MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it was false, how can people believe a guy who start with "In the New York bars last night I heard"

Yeah Rich Johnston has officially jumped the shark and become the third member of the Fartcheese/Eh Maybe trinity. As if we didn't already realize that with the Perlmutter thing. Yeesh.

The best nickname for Rich is the Bleeding Fool. Because he is. :loco:

From Drew at HitFix:

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/marvel-is-indeed-still-releasing-inhumans-to-theaters-in-2019

The cancellation rumor is false, however there are some Inhumans characters off-limits to the AoS staff (probably the royal family).

Yeah, pretty much what I thought (and, frankly, thought to be obvious). Attilan and the royal family are off limits. The question is whether Soule's run is fair game. The introduction of Lash seems to suggest it is. But there have also been two characters who look similar to comic characters but are technically different. Gordon looks inspired by Reader, but his power isn't quite the same. Raina ultimately looked a bit like Naja (Naja was more green, but the spikey head, often in a hoodie is where the comparison comes from). I wonder if the differences mean the movies might still have plans.

It's pretty obvious that the prominent Inhumans were off the table. Heck it seems like most semi-prominent characters are off limits for that show. That they were able to get an Avenger like Mockingbird is nothing short of a miracle.

Well Mockingbird is basically another Black Widow when ya think about it. So it's not THAT much of a surprise.

I agree with Sharon Carter and Hawkeye having a wife, Mockingbird wasn't needed for the movies. If anything should would have been like Sitwell.

This guy has an agenda against Marvel/Feige.

I bet he's sore because he's based in NYC and since MS now reports directly to Disney, he lost a lot of his sources for MCU movie scoops (before that he did have some accurate movie scoops like Quicksilver dying in AoU and Falcon being in Ant-Man). So he's been putting out these "Feige is the REAL doink, not Perlmutter!!" articles since then.

And this one in particular just ignores all evidence to the contrary, like how Feige said recently that the movies will eventually reference the TV shows and the only major obstacle is timing (since it takes longer to make a movie than to make TV episodes). Also, in the press release yesterday announcing the new actors in Agent Carter season 2, Feige and some other MS people were still listed as executive producers along with the TV people...yeah, some "war". :whatever:

After this latest fiasco I'm not trusting any MCU-related rumor from Bleeding Cool ever again.

Last edited:
This rumor has just made me even more excited for the Inhumans movie lol

It's pretty obvious that the prominent Inhumans were off the table. Heck it seems like most semi-prominent characters are off limits for that show. That they were able to get an Avenger like Mockingbird is nothing short of a miracle.

Mockingbird was set aside for television some time ago (she had a show in development that never amounted to anything). That's probably the main reason she was available for AoS. Cloak & Dagger were also set aside for television around that time, and Agent Carter is supposedly using a take on the Darkforce in the upcoming season.

I'm excited to see that Marvel is squeezing in an Ant-Man sequel as I loved the first film and it has become one of my favorite MCU films. I also think they did the right move by moving up Black Panther a bit. I think that works better as a pre-IW film. It seemed awkward for it to be sandwiched between Parts 1 & 2 of that.

^I agree. But Antman 2 feels a little awkward as well. Perhaps it is set a little while before IW Part 1 despite being released two months later?

When Black Panther was set there, it felt just as weird. We'll have to see where IW1 ends, imo.

I originally thought it would be just Cap Marvel and Inhumans between the 2 IW films and they would be directly involved in the plot of those plots but not looking that likely now.

I originally thought it would be just Cap Marvel and Inhumans between the 2 IW films and they would be directly involved in the plot of those plots but not looking that likely now.
Ya I wish Inhumans and CM were the only ones between the IW films.

So I created an infographic that outlines the future of phase 3 and beyond. There are already a few of these online, but I'm not a fan of how they are laid out. Let me know if there is anything I missed.

Doing three films a year is going to be risky, especialy with all of them being high budgeted.

Mockingbird was set aside for television some time ago (she had a show in development that never amounted to anything). That's probably the main reason she was available for AoS. Cloak & Dagger were also set aside for television around that time, and Agent Carter is supposedly using a take on the Darkforce in the upcoming season.

I could totally be misremembering but I THINK AoS introduced the Dark Force already in Season 1. Maybe?

So I created an infographic that outlines the future of phase 3 and beyond. There are already a few of these online, but I'm not a fan of how they are laid out. Let me know if there is anything I missed.

Looks great, dig the minimalistic look -- only issue seems to be a typo where 2019 is written as 2018.

Looks great, dig the minimalistic look -- only issue seems to be a typo where 2019 is written as 2018.

Thanks for the heads up! I did it quickly so I figured there'd be a typo or two.

As pointed out you mixed up 2018/2019 a bit.

And I feel that the modern Star-Lord clashes a bit with all the other classic panels. Since you're using different stories and costumes (Captain Marvel) for the pictures, you could go with something more fitting with the rest maybe?

Either classic Star-Lord if you want to keep him
3485898-1332532161-Star_.jpg
3898522397_565f629ae4.jpg

Or you could pick other Guardians, like Drax and Gamora
Warlock_and_the_Infinity_Watch_Vol_1_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads