Mattchew's WIP thread...

Update... Lots of work...

Rogue shaded. Work on the look of the magnetic 'power'. Lots of playing around with casting blue light onto Rogue and the Sentinel, AND light bouncing back off of them... Magneto still not touched...

mag_09.jpg

More updates tomorrow for sure.

Love the magnetism of this piece (literally and not) Great job on the reflections and lighting!

Update... Lots of work...

Rogue shaded. Work on the look of the magnetic 'power'. Lots of playing around with casting blue light onto Rogue and the Sentinel, AND light bouncing back off of them... Magneto still not touched...

mag_09.jpg

More updates tomorrow for sure.​

Better and better.

Love the character in both magneto and rogue

But I my fav is def' the sentinal awesome

Thanks all!

Doing another realistic piece... Here are some early updates...

ladykb_01.jpg

ladykb_02.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Work in progress on a cartoon killer croc...

croc_01.jpg

More to come tomorrow.

looking good..............any chance of a ben reilly or scarlet spider peice :D????

when do you find the time to knock out all these awesome pieces Matt? i wish i had the time to even try

looking good..............any chance of a ben reilly or scarlet spider peice :D????

I was thinking of doing something spidey next, so maybe.

Very nice I especially like the weight of the hands

Thanks... you can check out the final in my fanart thread (linked in my sig)

when do you find the time to knock out all these awesome pieces Matt? i wish i had the time to even try

very nice of you to say! :)

little update on my croc pic...

croc_02.jpg

big update tomorrow.

Some more with some temp color...

croc_03.jpg

I'll finish this today, prob.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Finished it... check out the final in my fanart thread!

Stereotypes be damned, I'm just starting work on a picture of the Elphaba, the wicked witch of the west, from 'Wicked'/'The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz'.

I loved the 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' as a kid, and really enjoyed the book 'Wicked' by Gregory Maguire now that I'm older (if you enjoy the 'Oz' universe, its an interesting, adult, often political take on some of the events covered in the original book.

Enough of the book reviews.:whatever:

Anyway, here's early progress... I'm basing the look off of Idina Menzel who played Elphaba in the stage version of the book:

elphaba_01.jpg

Not really expecting my SSH peps to get all-to-excited at an Oz-themed picture, but if you have thoughts, do share. ;)

So I'm not coloring using the same method as normal...

Generally I color exclusively using the lasso tool in Photoshop with varying degrees of feather. This time, none of that... Strictly my graphics pad.

Anyway, here's my progress...

elphaba_02.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Update...

More base of the body added...

elphaba_03.jpg

Let me know what you think.

ANOTHER update...

Chest & Clothing texture:

elphaba_04.jpg

You're doing this in photoshop completely? Dude. I really like the dynamic shapes you created in the hat, hair and face. The shading is awesome, too, but the head looks disconnected from the body so far (probably from doing them seperately).

ANOTHER update...

Chest & Clothing texture:

elphaba_04.jpg

I've always enjoyed your style of coloring and felt it had extremely strong commercial potential, but I really do think this is one of your best images, even in it's early stages. The color is that much stronger and the fact that there are no clashing colors, makes the image just as eye pleasing as all of your other pieces. It also makes the figure more vivid and three dimensional. I would definitely like to see you tackle some more work with this style.

And the realistic piece looks great!

Yeah, this looks to be your most amazing piece. Your choices of color are always phantasmical. In the good way.

You're doing this in photoshop completely? Dude. I really like the dynamic shapes you created in the hat, hair and face. The shading is awesome, too, but the head looks disconnected from the body so far (probably from doing them seperately).

Yep... PS only. Thanks for the kind words... As for the head/body issue, if you could maybe qualify that and make a suggest how I might fix the prob I'd appreciate it! thanks!

I've always enjoyed your style of coloring and felt it had extremely strong commercial potential, but I really do think this is one of your best images, even in it's early stages. The color is that much stronger and the fact that there are no clashing colors, makes the image just as eye pleasing as all of your other pieces. It also makes the figure more vivid and three dimensional. I would definitely like to see you tackle some more work with this style.

And the realistic piece looks great!

But I like clashing colors! ;) Thanks for the kind words... First time using my graphics pad in this way so its slow going, but its really nice to know you're enjoying it so far.

Yeah, this looks to be your most amazing piece. Your choices of color are always phantasmical. In the good way.

thanks!

Update... So...

As I was saving my most recent update, Photoshop crashed. THANK GOD I just copied a flat version, full size. I was able to break it down into layers pretty easily, so I didn't lose the time I spent painting the arms and making some updates to the neck, dress, and hat.

Anyway, enough of the drama.

Here's the update with painted arms, and tweaks to the dress, hat, and neck...

elphaba_05.jpg

Up next... flying monkey!

Update... So...

As I was saving my most recent update, Photoshop crashed. THANK GOD I just copied a flat version, full size. I was able to break it down into layers pretty easily, so I didn't lose the time I spent painting the arms and making some updates to the neck, dress, and hat.

Anyway, enough of the drama.

Here's the update with painted arms, and tweaks to the dress, hat, and neck...

elphaba_05.jpg

Up next... flying monkey!​

This is really turning out nicely. I think you've really captured the elements of Elphaba's caring nature but you can still see on her face, especcially the smirk, her rebellious attitude. I love the play and I'm coincidentally about halfway through the book as we speak, so from me at least you get alot of props.

^nice... great book.

Update....

Some monkey updates...

elphaba_06.jpg

Still have work to do on the monkey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"