Supergirl Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl/Kara

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's a top trinity in female superheroes, it's WW, Supergirl, and Harley Quinn. All three are the most recognizable.

If there's a top trinity in female superheroes, it's WW, Supergirl, and Harley Quinn. All three are the most recognizable.

Catwoman is more recognisable than Harley Quinn. And both are anti heroes, with Harley Quinn barely being that, but more a villain.

18920430_1326641994110099_6405648149753392536_n.jpg

:ilv::ilv:

Don't forget Batgirl.

Yeah, I'd say in terms of actual heroes, it's Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Batgirl who are the big three in the DC universe. Not Harley Quinn.

Never let it be said Melissa doesn't bring her appetite. From her Instagram a picture of her paying a visit to what looks like a food truck late at night from filming last season. And when I say late at night I MEAN LATE AT NIGHT.

And check out what she is wearing...

18879384_217252362116069_5003035565763854336_n.jpg

And...THERE'S THAT :yay: :yay: SMILE :yay: :yay: AGAIN!

I've ordered pizza and takeout in the wee hours of the morning on more than a few occasions. Some people just get a case of the munchies at the strangest times.

Current queens of the DC Universe. From top left to bottom right.
Black Canary/Black Siren/Dinah Laurel Lance, Black Canary/White Canary/Sara Lance, Wonder Woman/Diana, Hawkgirl/Kendra Saunders
Speedy/Thea Queen, Supergirl/Kara Zor-El/Kara Danvers, Harley Quinn/Dr. Harleen Quinzel, Catwoman/Selina Kyle

COwIVjJUcAAvthH.png

Too bad we haven't had a live action Batgirl since that awful Batman & Robin movie. Heard Joss Whedon might direct a Batgirl movie though.

Current queens of the DC Universe. From top left to bottom right.
Black Canary/Black Siren/Dinah Laurel Lance, Black Canary/White Canary/Sara Lance, Wonder Woman/Diana, Hawkgirl/Kendra Saunders
Speedy/Thea Queen, Supergirl/Kara Zor-El/Kara Danvers, Harley Quinn/Dr. Harleen Quinzel, Catwoman/Selina Kyle

COwIVjJUcAAvthH.png

Too bad we haven't had a live action Batgirl since that awful Batman & Robin movie. Heard Joss Whedon might direct a Batgirl movie though.

Batgirl was also briefly in that equally as terrible Birds of Prey show from 2002.

194d909d53301c127555f3c5cbad3cc1.jpg

I liked Birds Of Prey.....it wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't that bad.

Batgirl was also briefly in that equally as terrible Birds of Prey show from 2002.

194d909d53301c127555f3c5cbad3cc1.jpg

The very definition of a forgettable show. Unfortunately they stuck with that horrible, insulting Killing Joke storyline, which was never meant to be canon when it was written, and confined Barbara to a wheelchair most the series.
While it's all well and good to see the disabled represented, it doesn't really make for an interesting action hero in a show that could have used a little more action. Even Arrow dropped that like a hot potato with Felicity.
So all we ended up getting was some badly choreographed Kung Fu scenes with Huntress. Barbara did have a nice costume though, when they got around to putting her in it.

I've ordered pizza and takeout in the wee hours of the morning on more than a few occasions. Some people just get a case of the munchies at the strangest times.

Hey whenever that time strikes, you gotta answer the call. I don't think anything like this ever happened to me. Maybe the closest was staying up all night after my graduation from high school 25 years ago this month (as he ages himself!)I might have felt something to have but nah.

18920430_1326641994110099_6405648149753392536_n.jpg

The two most :ilv::ilv::ilv:beautiful:ilv::ilv::ilv: superheroines to be on film (either big screen or small). And seeing videos of them in action, each can turn on the charm in their own way...and they have such great personalities.

Gal adds that extra factor with her accent and dare I say sexy voice; Melissa goes for the cute and cuddly, and of course she might even sing for you. Some on social media even call Melissa a puppy...because of said cute factor and well she likes puppies. One pic on Instagram I saw has a pic of her in her super suit smiling her cutest smile on one half and then on the other...a golden retriever puppy.

Both have AWESOME smiles as well. They make you fall in love with them...and they also love to laugh and get silly as well.

Oh to see Melissa and Gal on stage during some kind of event would be...WONDERFULLY SUPER!

The two most :ilv::ilv::ilv:beautiful:ilv::ilv::ilv: superheroines to be on film (either big screen or small). And seeing videos of them in action, each can turn on the charm in their own way...and they have such great personalities.

Gal adds that extra factor with her accent and dare I say sexy voice; Melissa goes for the cute and cuddly, and of course she might even sing for you. Some on social media even call Melissa a puppy...because of said cute factor and well she likes puppies. One pic on Instagram I saw has a pic of her in her super suit smiling her cutest smile on one half and then on the other...a golden retriever puppy.

Both have AWESOME smiles as well. They make you fall in love with them...and they also love to laugh and get silly as well.

Oh to see Melissa and Gal on stage during some kind of event would be...WONDERFULLY SUPER!

I agree 1000%!

Hey topher, welcome aboard as this was your first post. Well, to welcome you, I thought I would give ANOTHER reason why Melissa and Gal, at least the former is a beautiful superheroine. From Melissa's Instagram comes this BTS photo which dares to ask the question...what would we do without green screens and green screen...creatures?

sg and super duper awesome green screen man who makes all the magic happen

And...

18950244_319591305137788_3988313747826409472_n.jpg

THERE'S THAT SMILE AGAIN...(sigh)

Appreciate the warm welcome, Robert! To me, Melissa is the type of girl that can be a "guy's best-friend" girl and one where you take her to your parents and they say "Marry her tomorrow!" at the same time.

Since when is Harley a superhero?

Perhaps "anti-hero" is a more accurate title, but she's been moving away from villainy for years now. She was Power Girl's sidekick in their series, came to Superman's aid in Injustice, and now she's working with Batman in the upcoming animated film. Regardless of what side of the line that she's on, her popularity is continually astounding. In time where printed comics aren't selling all that well in general, this number is shocking:

Harley Quinn #1 Sells Over 400,000 Copies
Released yesterday, Harley Quinn Rebirth #1 hit the market to generally positive reviews and a reported advanced sales mark topping 400,000 issues, according to Bleeding Cool.

http://screenrant.com/harley-quinn-rebirth-comic-sales/

I wish Supergirl's comics sold like that.

While that's a great number, I don't think that is too surprising, in the sense that it was a #1 issue and was released during the hype for Suicide Squad.

The sales for subsequent issues are good, but more in line with a bunch of other popular titles.

Anyway, Harley Quinn is certainly riding a wave of popularity in recent years.

Appreciate the warm welcome, Robert! To me, Melissa is the type of girl that can be a "guy's best-friend" girl and one where you take her to your parents and they say "Marry her tomorrow!" at the same time.

You are more than welcome topher.

It was so awesome to see both Gal Gadot and Melissa Benoist together. I'd like to see some interactions between the DCU movie and TV actors.

^I believe that's the meeting Melissa was talking about in this video (at the 28:10 mark):

As it's from around that same time period.

So the photo with Gal and Melissa is an actual thing that happened?

I wasn't sure what was a manip of some kind and what wasn't :yay:

I need reliable corroboration or nothing I see online is real to me anymore :woot:

I think it IS photoshopped, but only because in the original picture, Ellen Degeneres was in between them. But they definitely did meet and did take a photo together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"