Marvel's What If...? - General Discussion

We've been discussing it everyday in the individual episode threads.

At the very least I'd recommend the 2nd episode.
2-3 people...ok. But I'm talking about the greater online community.

Granted I haven't sought out conversation about the series, but I haven't been linked to as many videos or posts about it on my YT or FB feeds. So I do see lower engagement on the series on my end

Granted I haven't sought out conversation about the series, but I haven't been linked to as many videos or posts about it on my YT or FB feeds. So I do see lower engagement on the series on my end
That is true, I'll give you that. I guess Im only seeing this stuff in my feed, cause I'm also looking for it lol. It's a shame though, while this season so far isn't perfect (and still has runtime issues with some episodes), I feel like overall it's improvement from the first season.

Wasn't expecting a trailer for Season 3 this soon. That could be from an episode they pushed to S3, like how the Tony on Sakaar episode was originally meant for S1. I guess it makes sense they'd try to fast track it since the live action shows are on the ropes right now but I would've thought we'd be seeing that Marvel Zombies show before What If? S3.

Hopefully s3 uses newer characters like Ms . Marvel, She Hulk, Daredevil, etc..
At the very least we should be seeing more phase 4 characters. From previous reports, production for seasons 1 and 2 were back to back while there was a bit of a break before they started season 3.

Hopefully s3 uses newer characters like Ms . Marvel, She Hulk, Daredevil, etc..

At the very least we should be seeing more phase 4 characters. From previous reports, production for seasons 1 and 2 were back to back while there was a bit of a break before they started season 3.
Shang-Chi and Ms. Marvel are supposed to be in Marvel Zombies so I think it's a safe bet that they'll be in What If? S3 as well.

I gotta say, outside of X-Men 97, not much on the animated side interests me. Just not all that hyped for the Spider-Man series or Marvel Zombies. Just meh to both, and I haven't watched What If S2 yet, so my S3 hype isn't there eithet.

I gotta say, outside of X-Men 97, not much on the animated side interests me. Just not all that hyped for the Spider-Man series or Marvel Zombies. Just meh to both, and I haven't watched What If S2 yet, so my S3 hype isn't there eithet.
What about the Eyes of Wakanda show?

What about the Eyes of Wakanda show?
I missed when the news broke about that one a few weeks ago. I remember they announced a Wakanda show for D+ way back but I think it was originally intended to be live action. I guess budget concerns shifted it to animation, which I suppose is better than being scrapped entirely.

I missed when the news broke about that one a few weeks ago. I remember they announced a Wakanda show for D+ way back but I think it was originally intended to be live action. I guess budget concerns shifted it to animation, which I suppose is better than being scrapped entirely.
That's true though it's possible it might have always been meant for animation. When it was first reported by the trades, I don't think it was ever specified one way or the other.

Last edited:
Marvel has never been known for their great animated series sadly and the good ones they deserved more.

Third season announcement already?... I haven't mustered any interest to watch the second season and here we are, Disney announcing an upcoming season for a Marvel show.

I decided to skip the 2nd season because I'm getting quite fatigue by the constant new material and this 3rd season announcement just added more to it. I don't think this is a nice move for Disney, since What if? story wise feels very Mcu adjacent viewing.

Third season announcement already?... I haven't mustered any interest to watch the second season and here we are, Disney announcing an upcoming season for a Marvel show.

I decided to skip the 2nd season because I'm getting quite fatigue by the constant new material and this 3rd season announcement just added more to it. I don't think this is a nice move for Disney, since What if? story wise feels very Mcu adjacent viewing.
Season 3 was announced at Comic Con 2022.

I've liked both seasons overall. They haven't been consistently good but given the recent live action stuff, definitely better take on their multiverse.

Season 3 teaser already out. So, I'm guessing at the end of 2024?

Season 3 teaser already out. So, I'm guessing at the end of 2024?

Wouldn't really call that a teaser. It's more of an excerpt. I would've thought they'd show Captain Carter instead. After all, the show tends to revolve around her.

Wouldn't really call that a teaser. It's more of an excerpt. I would've thought they'd show Captain Carter instead. After all, the show tends to revolve around her.
With Bucky involved, I'm confident a version of Carter will be there 😂

I think my biggest complaint about this season is just not using the MCU to its full use and consistently having variations of the same characters show up in episode after episode.

My assumption is this episode was intended for S2 but wasn't done, but far enough to use the clip to tease S3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"