gives me no desire to read this. :( Money saved....

Agreed. I'm saving my pennies for this Thanos thing they're cooking up.

The more I read about the Age of Ultron the less interested I become. I'm actually heavily considering skipping it. That'll save $12 per month, or more if I were to try tie-ins, and that helps in my buying big time!

I don't know... we'll see.

My store is doing a presale this week where you can go ahead and buy Age of Ultron now for $25. I still don't know if I am going to do it.

NOVA #1
JEPH LOEB (W)
ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)
Variant Cover by MARCOS MARTIN​

The Human Rocket returns! You’ve followed him through the history making (and changing!) AvX and now the mystery of the all-new Nova are revealed in this breathtaking new ongoing by the best-selling, award winning team of Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness (RED HULK, Avengers X-Sanction). Sam Alexander is a kid bound by the gravity of a small town and a father whose ridiculous, drunken fairy tales about a “Nova Corps” were just another heavy burden in a life full of them. But luckily for Sam Alexander…soon gravity won’t even matter. And those troubles? It’s like they’re a billion miles away.
So Richard Rider is Sam Alaxander's father? I think Loeb can deliver on this. It seems he's really basing it on his dead son.

No, it isn't Richard--he isn't a drunk, or alive--but it's someone else who either had ties or had heard stories about them.

In context it sounds like Richard. Unless I'm missing something.

That wouldn't make sense for Rider to suddenly have a teenage son. He's twenty something himself. But then again...Loeb.

I do think the art is a really good fit, but I will pass

Rumor has it that Age of Ultron may set the wheels in motion for Marvel to
kill off Wolverine.

Probably not but it will keep those Marvel Sales staying pretty high for the time being...

You know how many books will have to be cancelled if they kill off Wolverine? They really need to stop this killing major characters every year thing for "shock" value. It's become so brazen now.

Not gonna happen. Though, I wouldn't mind it if they did.

That doesn't make much sense. Ultron and Wolverine have nothing to do with each other—other than the fact that Wolverine is an Avenger now and Ultron is an Avengers villain.

That doesn't make much sense. Ultron and Wolverine have nothing to do with each other—other than the fact that Wolverine is an Avenger now and Ultron is an Avengers villain.
It would have something to do with time-travelling somehow subverting his healing factor.

No I don't think that is Rider. It's a retcon and Sam's dad, but not Rider..apparently....and its several retcons

- seemingly creating some sort "black Nova corps" looks like a black ops nova force
-Rich Rider apparently was not the first human Nova
- Gamora and Racoon active with the Nova Corps 17 years ago?...this one seems like the biggest stretch.

I hate retcons and such..but i guess i can live with these...the black ops Nova force is actually a decent idea.

It would honestly make sense that the corps would have aspects not "powered" by the Nova force and operating independently..we will see.

I've actually gotten into the "I love Wolverine" mood I haven't had since around 2002. But if his titles were ended by such a event it would be less books to buy. Which for me is a big plus for the moment...

Havnt bought a solo Wolverine book in awhile and dont really have an interest to but for the most part Ive enjoyed his role in UXF, WATX and All New X Men.

The character definitely needs a break. Personally I'd like to see it.

Would anyone actually miss him at this point?

I've actually gotten into the "I love Wolverine" mood I haven't had since around 2002. But if his titles were ended by such a event it would be less books to buy. Which for me is a big plus for the moment...

I would miss him. Jason Aaron and Rick Remender have both done terrific work with the character over the past couple of years.

Just to clarify, from what's being speculated though is that Bendis is putting the pieces into place in AoU and they kicked around the idea at the creative summit last week on to off him or not. Supposedly, many were for it because of the obvious storyline possibilities.

I'm mixed right now. Marvel has put him in this Professor X type role since Schism and cemented that even more with the twist at the end of Uncanny X-Men #1 this past week. My opinion is that while it opens doors, it still leaves other potential stuff out there yet to be explored. In other words....."too soon".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"