Nightmare On Elm Street (2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it would be harder to make Amittyvile in the 90's and the same with TCM.
freddy can work in every time IMO.

i just hope that the remake wont have 705 of teenager cliches in the movie. this is something i have a problem with the new jason movie.

You couldn't set Amittyville Horror in modern times anyhow. It's based off a true story (though the actual events were a lot less interesting).

At this point, that still remains purely a rumor.

Actually, it's not even a rumor. Robert England was just talking BS to some interviewer and through Billy's name out there. I'm sure England would like him to play Freddy, but in no way shape or form is BT going to be the next Freddy. The producers have already commented that Billy Bob won't be Kruger.

Actually, it's not even a rumor. Robert England was just talking BS to some interviewer and through Billy's name out there. I'm sure England would like him to play Freddy, but in no way shape or form is BT going to be the next Freddy. The producers have already commented that Billy Bob won't be Kruger.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ok I just want to chime in with my two cents here & speak as someone who was born watching ANOES & is obsessed with the franchise almost as much as I am with Superman. I love Englund as much as anyone who follows ANOES & without him I'd never watch the sequels outside of 2. Englund made that role & should always be credited as such but for the love of god ppl, WHY!!, oh WHY!!, would you want a near 70 yr old guy playing Freddy anymore?. I don't care if casting Englund meant I'd get 1,000 dollars tomorrow, it still wouldn't change the fact that you'd have a fat, wrinkly, arthridic freddy. It was bad enough watching Englund in Freddy V's Jason with his podgy belly hangin out that red sweater. It's time to say goodbye & move on, it's life. ppl get old, they can't play certain roles anymore because of it & so others take over to give thier own spin on it. Don't be so closed minded as to think that anyone but Englund could do Freddy justice. Also this movie is no really a remake but a reinvention as the producers have mentioned amny times that they'd like to go back before NOES 1 & explore some of freddy's early days before he died, kinda like RZ's Halloween, only I hope they do it a bit better. Anyway that's all i have to say.

Steve

Agree'd MAN O STEEL. Englund's great, but past his prime to be Freddy. He's only 61 though, but far too old to be Freddy in his prime for a remake. He's great though as a supporting character in films. I've seen him in so many films lately just as "THAT GUY" and he always stands out.

As for the whole, pre-burnt Freddy days. It would be an interesting story, however they'd have to do like Rob and make it a prequal/remake, otherwise, it would be a different story all together. More like, Nighmare in Springwood, not a Nightmare on Elm Street. But really, that doesn't matter.

I wouldn't mind a story all about Fred Krueger and his kid killing serial killer days. But it would need a lot to offer to people without a dead/dream world Freddy.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14854

Platinum Dunes Listening to Fan Feedback For 'Elm Street'
Monday, January 5, 2009

By: MrDisgusting

Platinum Dunes producer Brad Fuller is back again with a new post over at his official webpage where he talks a bit about THE UNBORN being rated PG-13 and how he tried to make a film scary without using buckets of blood. In addition, he has made it known that your feedback for their remake of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET is actually helping them with the film. So head on over to the blog post and leave some feedback, now is the time to let your voice be heard! THE UNBORN hits theaters everywhere this Friday from Rogue Pictures.

So here's a chance for the fans to get their voice heard and add what they wanna see in a NOES film.

Would have posted that, but for some reason any site with flash media closes for me

someone just copy/paste SHH heehehhehe

Wanted: Nightmare on Elm Street Director
Source:Ryan Rotten, Managing Editor

It's all Krueger all of the time for Platinum Dunes. Producers Brad Fuller and Andrew Form spent a good deal of this week taking meetings with potential directors for the upcoming A Nightmare on Elm Street reboot.

"There are some people who are just so excited to maybe getting to do this," Fuller tells ShockTillYouDrop.com. "There were some directors we were talking to who wanted to really make it hardcore, bloody and focus heavily on the pedophilia. We're just now trying to figure out who is the best fit and will give us the scariest movie."

Fuller informs us the screenplay is coming along and that there is "a foundation. We'll probably change some of the dialogue, punch up the kills and the dream sequences but for the most part the foundation is there." The producer adds they're seeking a helmer who can balance reality but carry strong fantastical elements. So, is Marcus Nispel (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th) being considered? "It's been talked about, but I don't know," says Fuller.

Shooting is expected to begin in late April and a search for the new Freddy Krueger has begun. Fuller reveals with palpable glee, "We're getting calls, for the first time in our career, from actors with real caliber who are pursuing that role"

http://www.shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9406

Last edited:
I'd like ot see Nispel do it. I liked the remake of TTCM and FT13 is shaping up nicely. But I don't know if his style could fit into these films.

give me some names. i want to know what actors they have in mind. please no 25 year old boys.

give me some names. i want to know what actors they have in mind. please no 25 year old boys.
I'm sure were found out soon enough.

Once 13 is out and about. the NOES castings will start to flow in then.

I'm sure were found out soon enough.

Once F13 is out and about. the NOES castings will start to flow in then.

I just can't see anyone else ever playing Freddy. I'll give the film a chance but it will take a hell of a performance to win me over. I just don't think anyone will bring the passion to the character that Englund did.

I just can't see anyone else ever playing Freddy. I'll give the film a chance but it will take a hell of a performance to win me over. I just don't think anyone will bring the passion to the character that Englund did.

Feel the same about things.

I read where the producers of the new Friday remake talk about the Nightmare remake. What they had to say sounded promising. They know what they're doing. The remake won't be a origan movie, but will tell where Freddy started at and how he became the Dream-Master Killer and how that follows into the main plot of the film. Talked about how CG will be used, but will only be done when nessisary and not over done. I like that. Freddy's dream worlds should feel like a dream and CG used properly will add to that dream world feeling.

Though no Director is attached at the moment, they talked about possibly having the film in 3D. Since I know the producers and writers of these remakes know their sh** well enough, a good story/plot/film is pretty certain and adding in 3D would be an added bonus. I think a Nightmare on Elm Street would work pretty impressivly in 3D, with Freddy's glove coming out at you and all the stuff they could do in the dream world. I know that sounds like a gimmick, but with a solid story to tell..the 3D could work itself into being part of the film. We need more 3D films now, RealD films are really impressive. Hopfully they do decide to make it in 3D and by that time more theaters will carry the RealD projectors.

So lets hope that the Friday remake is good and a big success.

As long as it's not like the bad 3D NOES movie.

As long as it's not like the bad 3D NOES movie.

Come on, that was when 3D meant you wear glasses that looked ******ed and saw red n' blue and got a headache by looking at the screen. 3D has come a long way with RealD. I remember watching that NOES in 3D. It sucked because it only worked during certain moments and you were so distracted by taking off the glasses then putting them back on when you saw the image get distorted.

I'm going to go see Coraline when it comes to the Wehrenberg. I really enjoy the RealD films. It just looks amazing. Even when things aren't poping out, the images are still really cool to see with the layers.

I still feel like the only direction to with another NOES film is to make it a prequel, and remove the supernatural element for the most part. Show things from a variety of perspectives, as Springwood deals with the string of child disappearances and killings. The parents getting together to kill him can't be that simple of a story that it doesn't warrant further exploration.

The way Aliens worked as a departure from Alien in terms of going from a very subdued, quiet horror film to a high-intensity action thriller, I think taking the Nightmare films away from the supernatural slasher genre, and making it more reality based (at least for one film) would be really interesting. It makes it that much scarier to see Freddy presented in a context where things like this happen in real life.

I still feel like the only direction to with another NOES film is to make it a prequel, and remove the supernatural element for the most part. Show things from a variety of perspectives, as Springwood deals with the string of child disappearances and killings. The parents getting together to kill him can't be that simple of a story that it doesn't warrant further exploration.

The way Aliens worked as a departure from Alien in terms of going from a very subdued, quiet horror film to a high-intensity action thriller, I think taking the Nightmare films away from the supernatural slasher genre, and making it more reality based (at least for one film) would be really interesting. It makes it that much scarier to see Freddy presented in a context where things like this happen in real life.

But if it was strickly only a prequal, you'd have no bank at the box office because the general audience and most horror fans want to see Freddy Kruger. Not Fred Kruger, the creepy guy who works at a Steel Mill in Springwood who spends his time killing little kids. Interesting story, yes, but it's not Freddy Kruger/Dream World/Nightmare on Elm Street.

They've stated that the remake will touch on a prequal ground by telling the story of how Fred became Freddy and how that all happened, but will move into what Elm Street is and why teens who have nightmares are not waking up. But a WHOLE movie just about Fred, won't work. (yes, they could make that movie and have it look good, but without Freddy killing kids in their dreams...it isn't going to be Nightmare on Elm Street)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52816

Nightmare on Elm Street Relaunch Gets Its Director!
Source: Risky Business
February 11, 2009

The Hollywood Reporter's Risky Business Blog has gotten early word on who will be helming the Platinum Dunes remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street and it's none other than music video director Samuel Bayer, the man responsible for MTV's introduction to grunge in the form of Nirvana's award-winning "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video. No word on when production will start on the movie that was being scripted by Wesley Strick (Arachnophobia), but Bayer is also slated to helm the Platinum Dunes thriller Fiasco Heights according to the story, which you can read here.

*bangs head on keyboard*

9thaxnrgtr x890 rgtar5gtaht9x tga0r580 gtrgtnhxer43843hwr4 iuofhagerh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS