Next Assassin's Creed Game Reportedly Set During The Viking Age

Here's the so called "Gameplay" trailer (only not really gameplay footage, but more like cutscene/cinematic footage).... also, it's once again focused on the male version of the character (is it too much to ask to see more of the female version in the marketing?!)

30k dislikes, I've added to that. What a ****ing pointless waste of time.

I hope the "talking scenes" don't look very samey especially in side quests.

I want a smaller map. But I'm wondering how big or small the map of Norway is. I don't really want another Ac game set in the UK, because that country already had its own Ac game (Syndicate). And I'm sensing there will be more things to explore in the UK. Like its cool that they are featuring the Stonehenge, but I want to explore Ac's version of Norway.
Syndicate was set in the 19th century UK. That's a different world entirely from Viking age england. The two arent even comparable. England as a concept barely even existed back then and the Norman's hadn't even invaded yet and the Magna Carta was centuries in the future.

Whether its a different era or not, its still set in the UK. And personally, I want Assassin's Creed to feature a new country as the main location/map in every new game.

England of that era will be featured but Norway will likely be the main or at least major part of the story. As Marvolo said, that England us a whole different country anyway.

When not doing missions, just mainly explore Norway like I will

I think that was the biggest letdown of the show. Not only was it positioned as the final game to show, aka the Main Event, it was also specifically singled out the week before as a showcase of gameplay.

Some of the other trailers (like Bright Memory, Scarlet Nexus, and Chorus) showed more "gameplay" than Valhalla.

For being released around the 2020 holiday season, it has to be pretty much a complete game. Why they didn't just go with a nice 10 minute gameplay walkthrough is beyond me.

We're hyped and want to see more, so show us more you bunch of morons.

what MS should have done during the event was show the trailers like they did in the 1st half of the event, and then in the 2nd half while talking with the devs, show actual gameplay footage from the games. with the devs also talking about the benefits of their games on Series X.

so, while they were talking with the AC dev, that's when they should have showed actual gameplay of Eivor (both male and female versions) in action. Same with the other games.

Yeah they should have but eh whatever, not much of a big deal when there will be plenty of actual gameplay footage and screenshots along with info before the game is released.

I don't need a whole lot NOW

Well that's interesting. Didn't even know about that being a thing back then. I don't remember it happening on The Last Kingdom or Vikings

For being released around the 2020 holiday season, it has to be pretty much a complete game. Why they didn't just go with a nice 10 minute gameplay walkthrough is beyond me.

We're hyped and want to see more, so show us more you bunch of morons.
Yeah especially they had a gameplay video ready for Watch Dogs Legion when it was announced. Hopefully this would show up in ps5's event this week.

Showing gameplay is crucial. CGI trailers only count when I’ve seen what the gameplay looks like.

Whether its a different era or not, its still set in the UK. And personally, I want Assassin's Creed to feature a new country as the main location/map in every new game.
The Vikings raided all over the world, including England, France, Asia, and even North America, so the trailer may only be showing a small part of the story for you to explore.

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed to only be England and Norway but there will probably be dlc story expansions of new maps

30 minutes of gameplay has leaked!

Cool but so have you seen it? Any link?
I don't know if the rule of "don't post links to bootleg movie trailers" applies to video games as well, so I'll PM you instead.

I don't know if the rule of "don't post links to bootleg movie trailers" applies to video games as well, so I'll PM you instead.

I liked what I saw!

I have only watched like 3 minutes of low-res videos and I think it looks great. Can't wait to play this soon.

Saw a bit of the leaked gameplay. It's kind of hard to judge based on the low-res quality of the video. The environments looked nice but the character models and animation still seemed a bit iffy?

Was good to see them showing off female Eivor. Frankly, this is the type of gameplay they should have shown during the May Xbox event. Not 30 minutes, of course, but at least a good 5-10 minutes of this with dev commentary. If they had just done that, I don't think that May event would have gotten so much backlash as it did.

The animation or character models look fine to me but maybe it's the footage quality or could be an early build

The characters models don't look finished yet, so I'm assuming this was recorded before they finished the cutscenes/talking scenes (they might be still working on it). Also all of the leaked videos I've seen were either nighttime and sundown. It should look better and clearer in daytime.

Idk why Ubi is being so cagey about gameplay footage. Just show the ****ing game already. If they arent ready to show something 4 months from release then that's a big red flag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"