Marvel Now - Part 3

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by Thread Manager, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

Id say its about the same these days

2. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

:huh: Um...yeah. Or the X-men.

3. THANOSRULES

THANOSRULES Well-Known Member

I just Byrne stole Avenger's Arena issues 2-3 in Barnes and Noble..and really Hopeless is a good writer and really had Darkhawk down as a character.

(in some ways, i still don't think he is showing an accurate portrayal of the current Darkhawks power levels and abilities)

I'm still not going to support the book because I just can't encourage what the book stands for..that is I feel the book is a killfest that takes advantage of what too many other writers built up to take advantage of readers.

I think this kind of story can be great , either out of continuity or in generic (Boom's Death match is so far excellent and I encourage people to check it out). But too much of a book based on this "who dies next" stuff spits in the face of people who built these characters up and created them.

So Hopeless you not a total hack, but I'm still not going to check out the book.

4. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

5. runawayboulder

runawayboulder 2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP

Eh, who cares. If it ends the Ultimate Universe I could care less if they copied both word for word.....:up:

6. Mr. Dent

I actually like Ultimate Spider-Man.

7. runawayboulder

8. Scarecrow_King

Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

The Ultimate Universe does need to die. It was meant to be a new universe with clean continuity, and it was for a few years. But now it's somehow even more complicated than 616.

Kill it, please.

9. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Just as long as they don't use it as an opportunity to replace characters with their Ultimate counterparts. That would irk me. A lot.

10. THANOSRULES

THANOSRULES Well-Known Member

It's a few years too late...the Ultimate Universe is now so distant from what it was intended, it's not really much of an event.

11. Slick

Slick Yup

First off I want to say I have been loving everything about your Ultimate Spider-Man stories and I thought that Spider-Men was THE best mini-series of last year. But I want to ask if the Ultimate Comics will do anything like Ultimate Doomsday or Ultimate Galactus trilogy where all of the Characters of the ultimate Universe come together for a problem again. I know that Divided We Fall, United We Stand just ended but everybody was kind of dealing with their own stuff and not as big of teamup.
    yourethebestaround
    I am happy to report that we are cooking a couple of interesting projects with the ultimate universe along the lines. ultimate doomsday was a project very close to my heart.
    I am also happy to report that the ultimate universe is in healthy shape and not going away anytime soon, contrary to some irresponsible reporting out there today

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.co...f-i-want-to-say-i-have-been-loving-everything

12. Scarecrow_King

Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

13. Slick

Slick Yup

Lol haters gonna hate

14. Mr. Dent

Oh please, I don't believe anything anyone associated with Marvel says to the press. They've straight up lied about so many things just to deny rumors that they've lost their credibility with me. The pretty much goes for the entire entertainment industry these days though.

15. Slick

Slick Yup

Honestly marvel can end The Ultimates (which hasn't been good since Hickman left) and Ultimate X-men (which is pretty good but I can live lol) but not Ultimate spidey that book has been great since it first started in 2000 and continues to be IMHO.

16. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Ultimate Spider-Man seems to have been successful from the beginning...I've only read the first four volumes in trade form but its definitely enjoyable.

I won't be surprised when the 616 version of Miles Morales appears.

17. OutcryX

OutcryX Well-Known Member

As long as Mile Morales shows up in the 616...they can erase the entire Ultimate line...just like they did the 2099 line

18. Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I'm still waiting for the reveal of Miles in 616 after the end of Spider-Men. I'm assuming he has to either be a criminal or someone Spider-Man failed to save at some point.

19. hippie_hunter

hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Bendis said the same thing about him working on Siege that Bleeding Cool was wrong and low and behold, it turned out they were right. Considering the sales of the Ultimate books and how the multiple relaunches have failed to revitalize interest, I'd be very surprised if Marvel didn't do something along the lines of Avengers vs. Ultimates. Maybe not completely end the line, but something.

20. Mr. Dent

Maybe we'll go back to the days where Ultimate Spider-Man was the only on-going Ultimate title?

21. Thwip!

Thwip! Well-Known Member

Kinda like Miguel has turned up in the 616

22. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I know a lot of people love Ultimate Spider-Man. My Dad likes The Ultimates, but I personally think they're all a bunch of grumpy meanies :o

23. JewishHobbit

JewishHobbit Well-Known Member

Miguel showed up in Exiles but that, as wierd as it is, was an alternate Miguel.

And everyone seems to love Spidey 2099. He was cool but there were a lot of cool 2099 characters. Halloween Jack was a great one who made the jump to the main 616, made an appearance, and was never seen again. Skullfire was the best of the bunch if you ask me. Bloodhawk was awesome. Junkpile was great.

If you couldn't tell, I was an X-Men 2099 fan :up:

24. Thwip!

Thwip! Well-Known Member

Oh i know it's an alternate but still he was a 2099 spider-man

Trust me you wont find a bigger fan of 2099 than this guy *points thumbs at self*

25. runawayboulder

He's probably some guy that Peter had a homosexual encounter with at some ESU kegger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.