Next Assassin's Creed Game Reportedly Set During The Viking Age

I took a quick look but then decided to rather wait for official material.
Looked way to unfinished, i dont want that to be my first impression of the gameplay.

Yeah i dont get why game developers/publishers are still hiding games so much.
Dont see anything wrong with small clips etc constantly, behind the scenes looks, concept arts and so to keep hype going.

Even the social media account of AC haven't posted for weeks now. It does seem a bit weird. Get your ***! together Ubisoft. I need this, this year.

Well Ubisoft has now more important things to do first I reckon (sexual harassment).

The producer of Valhalla recently left the project.

Truth be told they are probably trying to decide if they want to delay the game.

Well Ubisoft has now more important things to do first I reckon (sexual harassment).

The producer of Valhalla recently left the project.

Is he being accused?

Is he being accused?
His case is about infidelity but has gone in a leave of absence last time I checked.

He deleted his Twitter, though.

They have been working for this for over 2 years and a half. I hope they don't delay this.

If they do it will be because of COVID, and not because of any development issues.
Yeah, though it'd be really weird if Ubisoft doesn't really anything later this year, and I want one more Ac game for the ps4. The game being delayed to next year might hinder that.

I don't remember anything they've released this year, the others were delayed or still dateless.

I thought Valhalla was scheduled for this year? There hasn't been any rumors of a delay so I don’t know what you're all on about

It is announced to be released for this year but Ubisoft has yet to release gameplay videos.

Good thing, there's an Ubisoft event next week, so I'm hoping for an October release date.

Yeah, though it'd be really weird if Ubisoft doesn't really anything later this year, and I want one more Ac game for the ps4. The game being delayed to next year might hinder that.

I don't remember anything they've released this year, the others were delayed or still dateless.

Sony requires all PS5 games to work on PS4, and afaik Ubi isnt releasing separate versions of this for PS4 and PS5. There will only be one retail version that can play at downgraded quality on PS4 and at full quality on PS5. So regardless of a delay you'll be able to play this on PS4 whenever it comes out.

It is announced to be released for this year but Ubisoft has yet to release gameplay videos.

Good thing, there's an Ubisoft event next week, so I'm hoping for an October release date.
The trailers have said Holiday 2020 which means either November or December (Thanksgiving or Christmas months).

They'll release official gameplay soon enough release the game by the end of the year

Boss fight gameplay has leaked.

Along with Watch Dogs Legion, Im picking this up during its launch month. The talking animation doesn't look better from the leaks, but the gameplay looks engaging and it looks like they added a lot of new features. Raiding is probably my most anticipated feature. Finally I can ambush a camp and it isn't just me doing the work.

I hope this and Legion get great reviews. Though I don't eXpect much from the story.

They've upped the gore quite a bit in this game with decapitation and limbs being hacked off.

The "daughters" remind me a lot of the Valkyries in God ofWar.

I think the locations look great. It looks different from Odyssey and we are not really in Greece anymore.

Though I don't get why skills/abilities are separated in the menu?

To be honest, the more I see of this game, the less excited I am for it.

Ghost of Tsushima is more of an Assassin's Creed game than Valhalla. :hehe:

I'm still looking forward to this, but its upsetting that Ubi is continuing to put so little emphasis on stealth and assassination. It could be justified in Odyssey because the Assassin Order didnt exist. It could be justified in Origins because that was the beginning of the Order. But by the time period of Valhalla the assassin's should be fully functional and thriving. The Order, its mission, and its members should be the focus again. Not roleplaying as a viking raider.

Ubi needs to put their RPG hopes and dreams into a new IP, and let Assassin's Creed get back to being a game about assassins.

I'm still interested and looking forward to it but I'm not as hyped as I thought I would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"