Marvel's What If...? - General Discussion

I mean....I will watch it, sure. But am I pumped for it? Not really. Last season was fairly meh. Worst MCU product to date. Heck, I would rather watch a garden variety episode of Agents of SHIELD or Cloak & Dagger than What If based on last season. Def cannot muster the same enthusiasm as I can for likes of Secret Invasion or Armor Wars and such

Today, Chadwick Boseman, received an Emmy nomination for his work as T'Challa in What If.
FINGERS CROSSED!

Liking the Asgardian content.

Oh **** yeah. 1602 was one of the first Gaiman works I ever read.

My interest overall on What If is fairly low. But you know what I think would be a cool use of this show? Assuming the end up doing Battleworld for Secret Wars, I would love to see a full What If season about Battleworld. Make every episode about a different section of Battleworld using the variants who will be in the movie.

My interest overall on What If is fairly low. But you know what I think would be a cool use of this show? Assuming the end up doing Battleworld for Secret Wars, I would love to see a full What If season about Battleworld. Make every episode about a different section of Battleworld using the variants who will be in the movie.
That would actually be pretty cool and now I want this to happen lol. They did announce a season 3 was greenlit at SDCC and given season 2 is gonna come early 2023, I could definitely see a season 3 being ready by summer/fall 2025, before Secret Wars releases in November.

Apparently the storyboards for 3 episodes of the 2nd season leaked online (the usual Reddit spoilers forum).

But the 3 episodes seem to be about (guesses from the Mods)...
What If the Red Guardian joined the Avengers
What If Surtur invaded Earth instead of Asgard
What If Yondu took Quill to his father.

I was only able to look at the 1st one before the pages stopped loading (I assume they got taken down). If anyone wants more info, you can check out the comments on that particular thread. The descriptions of the 3rd episode seem particularly interesting.

Last edited:
They already fired everyone from Spider-Man: Freshman Year and seemingly cancelled season 2 (AKA Sophomore Year).

And now there are rumors that there are more animated things that might be in trouble. What If will probably only be renewed if season 2 performs really well.

They already fired everyone from Spider-Man: Freshman Year and seemingly cancelled season 2 (AKA Sophomore Year).

And now there are rumors that there are more animated things that might be in trouble. What If will probably only be renewed if season 2 performs really well.

That's not good. Between this and WB, it seems we're gonna see less animated projects coming out.

Some new original character being introduced in What If? And significant enough to get their own merch too. I don't think the first season introduced many new characters right? Only one I can really think of is Cagliostro. This doesn't seem to be a character from the comics.
x3v54eoh16la1.jpg

kii29doh16la1.jpg

Some new original character being introduced in What If? And significant enough to get their own merch too. I don't think the first season introduced many new characters right? Only one I can really think of is Cagliostro. This doesn't seem to be a character from the comics.
x3v54eoh16la1.jpg

kii29doh16la1.jpg

There's supposed to be a 1602 episode in season 2, so it's possible she might pop up there. Otherwise I have no idea.

Unless there's something significant to see here then this will be the first season of a MCU show I'm skipping.

I don't think it should be really "significant"
Its a fun show telling some amusing stories, look at them more like animated shorts than an "MCU Series"

That said, if they use more fake voices this season that'll be quite disappointing... The guys who did Cap and Iron Man did a good job, but it felt so jarring hearing them act opposite other actual MCU stars

I thought Josh Keaton did a pretty good job as Cap.

So the timing of the article seems suspect. It seems like they only wrote up this article because of the Funko toy of the new character getting released early. There isn't even any news about when season 2 will debut. Marvel is basically saying "hey here's a toy of a new character from our show that will come out whenever".

Besides that, the character looks cool. I dig her design.

So the timing of the article seems suspect. It seems like they only wrote up this article because of the Funko toy of the new character getting released early. There isn't even any news about when season 2 will debut. Marvel is basically saying "hey here's a toy of a new character from our show that will come out whenever".

Besides that, the character looks cool. I dig her design.

If she's popular enough, she'll appear in live action and the comics. Plus having this brand new character means that comic book fans won't complain that the character is race bended or gender bended from the comics.

Also, Amber Midthunder should voice her and maybe even play her in live action.

If she's popular enough, she'll appear in live action and the comics.
Since she's very specifically a character from an alternate history past, she'll have to be either separated from the main universe, or introduced there through multiverse stories. Maybe in the comics she'll get her own limited series, or maybe she'll join the Exiles or something. In the MCU I could only see her in Secret Wars maybe similar to how MoM had Captain Carter.

Also, Amber Midthunder should voice her and maybe even play her in live action.
With how much effort they went through to make the character specific to the Mohawk Nation and have the episode spoken in the Mohawk language, I'm fairly certain they would go out of their way to look for a Mohawk actress who maybe has some basis in the Mohawk language, which Midthunder is not. I think it's likely they already cast an actress and modeled the character after her, since they did the same for Cagliostro/O'Bengh in season 1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"