Supergirl Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl/Kara

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was so awesome to see both Gal Gadot and Melissa Benoist together. I'd like to see some interactions between the DCU movie and TV actors.

In real life or you mean on-screen? Because I think Iris and Caitlin were at the Wonder Woman premiere as well.

So the photo with Gal and Melissa is an actual thing that happened?

I wasn't sure what was a manip of some kind and what wasn't :yay:

I need reliable corroboration or nothing I see online is real to me anymore :woot:

The original is like this:

xzSNCdH.jpg

Compare with this:

18920430_1326641994110099_6405648149753392536_n.jpg

That's Ellen Degeneres's hand you see around Gal's waist, not Melissa Benoist's.

So the photo with Ellen is the real one, and that is a disembodied hand in the other image. Got it!

In real life or you mean on-screen? Because I think Iris and Caitlin were at the Wonder Woman premiere as well.

Real life.

Caity Lotz and Amy Pemberton were at the WW premiere as well.

You're right, they were. Or at least Candice was, not sure about Danielle Panabaker.

How long do you guys think the show would last? Melissa was really pretty as SG. The only thing bad about the show is probably the writing as well as...Mon-el

How long do you guys think the show would last? Melissa was really pretty as SG. The only thing bad about the show is probably the writing as well as...Mon-el

Most leads for these shows have signed a 7 year contract. Others like Chyler, Jeremy, etc. Probably anywhere from.3 to 5. Chris I have a feeling has a contract like theirs...Katie probably a 2 to 3 maybe.

Last edited:

Usually when a show gets to a 3rd season it gets a 4th and 5th season for syndication purposes and ratings start to matter less. For example Agents of SHIELD is one of ABC's lowest rated shows that wasn't cancelled last season, it's 4th season, and was also renewed this year for a 5th season when several show on ABC with higher ratings got cancelled. So I would say Supergirl gets at least a 5th season. I would say it is probably more how long Melissa Benoist wants to be Supergirl rather than how long the CW wants her to be Supergirl. I can't imagine Supergirl doing a Smallville, with a Supergirl almost 40 years old.

How about some Monday cuteness from the sisters Danvers to put a smile on your face? From Melissa's own Instagram she goes a little Led Zeppelin for her sister.

whole lotta 💓for @chy_leigh

Hope you caught the reference there.

19050666_762491440542660_7893657356083396608_n.jpg

:ilv::ilv::ilv: So cute! :ilv::ilv::ilv:

How about some Monday cuteness from the sisters Danvers to put a smile on your face? From Melissa's own Instagram she goes a little Led Zeppelin for her sister.

Hope you caught the reference there.

19050666_762491440542660_7893657356083396608_n.jpg

:ilv::ilv::ilv: So cute! :ilv::ilv::ilv:

Wow, sugar rush!!:woot:

... So I would say Supergirl gets at least a 5th season. I would say it is probably more how long Melissa Benoist wants to be Supergirl rather than how long the CW wants her to be Supergirl. I can't imagine Supergirl doing a Smallville, with a Supergirl almost 40 years old.

And even if Benoist did decide to leave at some point and CW wanted to keep the show, there are an infinite number of Earths from which to get a new Supergirl, maybe even Matrix Supergirl.

Of course it wouldn't be the same actress, but that's happened before.

Wow, sugar rush!!:woot:

And even if Benoist did decide to leave at some point and CW wanted to keep the show, there are an infinite number of Earths from which to get a new Supergirl, maybe even Matrix Supergirl.

If she signed the same type of contract as Amell, she has a 7 year contract.

For me, if it's not Benoist, its not worth it. :)

If she signed the same type of contract as Amell, she has a 7 year contract.

For me, if it's not Benoist, its not worth it. :)

If done right. That's the big thing. It would have to be done in such a way that was respectful of the show, had great intent and meaning to the series - and also brought on an actress with at least the same level of appeal as Benoist.

If that ever happened, with this discussion being all academic of course, then it would be best to go younger with the new actress, and I mean high school young. It could be explained as Supergirl undergoing a forced age-regression, if not going with an alternate Earth version. That would engender sympathy for the 'new' character that would help in a transition.

Again though, topic out of nowhere...:cwink:

Then the show would have to go in a totally different direction.

Well in the Super realm of things, if you remember Superboy (syndication--1988-1992) two guys played the title character; John Haymes Newton and Gerard Christopher with the latter far more familiar to fans of the show. BUT...there was a reason for the switch. At least according to Wikipedia...

The producers of the show were not enamored of Newton's portrayal of Superboy. This, combined with a demand for a 20% raise by the actor and his well-publicized DUI arrest resulted in his removal from the show

On the other hand it could be injury leading to a cast switch. The mid 1970's CBS Live Action show SHAZAM had Jackson Bostwick and John Davey play Captain Marvel. Apparently Bostwick was doing a stunt for the show when he suffered an injury. And in an interview for a fansite, Bostwick explained how things turned legal against Filmation.

Tell us a little bit about your abrupt dismissal from Shazam! during production of the second season.

JB: I was wrongly accused of, as Filmation insinuated, not reporting to work one morning with the intention of trying to hold up production because I was holding out for more money. Baloney! I was at the doctor's office having my face and eye examined for an injury that I incurred doing a stunt on the previous day (during the filming of a flying takeoff sequence where the stunt boxes hadn't been reset properly).

I couldn't have filmed that day as Captain Marvel, anyway - I had this huge "mouse" under my right eye. The Screen Actors Guild arbitrated, Filmation lost, and had to pay me for all of the shows they had me set to do, plus residuals (Bostwick, incidentally, had 8mm home movie footage of the accident which made for very compelling evidence in the arbitration hearing), but the capper ... John Davey was, willy nilly, thrown into the part! The whole thing was sad and stupid.

[When I was fired, their attitude] was, "Fire him! The kids'll never know the difference..." And they did [fire me]... but they (the kids) did [knew the difference].

Of course SHAZAM was a Saturday morning kids show as I said seen on CBS (1974-76; and in reruns in 1980).

Kel to your point...

if it's not Benoist, its not worth it.

Of course could we imagine at least for TV Lynda Carter NOT being Wonder Woman or the recently deceased Adam West not be Batman (Rest In Peace, OLD CHUM! :csad::csad::csad:)?

Last edited:
Usually when a show gets to a 3rd season it gets a 4th and 5th season for syndication purposes and ratings start to matter less. For example Agents of SHIELD is one of ABC's lowest rated shows that wasn't cancelled last season, it's 4th season, and was also renewed this year for a 5th season when several show on ABC with higher ratings got cancelled. So I would say Supergirl gets at least a 5th season. I would say it is probably more how long Melissa Benoist wants to be Supergirl rather than how long the CW wants her to be Supergirl. I can't imagine Supergirl doing a Smallville, with a Supergirl almost 40 years old.

I do wonder if they will age her up in real time on the show and maybe by season 6 or 7 she will start acting more mature as the years go by.

I do wonder if they will age her up in real time on the show and maybe by season 6 or 7 she will start acting more mature as the years go by.

The show is called Supergirl. And Superman said Kryptonians age at a slower rate. So what reason would they have to "age her up"?

Melissa should star in a romantic comedy movie when she's not working on Supergirl - eg on her summer break.

Melissa should star in a romantic comedy movie when she's not working on Supergirl - eg on her summer break.

Melissa is starring in "Waco", about the Branch Davidian religious sect that had a disastrous encounter with the FBI. "Waco" is a six-part television series that will be part of Paramount Network’s inaugural lineup to premiere inJanuary 2018.
She is playing Rachel Koresh, the legal wife of Branch Davidian leader David Koresh. I guess that could be considered romantic sans the comedy aspect.
And Melissa was in "Patriot's Day" where she played Katherine Russell, the wife of the Boston Marathon terrorist bomber Tamerlan Tsaraev. So again sort of a romantic role sans the comedy.

Melissa is starring in "Waco", about the Branch Davidian religious sect that had a disastrous encounter with the FBI. "Waco" is a six-part television series that will be part of Paramount Network�s inaugural lineup to premiere inJanuary 2018.
She is playing Rachel Koresh, the legal wife of Branch Davidian leader David Koresh. I guess that could be considered romantic sans the comedy aspect.
And Melissa was in "Patriot's Day" where she played Katherine Russell, the wife of the Boston Marathon terrorist bomber Tamerlan Tsaraev. So again sort of a romantic role sans the comedy.

Yeah, but comedy is an important part of romantic comedy. These are dramas and probably quite serious. I want to see Melissa in a lighthearted film that could play in theatres over the summer. I'm sure it would be similar to her role as Kara, but that would still be fun with a different group of people and different dynamic.

Yeah, but comedy is an important part of romantic comedy. These are dramas and probably quite serious. I want to see Melissa in a lighthearted film that could play in theatres over the summer. I'm sure it would be similar to her role as Kara, but that would still be fun with a different group of people and different dynamic.

I think "Sundogs" will fall into that category a little....

I guess Melissa doesn't want to get typecast as sunny Kara Danvers. She wants to show off her acting chops.

Well, I'm huge fan of Benoist as Supergirl.

I plan to check out her other work, though I haven't really had time to do that yet. But I will get around to it.

Hi all, very cool, very vast forum here...puts other forums I belong to on other subjects to shame.

Back OT, IMO Melissa is the best superhero casting after the King himself, Chris Reeve 1978.

I'd probably put Hugh Jackman third as Wolverine, and Downey Jr as Ironman #4th, with Hemsworth/Thor and Chris Evans/Captain America tied for 5th. All are excellent and convincing.

The series is great, binge watched them again on netflix this past two weeks (yes, all 42 of them!), and am looking forward to season 3. October can't get here soon enough.

I think she is doing a smart thing taking on broader roles like a homeless runaway in one movie, the Boston bombing movie role, etc. Last thing she should want to happen would be becoming the next Leonard Nimoy - so perfectly cast that they can't escape the role.

Not to go off topic, but go see Wonder Woman. I think you may want to add to your collection of perfect castings with Gal Gadot. Chris Pine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"