Mattchew's WIP thread...

Doing a picture of Poison Ivy falling...

Again trying to do stuff thats a bit more dynamic with more depth.

Here's the sketch:

falling_ivy_01.jpg

Let me know what you think.​

Looks really good, I'd just watch the back of her thighs. They're looking a bit too meaty, especially when compared to her slim arms and waist.

Thanks for the comments...

As for her fat ass and thighs, I made her waist slightly bigger, but I kinda wanted it to be a bit too big.

falling_ivy_02.jpg

Obviously, still needs a lot of environmental work and she hasn't been shaded at all.

You need to do anim,ation

Or better said "Animation needs you"

Thanks KAD!

--------------------------------------------------

Doing a new pic... This one is another action scene.

Its of Rogue... She's kissing Magneto and using his powers to tear the head off of a Sentinel and also to trap Magento in the Sentinel's hand.

Here's the sketch...

mag_01.jpg

Let me know what you think.

i concur with kad. ever looked into flash cartoons or the like?

rogue/magneto/sentinel looks wicked!

Thanks Phig! Nope, on the Flash question, but maybe someday....

----------------------------

Update... Sentinel head...

mag_02.jpg

Another Update... Robots are hard.

mag_03.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for the comments...

As for her fat ass and thighs, I made her waist slightly bigger, but I kinda wanted it to be a bit too big.

falling_ivy_02.jpg

Obviously, still needs a lot of environmental work and she hasn't been shaded at all.

Fat ass thighs? God some people have no idea what fat is....I'd totally gnaw on those thighs if she didn't kill me.

Update on my Sentinel/Rogue/Magneto pic...

Here's a detailed sketch of Rogue for the pic...

mag_04.jpg

Hopefully I'll have some more time to work on this soon, but I've been kinda swamped.

Looking good

Csn't wait to see more

Thanks KAD!

--------------------------------------------------

Doing a new pic... This one is another action scene.

Its of Rogue... She's kissing Magneto and using his powers to tear the head off of a Sentinel and also to trap Magento in the Sentinel's hand.

Here's the sketch...

mag_01.jpg

This is a brilliantly composed piece, Matt. I can't wait to see where you take it.

Looking good
Csn't wait to see more

Thanks!

This is a brilliantly composed piece, Matt. I can't wait to see where you take it.

Thanks... actually worried about the composition, as there is a massive void in the upper right area... Not sure how I might fix that issue, but it might become less of a problem as I go on.

yeah, what he said
and what he said
:up::up:

Thanks!

Update...

Flat color Rogue...

mag_05.jpg

More maybe today or sunday.

Thanks!

Thanks... actually worried about the composition, as there is a massive void in the upper right area... Not sure how I might fix that issue, but it might become less of a problem as I go on.

Thanks!

Well. there is a simple fix. If you continue with that city scape background, just dull down the colors on the sentinel and strengthen the color on the sun. with the sentinel having a lot of detail, a weaker color will have the same amount of "weight" as a vibrant background, even though it might not be as large or intricate.

:D

Rogue is looking great! Although, Rogue taking apart a honkin' great Sentinel is a classic for a reason!...

... Just one thing, in my opinion the front knee and foot should be facing to the right. It works as it is, but looks a little bit unnatural.

Looking forward to the final piece! Cool work as ever.

Well. there is a simple fix. If you continue with that city scape background, just dull down the colors on the sentinel and strengthen the color on the sun. with the sentinel having a lot of detail, a weaker color will have the same amount of "weight" as a vibrant background, even though it might not be as large or intricate.

:D

Thanks for the idea... I guess that's gonna be my plan of attack... we'll see if it pans out.

register bump

Can't wait to see more of that Rogue.

update in a min

Rogue is looking great! Although, Rogue taking apart a honkin' great Sentinel is a classic for a reason!...

... Just one thing, in my opinion the front knee and foot should be facing to the right. It works as it is, but looks a little bit unnatural.

Looking forward to the final piece! Cool work as ever.

yeah... i see that... i didnt want it the other way cause I wanted some tension in her pose and the other way kept looking like tinkerbell, so i may have to just scrap the leg being straight and think of something else.

Update... here's magneto's top half... Rogue's hand is missing... I know.

mag_07.jpg

And here's an update on the whole... It is PAINFUL to look at those bright colors, but I'll deal with that in time.

mag_06.jpg

Thoughts?

Gettin psyched for the final

Update... some shading on the Sentinel...

mag_08.jpg

Not sure what's going on with the 'magnetic' power representation, but I think I'll worry about it once all the major pieces are shaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"