Nightmare On Elm Street (2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corny line from the movie or Freddy?
From Freddy himself. I remember in the movie Englund as Freddy on the talk show was the cliche the character had become, but Freddy from the dreamworld was much darker and serious.

~†~§iX~†~;18993986 said:
From Freddy himself. I remember in the movie Englund as Freddy on the talk show was the cliche the character had become, but Freddy from the dreamworld was much darker and serious.

"Pick a pet for the rugrat!"

"Hey, ever play, skin the cat!?"

"Hey piggy, got some gingerbread for ya!"

Freddy always had one liners.

I know there were one liners, but I don't remember them being delivered as tongue in cheek as the 80s movies and tv series. Still, it has been a while since I saw it.

It's odd, because everyone on the movie said it was a really dark Freddy and made it out to be something like...well what Jackie did.

Really, he was darker than he was in movies like 3, 4, 5 and 6, but it wasn't THAT intense. He was still pretty funny, and shown ALOT in light. I hardly remember him being in shadow during the film and I've seen it alot. The "Pick a pet for the rugrat, b****!" was the best line haha. He was a bit more sinister and didn't screw around as much, but he wasn't haunting a collection kids' dreams in that movie. It was a pretty linear cast that he had to mess with, which makes the movie unique.

Freddy was darkest in the first and second movies, and the remake.

I don't know if you guys have heard but universal studios theme parks in LA is going to have a Halloween attraction based on the new elm st remake movie and on the Friday the 13th movie. From what I read its going to be a maze of sorts with set pieces from the movie. You walk through and Freddy will follow you around. I know for sure they are going to have the boiler room set for people to walk through. The Friday the 13th one is made like the forest of camp crystal lake. That will have actors getting killed by jason. It will show all the kills from the 2009 remake and have fake blood splatter quest. It sounds cool to me lol.

Link from ign http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1122900p1.html

Just an aside...

The new ANOES animatronic that is being sold at Spirit stores is pretty rad. It says a lot more than the average animatronic, and looks pretty darn good.

Meanwhile, their Pinhead is pretty lame, being based on the Bloodlines movie, so he doesnt say most of his classic lines.

I've seen the Freddy on Youtube. It doesn't look bad. The clothes are baggy, and the eyes need more detailing.

But the robotic movements are stupid looking, and while the lines are great, why they have him coughing or hacking after "Here I come" is beyond me. It sounds like they just took the part from the movie after he says the line, when the camera zooms up to him making a loud noise, and then Kris wakes up.

Here's a video making fun of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv0nx1KOKIQ

Well, I finally saw the remake. It was hit and miss for me. I liked Freddy a lot, I liked the new back story and unfolding mystery, but I feel something was lost in the mythology of Freddy and his powers over the dream world. Nancy was disappointing, and I feel this movie would have been much stronger with more charismatic and engaging teenage leads.

Keep in mind that none of the animatronics are worth the price. The Freddy one is about as good as they get though. The addition of the noise after that line is needless though...but of course his movements are lame...no one actually thinks they are going to make an animatronic that moves like a real person for only 300 bucks, do they?

I saw the new Freddy animatronic in my local Spirit Halloween story. It's pretty damn cool, but i wouldn't spend $300.00 on it.

the home release hits tomorrow. I have to work all day, so Ill probably grab my copy Wednesday.

I can't decide if I should just get the regular DVD, or the Blu-Ray since it has one too. I had no desire to get a Blu-Ray player, but with the Star Wars saga coming next year, i'll be getting one sooner rather than later.

I got the DVD at midnight (2 hours ago now). It's pretty...bland sadly.

The case is nice and all, but the menu is the picture in my avatar up close and still, with the opening title score playing. "Play Movie" "Scene Selection (not very many)" "Freddy Reborn" and "Languages" are at the bottom.

The Freddy Reborn feature is about 13 minutes long, and it is really good. I just wish we had more than that. There are alot of shots of Haley in the makeup on set, with good lighting. It looks great.

Finally finished this last night. Excuse the quality, I don't have a scanner so I had to take a picture.

freddy_krueger___by_jbot.jpg

Awesome dude!

I haven't drawn a picture in forever.

I just saw the alternate ending. ^

Pretty much, it starts out the same in the bedroom. Freddy says "Look what you did to me!" Then she cries some more, and he goes "Don't be afraid. I can make it like was." and pulls his hat off in front of his face, then becomes Jackie, then says "just the way you liked it". He stabs her in the shoulder and it flashes between worlds (the placement of the objects are great between flashes). Alot of his lines are the same thing pretty much, he sounds more like Rorschach instead of Freddy.

She wakes up with the adrenaline and pushes him off her. He laughs and says "Clever little girl. You pulled me out. You think you can hurt me? You can't hurt me!" and knocks her down. She grabs a bat and hits his hand and knocks his glove off (which makes no sense really) and then beats the living **** out of him with it. Then he falls to the ground and knocks the lamp over from earlier and his legs catch on fire. Then she says "I remember what you did to me" as she hits him more with the bat as he crawls trying to put out the fire. Then she mirrors what he says earlier and says "look at me. Look at me!" he looks at her, all pathetic and beaten, and she says "look what you did to me!" with tears in her eyes. Then he starts laughing with blood in his mouth and says "you're still my little Nancy" and she says "I'm your grown-up now" and hits some gas cans, lighting him on fire and he screams and runs around for a second.

Jackie gives a great performance. This is one thing I wanted to see. Him, not burned, being scary. We saw the playful side, now he's pissed. He is a creepy little ****.
Of course, some of the effects aren't finished, and the editing isn't as good or finished as the original.
But Rooney, wow. What a badass she becomes. I like the way he dies here better. When she's saying "look what you did to me!" I truly felt bad for her, knowing she was molested etc. The music is great too, and can be heard on "Like It Used To Be" from the score.

Ending=great
Alternate ending=great, but the other one is better overall

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member