Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Baramos

Baramos Well-Known Member

Well a red, blue, and yellow costume is hardly the same as Black Widow's...

2. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

Yeah,but I doubt they would seriously consider making her movie costume that colorful.Just look at what they did to Hawkeye.....

3. <(o_o)>

<(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

Would love to see a blonde Evangeline Lilly as Ms. Marvel.:hrt:

4. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I just want her in The Avengers :o

5. Panthro

Panthro Team Language

They'll probably darken the color scheme, that's what they usually do.

I have to admit that space helmet/mask is starting to grow on me.

6. Joeyjojo72

Joeyjojo72 Well-Known Member

Nobody knows what the Captain Marvel or Ms. Marvel costume looks like so they can pretty much start from scratch. i hope they stick with a similar color scheme though.

7. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

That's probably true.

8. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Well-Known Member

the outfit must be sexy, no excuses! she's a woman, not a robot!
    (strangely, the hordes of male-fandom rarely peep about Wonder Woman's thigh-hugging shorts that she's had for decades; but I suppose since she's the "mom" of all lady-heroes, she gets to be the exception.. while everyone else who shows bare arms or more gets to be called 'hooker-lite', or just plain hooker.. lol..)

9. Floppity

Floppity Yeah B**** Magnets!

LOL whats your beef with Yvonne being suggested by posters for Ms. Marvel? Just wondering.

10. Baramos

Baramos Well-Known Member

Hawkeye was the only one, though. I mean Captain America is wearing an American flag, none of the other ones are toned down in their colorfulness. I don't think they'd put her in a black jumpsuit, that wouldn't fit in with what they've done...anyway, is the goal to make this part of the Avengers or would it be its own thing? Not every Marvel movie is going to tie into the Avengers...well, if they do it will feel forced. Like the DD reboot, if they make that, if they tie it into the Avengers I will just start questioning why.

11. DarkSovereignty

DarkSovereignty Ooga Chakka

ummm... to my knowledge NOBODY wants wonder woman to wear the star spangled panties if they ever made a film because it would make her look ridiculous. we're suppose to be taking these characters seriously not fapping to them in the theater, you'd think pee wee herman and fred willard would have been example enough.

12. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Just go with the Ultimate Mar-Vell look for both. None of the other heroes are wearing white, whereas most of the other major color groups are covered

13. Human Torch

The thing is,Captain America is an icon,Iron Man is an icon,etc.Ms/Captain Marvel falls into the same catagory as Hawkeye.The public at large isn't as aware of them,so they feel they can "normalize" their costumes into something not so flashy.

Ms Marvel better have the Black swimsuit costume or I'll......!!!!!!:argh:

14. Panthro

Panthro Team Language

I'd like to see the Black swimsuit costume used in the film as well, but sadly I have a feeling they'll go with her current Capt. Marvel suit or some variation on it.

15. Human Torch

And sadly,I think you're right.:waa:

But,I think they'll have some kind of twist on it.Probably black and sleeveless,but no knee boots.

I'm guessing her movie costume would be not unlike Elektra's in Daredevil.

16. Panthro

Panthro Team Language

Meh, I don't think I'd want that either.

17. DrCosmic

If you wanna reopen this argument reopen it right:

Thigh high boots are exclusively for advertising sex. List any real life exceptions.

I'll wait.

Boom! Exactly.
    The people that want the panties are usually the people who don't give a care who plays Wondy as long as she's hot.

And that's Ultimate Mar-Vell suit is sooo awesome. It's not funny, the white and a touch of green and the black undersuit obscuring the features. It's just a really, really great costume, and a great throwback to his first costume. Definitely would have her stand out, look awesome, look distinct.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

I keep saying that the Ms Marvel suit can look outlandish as that's literally what it is or an homage to one anyways. It's based on an aliens suit whichever one you deside to go with. The Hawkeye argument is irrelevent here as there is no point whatsoever for a SHIELD opperative to be wearing a colorful suit. In Ms.Marvel's case you can. All the colorful suits in the MCU to this point have their reasoning that make sense for each particular character.

19. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Iron Man was wearing the recent Granov redesign, Thor's costume was heavily influenced by the Coipel redesign, Cap's suit was heavily Ultimates-inspired, Hawkeye's outfit was an exact translation of the Ultimates uni

People can say that the big four are icons where Hawkeye isn't but the fact is that all of the characters' outfits were based on modern redesigns more than the classics

20. Ultra Nolanite

Ultra Nolanite Well-Known Member

Hey if Silk Spectre II got away with it...

In regard to Ms. Marvel, why not show some leg ?

You gonna be a Joss Whedon or a Joss Whedon't.

OK, that sounded better in my head.

21. DrCosmic

Elektra... Watchmen... not good standards of success... or being taken seriously for that matter.

22. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

Really? I thought the costumes in Watchmen were well received. I sure didn't read any criticisms of the costumes when it came to that movie. The all around depressing tone and self importance of the subject matter were really what people criticized about the movie. Hardly the costumes.

23. DrCosmic

They were well received by fans, definitely, no one else, afaik. They flowed out of the tone and self importance, so there couldn't be any separate criticism of the costumes. Silk Spectre (both of them) was a character entirely defined and valued by sex, so there's no reason to criticize her symbolizing herself with an advertisement for sex. It would be weird if she didn't. So you can't criticize the costume for telling the story, you just criticize the story as depressing.

Now what some are talking about, a costume that has nothing to do with the story, that would definitely garner separate criticism. That's why I say Watchmen is a bad template, because you don't want to pay the price they paid to earn that costume.

24. Ultra Nolanite

Ultra Nolanite Well-Known Member

Exactly, help me understand what you're saying here Dr. Cosmic ?

That Daredevil failed because Elektra DIDN'T dress like a **** and that Watchmen failed because Silk Spectre II DID dress like a **** ?

In both movies the costumes are hardly why they failed. Atleast I've never come across anyone who said: "Watchmen was cool but too bad Silk Spectre looked the way she did"

It's a comicbook movie and plenty people took Watchmen seriously. Even more so than a lot of other CBM's out there.

Having said that, I don't expect Ms. Marvel to be in swimwear, no. But I wouldn't be offended if they tried something like the comics, it's all in the writing. If you can have a movie where a woman walks around in provocative swimwear and people come out of the theatre feeling depressed it HAS to be in the writing.

EDIT: Ah OK, I read your new post. I understand your point. Forget what I said.

25. spideymouse

spideymouse Well-Known Member

Agreed. The costumes in Watchmen were fantastic. When they released the pictures, it got me pretty excited about the movie, especially when they were adapting a graphic novel in which the visuals were very important to get right.

Anyway, with Ms. Marvel, we'll see what happens. Some people have been putting this thread down because it's about a movie that hasn't been announced and has rarely been mentioned in interviews and may not happen for a while, but I don't think that should or will stop the discussion. I mean, it just got its first continuation thread. I'm all for Marvel Studios taking the chance to make a good female superhero movie.