Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Could this game actually be a reality? Looks like there might actually be hope

Word of a new Marvel Vs. Capcom game could be heading our way in the coming months if rumors from website Team Spooky can be believed.

And here's why I think they can: The poster over on Team Spooky saying that Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is inbound is the same person who last summer leaked the entire Super Street Fighter IV roster and got it right.

There's also my interview with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars producer Ryota Niitsuma from earlier this year.
In it, Niitsuma says that a we could be hearing about a new versus game from Capcom this year.

"I would love to do more versus series, more types of games like Marvel Vs. Capcom 2," Niitsuma said. "There are all of these possibilities working with other companies, seeing what we could do with them. There are so many game companies I'd love to work with.

"If sales are really good (for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars) then you can see an announcement within this year," he said.

Also, there's Capcom's annual big news event happening next week in Hawaii. They've got to have something to knock our socks off with right?

Don't worry, we'll be there live to deliver all of the news, impressions and interviews live from the island state.

http://kotaku.com/5511912/marvel-vs-capcom-3-unveiling-soon

it would amazing; i wonder what visual look they'll go with.

If you asked me before if I ever thought it would happen, I would have said no but then they released MVC2 on PSN/XBLA and I thh that never would become a reaility. Lets hope we hear something by E3 about this title

I really hope so. I also hope it looks like SFIV. Love the art style for that game.

I hope not.
I want it to look like MVC 1 or 2. I don't mind the 3D backgrounds, but I hope the character designs and the gameplay remain the same. I've been expecting a third game for way too long.

It'll probably be a new engine, which means less characters, which probably means no Tron Bonne, and no Servbots

:(

I hope not.
I want it to look like MVC 1 or 2. I don't mind the 3D backgrounds, but I hope the character designs and the gameplay remain the same. I've been expecting a third game for way too long.

MvC 1 and 2 look dated. They can do better.

Megaman 9 looks dated. Doesn't stop it from being fun for those who played it.
I find MvC1 and 2 extremely fun, and that's because of the character models, the visuals and the gameplay, and I think the latter is at its best. I'll take that over anything they might try to better, like MK vs DC.

Last edited:
It'll probably be a new engine, which means less characters, which probably means no Tron Bonne, and no Servbots

:(

There are 35 characters in Super Street Fighter IV, assuming they match that I think there is probably room for Tron on there. There will definitely be Servbots at any rate.

There are 35 characters in Super Street Fighter IV, assuming they match that I think there is probably room for Tron on there. There will definitely be Servbots at any rate.

35 split between Marvel and Capcom...I don't know, maybe. Seems that doesn't leave a huge amount of space after Capcom puts on the usual suspects you'd expect. They didn't put her in TvC (I mean, seriously, Frank West from Dead Rising over her? For God's sake...)

They didn't put Karin in SSFIV like I was hoping, either. So I conclude Capcom hates me, so I fear we won't see her if this game happens.

I hope the look is similar to Tatsunoko vs Capcom. They definetly should stay away from SFIV

I'd kill for this game. Hopefully this time we'll get Deadpool, Iron Fist, Punisher, Thor & the FF.

What was up with the previous games having the likes of Marrow but not Thor or the Fanf'intastic Four?

I really hope this happens.New additions to the roster would be great.I'd die of happiness if I could see a Dante vs. Deadpool match.

I'd kill for this game. Hopefully this time we'll get Deadpool, Iron Fist, Punisher, Thor & the FF.

What was up with the previous games having the likes of Marrow but not Thor or the Fanf'intastic Four?
I was surprised Thor didnt make it into the MVC2 roster bc he was in the first one as a helper. They already had his sprite. Just needed to give him some more animatinos and a moveset

Man.... Marvel fighting games are aways my fav in the arcade...
mvc was how i got so interested in superheroes in the first place! :)

If you asked me before if I ever thought it would happen, I would have said no but then they released MVC2 on PSN/XBLA and I thh that never would become a reaility. Lets hope we hear something by E3 about this title

I would have said no too, but then again Capcom gave us MvC2 on XBL/PSN, as well as jumped through the hoops to give me Tatsunoko vs Capcom in the US, which is their best vs game to date.

I have hope, I really hope it's true. It needs an engine overhaul and needs the additions given to TvC. The additions to TvC gave the game so much more depth that could make MvC3 super awesome.

I would actually be ok with less characters as long as they all had a uniqueness about them that put them apart from one another.

And yes, I hope Tronne Bonne would stay as a character, as she's awesome.

I hope the look is similar to Tatsunoko vs Capcom. They definetly should stay away from SFIV

Dont those 2 titles look fairly similar? SFIV is such a pretty game, with all the colorful characters in the Marvel universe it'd be a shame to see them use a different engine.

I think its a given that there will be less characters. MvC2 only had so much bc it was basically a cut and paste job from across their fighters that they released that decade. Capcom has only really done SFIV and TvC in recent history. They'd have to start from scratch with most of the characters. If they use TvC's engine, they at least have a working half to start with. Build a Marvel roster and throw in a few more Capcom, and they have a game. It doesnt need 60+. 40 (20 per side) is a good base start for a revival

I think its a given that there will be less characters. MvC2 only had so much bc it was basically a cut and paste job from across their fighters that they released that decade. Capcom has only really done SFIV and TvC in recent history. They'd have to start from scratch with most of the characters. If they use TvC's engine, they at least have a working half to start with. Build a Marvel roster and throw in a few more Capcom, and they have a game. It doesnt need 60+. 40 (20 per side) is a good base start for a revival

Yea 40 characters would be a nice amount. Then we could get Super Marvel vs Capcom 3 and they could add in the rest.

Dont those 2 titles look fairly similar? SFIV is such a pretty game, with all the colorful characters in the Marvel universe it'd be a shame to see them use a different engine.

Not really, the art direction of both games is pretty different.

Street Fighter IV looks fantastic, don't get me wrong, but it's a wrong fit for a vs game. TvC was more like a more polished and pretty version of the art direction they took for MvC2.

I would rather them grab that engine, and like Havok said, work off that. The engine is already done, they would just have to pick and choose who to use from Marvel and rework them. On top of that change up the Capcom roster a bit and add some more, about 20 on each side, and we have an awesome follow up to MvC2.

Examples would be I would change Mega Man Volnutt to the classic Mega Man. Also, please add Dr. Wily as playable. :D

Not really, the art direction of both games is pretty different.

Street Fighter IV looks fantastic, don't get me wrong, but it's a wrong fit for a vs game. TvC was more like a more polished and pretty version of the art direction they took for MvC2.

I would rather them grab that engine, and like Havok said, work off that. The engine is already done, they would just have to pick and choose who to use from Marvel and rework them. On top of that change up the Capcom roster a bit and add some more, about 20 on each side, and we have an awesome follow up to MvC2.

Examples would be I would change Mega Man Volnutt to the classic Mega Man. Also, please add Dr. Wily as playable. :D

I think SFIV is the best looking fighting game out there, i want them to use that engine. I dont think its a bad fit at all, the game already looks like a moving picture, Itd fit perfectly for the Marvel guys.

I think SFIV is the best looking fighting game out there, i want them to use that engine. I dont think its a bad fit at all, the game already looks like a moving picture, Itd fit perfectly for the Marvel guys.
I think SFIV is fitted for 1 on 1. The character models are big and the combat and animations (especially for the ultras) gets pretty close, detailed and indepth. I dont see it translating as well to a VS game. MvC is too crazy and fast paced and if they keep the 3 on 3, I think the SFIV engine would be a mess. TvC looked very beautiful as it is, especially considering it made its way on the Wii and wasnt pushing any boUndaries. Id kill to see this as the look of a new MvC

tatunoko44.jpg

Yea that looks pretty cool, but i would hope they would push the visuals a littler harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"