Movie Stuff You Only Now Just Realized - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its never fully coalesced inside my brain until just now, but Colin Clive's performance as Victor Frankenstein has to be one of my favorite performances of all time.

He manages to harness just the proper amount of over the top camp while maintaining a seriousness that truly makes him seem very believably and very obviously crazy.

Henry Frankenstein ;)

"That body is not dead. I have yet to give it life."

Oh yeah. Why did they change that anyway?

Agent Coulson is the boss in 500 Days of Summer

Who knows? I think they swapped characters' names around in Dracula, too. The 1930's were a crazy time, I guess. Although, it's not as bad as Edward Van Sloan going from Van Helsing to Von Helsing in Dracula's Daughter. What the hell is all that about? haha

I was just watching Remo Williams and just realized that Carl Winslow is an ambulance driver there :)

Flash Gordon and John Carter has the exact same climax. The hero has to stop a wedding between his love interest and the main villain, using the help of an alien race. They even both crash a spaceship through a window to stop the wedding!

Jack's Joker is the only theatrical Joker who doesn't get involved with another super villain.

66 Batman was shown in a movie theater so Romero is out

Who knows? I think they swapped characters' names around in Dracula, too. The 1930's were a crazy time, I guess. Although, it's not as bad as Edward Van Sloan going from Van Helsing to Von Helsing in Dracula's Daughter. What the hell is all that about? haha
I always found Dracula's Daughter to be one of the better kinda crappy sequels.

So was Glenn Danzig!:woot:
That's a bit getting carried away unless you were a regular reader of Wizard magazine which is the only place I read about Glenn in their section of casting calls.

I mean as early as '91 when James Cameron was hot off Terminator 2 rumors were cirulating that Michael Biehn was a shoe in for Cyclops.

I just realized that Robert Eddison, the actor who portrayed the Grail Knight in Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade died a mere 2 years later after the release of the movie. :csad: RIP

Clark Gregg was on the final two episodes of "Sports Night".

Bill Hader voiced the computer in STID. The one that Khan tells to crash the ship at StarFleet Headquarters.

He was also the video game announcer voice in Scott pilgrim versus the world.

The director of The Sound of Music is the director for Star Trek The Motion Picture

The director of The Sound of Music is the director for Star Trek The Motion Picture

Also The Day the Earth Stood Still. And West Side Story. And The Haunting.

He also edited Citizen Kane.

Seriously it is ridiculous the number of things Robert Wise had a hand in and how many of them are individually considered great works.

And yet, you rarely see Robert Wise show up on list and discussions of great filmmakers. I guess its because the things he made were so disparate from one another they don't really coalesce into an identifiable body of work. It's a particular example of why I feel "auteur" theory is a lot of bunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"