Mattchew's WIP thread...

Wow man, looks great! Can't wait to see it finished!

The red looks ok to me, it's very small anyways so I don't have any issues with it.

Wow, pretty amazing, id like to see a tutorial on how you color your drawings, cause its very impressive.

the drawing and flats look great, i'm REALLY excited to see how this one is going to turn out, and this...

The white rabbit gets a paint job...

WL_10.jpg

Let me know what you think.

the texture of the fur is sublime! not to mention his posture and expression!!

Progress on Alice...

I still have work on her nose, lips neck, etc, but the hair is done pretty much.

WL_11.jpg

^ thanks!

Here's more work on the head... a LOT of time spent between the last pic and this one. Worked on the nose, mouth, face around the eyes, and just shading on this skin in genreal.

WL_12.jpg

Just an idea but how about some eyeshadow or whatever its called above the eyes as well (or would that look like she got beat up and has two black-eyes?)

^ ;)

I took that into consideration. I actually put some very subtle eye shadow on and toned down the eyeliner and eye lashes.

Also in this update, the arms, headband, dress, legs and apron are more or less done.

WL_13.jpg

Still to go on Alice: hands....

Then all I have to do is paint the 4 other characters, the cards, and the background.

MAN, it's been a long time since I've posted...

I've been CRAZY busy with class during the week and the wedding circuit during the weekend. Had a chance for the first time in a while to work on my
'Wonderland' piece, so here's the update...

WL_14.jpg

Like with the full version of Alice posted previously, this is generally a final on the Cheshire Cat, except that there with be some soft shadows laid in at the end to tie everything into the environment.

Let me know what you think!

MAN, it's been a long time since I've posted...

I've been CRAZY busy with class during the week and the wedding circuit during the weekend. Had a chance for the first time in a while to work on my
'Wonderland' piece, so here's the update...

WL_14.jpg

Like with the full version of Alice posted previously, this is generally a final on the Cheshire Cat, except that there with be some soft shadows laid in at the end to tie everything into the environment.

Let me know what you think!
love the piece!!!

My only crit would be alice doesnt seem sad

That's one of the most believable renditions of the Cheshire Cat's smile I've ever seen. Good work

I think her pose would look a little more natural if you move her left arm in and bend it at the elbow so it rest on her lap more

Or you could move her right arm so she is touching the floor and supporting her.

I think they look a bit mismatched as they are.

Great job Mattchew!

Thanks!

That's one of the most believable renditions of the Cheshire Cat's smile I've ever seen. Good work

Thanks! I worked a lot on the look of the face, so I'm glad to like the smile!

Awesome work. I like the colouring.

I think her pose would look a little more natural if you move her left arm in and bend it at the elbow so it rest on her lap more

Or you could move her right arm so she is touching the floor and supporting her.

I think they look a bit mismatched as they are.

Yeah... The arms and hands are temps. Thanks for the comments, and welcome to the boards!

Update, this time on the caterpillar:

WL_15.jpg

Loving the latest piece. Love the muted tones and the olde timey look.
Im not really getting Alice's face though... maybe the expression, I'm not sure.

Well... after a long break and building a new computer I'm picking up work again on my 'Wonderland' picture.

At a certain point the file got too big to be workable on my old PC and my O.C.D would not allow me to flatten it, out of fear that I would want to make changes.

Anyway, here's some work on the Hatter's face:

WL_16.jpg

i like your style. thats quite the hatter you've got there. one thing that comes to mind for me atleast is that when i think of him i see him as kinda dirty, cause he's in the woods and all. so many some grime on his face or something stuck in his teeth. just a though. very nice work on the whole set so far.

thanks for the comment, kcs!

here's a bit more progress... the sleepy dormouse chewing on a Zoloft pill:

WL_17.jpg

More later.

where's that infamous Mattchew Halloween Costume Thread for 2008?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"