Age of Ultron No Strings Attached: James Spader is Ultron! - Part 1

MJaSfuB.png

Iron Man's popularity over all has earned him the place he has in the MCU, the other Avengers have moved up in their deserved prominence, especially Captain America, but Iron Man kicked it off, for a while he was the only active Super Hero in the universe, and really a super genius with near unlimited resources is the only person in a position to run the Avengers in the absence of Nick Fury, but he concedes the leadership to Captain America. Even if he doesn't always agree with him. Much like the comics.

I saw the movie 4 times in theaters and never got tired of Ultron. And to say raising a small continent off the ground to cause an extinction level event is non-threatening is a huge reach. If anything, it speaks to the strength of the Avengers (you know... Earth's Mightiest Heroes) that they were able to stop him. I never got the impression it was easy for them.

But of course they were going to win; that seems like a poor criticism.

Iron Man's popularity over all has earned him the place he has in the MCU

But that doesn't mean I have to love it. Is that ok? Do I need to apply for a license or something? Maybe take an RDJ Smarm Appreciation class? I'm not taking anything away from anyone else by not drooling over every last detail.

I like the character (and RDJ) just fine, but Whedon's take was especially chattery and annoying, like he was trying way too hard.

I'm sorry, where did I say you "have" to love anything? I know you aren't the only one who holds that opinion of the character at the moment, I'm just saying the way the franchise has been established and built up since, there really isn't any other way it was going to go.

I'm perfectly content with the overall humor level in Marvel films but Ultron himself did not feel much at all like the character as I have known him most of my life and his Stark 2.0 personality is the primary reason why. There's no "narrative" other than I simply didn't enjoy Whedon's take on the character.

Terribly sorry to rock the big MCU boat. I know how a little criticism gets frowned upon around here but I'm afraid I must stick to my guns or I'd lose all respect for myself.

I would suggest overemphasis on Stark is a wider problem but that might get me lynched. :hehe:

:up: to both

Ultron sucked :o D00M was much better :o
Just because someone is more terrible doesn't mean another a good person

It is called opinion and I understand why quite massive amount of people found him disappointing in the movie as the big bad of Avengers

Ultron has an actual personality but that doesn't make him a great villain,he is one of the better MCU villians,that is about it
He is not Joker,and not even as good as Loki who I consider overrated,but at least Loki survived more than 3 movies
A basic C-list villain Yellowjacket was even more threatening than him despite he was weak in his fights with Antman as well

I have no interest to bring about how weak Ultron was in the movie again since the comics and cartoons both showcase what a truly powerful high intelligent strong robot can be,movie Ultron sucks so bad in comparison

And I still can't get over how easy his plan is stopped
Tony and Thor stopped his plan in seconds
He should have killed both in the beginning
Oh wait,Ultron got pwned twice by Ironman and didn't manage to kill Thor even when he had the chance and knew Thor was his biggest threat

Was this a really high intelligent killing unstoppable robot that described in the movie preview?
I can understand why some people like him,if they are big fans of majority of MCU movies
Those films were never considered to be taken seriously

Russo Bros will show Whedon why they will direct the next 3 biggest MCU movies of phase 3

It is called opinion and I understand why quite massive amount of people found him disappointing in the movie as the big bad of Avengers

Ultron has an actual personality but that doesn't make him a great villain,he is one of the better MCU villians,that is about it
He is not Joker,and not even as good as Loki who I consider overrated,but at least Loki survived more than 3 movies
A basic C-list villain Yellowjacket was even more threatening than him despite he was weak in his fights with Antman as well

I have no interest to bring about how weak Ultron was in the movie again since the comics and cartoons both showcase what a truly powerful high intelligent strong robot can be,movie Ultron sucks so bad in comparison

Oh wait,Ultron got pwned twice by Ironman and didn't manage to kill Thor even when he had the chance and knew Thor was his biggest threat

Was this a really high intelligent killing unstoppable robot that described in the movie preview?
I can understand why some people like him,if they are big fans of majority of MCU movies

Russo Bros will show Whedon why they will direct the next 3 biggest MCU movies of phase 3

Ultron didn't want to kill the Avengers lol That was never his endgame. And you really think Whedon was gonna kill off Thor? And don't contradict yourself. You said that people disliking Ultron is their opinion. Fair enough but now you're generalizing that any one who likes Ultron are just big fans of the MCU because their films can't be taken seriously? It that a sin? Nope it isn't. If you don't like their direction, don't watch them.

I'm pretty sure if Whedon wanted to direct the two IW films he'd have done it. He stepped down for obvious reason. And one of the reason why the first two Avengers are successful in the first place is because of Whedon. In any lesser hands I don't think they'd have been as good as they are. Its really finny how people are suddenly turned against Whedon now.

http://goo.gl/DZoGD6

wish Marvel Studio read this and improve their movies in phase 3
GOTG and TWS are both pretty good,Ant Man is also better than AOU
Right now AOU is right around the 5th best movie of phase 2 on my list,just ahead of TDW only because I found TDW pretty boring,though Kurse-Thor fight was more enjoyable than the final fight in AOU

tumblr_inline_nnqpm1NOL81r31crk_500_zpsiuaoizxi.gif

I agree about Yellow jacket, I found him a bigger threat than I ever did Ultron, and I was worried about Ant Man during their fight, I never worried about any of the Avengers during their fights with Ultron as they always looked comfortable, they were never even out of breath or beaten up after their encounters with him.

Ultron didn't want to kill the Avengers lol That was never his endgame. And you really think Whedon was gonna kill off Thor? And don't contradict yourself. You said that people disliking Ultron is their opinion. Fair enough but now you're generalizing that any one who likes Ultron are just big fans of the MCU because their films can't be taken seriously? It that a sin? Nope it isn't. If you don't like their direction, don't watch them.

I'm pretty sure if Whedon wanted to direct the two IW films he'd have done it. He stepped down for obvious reason. And one of the reason why the first two Avengers are successful in the first place is because of Whedon. In any lesser hands I don't think they'd have been as good as they are. Its really finny how people are suddenly turned against Whedon now.

For me Marvel is just as much to blame as Whedon. I will forever be a Whedon fab but he made some strange choices here but at the same time Marvel didnt help with not allowing him a longer run time or allowing him to go darker with Ultron.

Marvel didnt help with not allowing him a longer run time or allowing him to go darker with Ultron.
As far as I'm aware, it was Joss' own personal goal to have Age of Ultron not be longer than the first Avengers film

Yep, It was Whedons obsession with having the movie shorter than the original....which is frankly stupid.

As far as I'm aware, it was Joss' own personal goal to have Age of Ultron not be longer than the first Avengers film

Yep, It was Whedons obsession with having the movie shorter than the original....which is frankly stupid.

Sorry I don't believe that, Marvel is notorious for not allowing a movie to be over a certain length or kids would lose interest. Also, Joss has since talked about battles with Marcel about keeping certain scenes in and taking other ones out, etc. I think Joss was just being professional when he said he wanted it shorter than the first movie.

Yep.
"There's one or two things that I'm unhappy about not having in there, but they're small. I said to [Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige] before we started, 'My secret fantasy that'll never come true is that the second one is shorter than the first.' And we're shorter by a minute."
http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Joss-Whedon-First-Cut-Avengers-Age-Ultron-Was-Way-Longer-70850.html

Joss after AoU wasn't afraid of saying anything about Marvel. I'll tale his word here.

Sorry I don't believe that, Marvel is notorious for not allowing a movie to be over a certain length or kids would lose interest. Also, Joss has since talked about battles with Marcel about keeping certain scenes in and taking other ones out, etc. I think Joss was just being professional when he said he wanted it shorter than the first movie.

Do you have a link to this? First time I've heard about this tbh.

Do you have a link to this? First time I've heard about this tbh.

I don't I am afraid, but I assure you its not something I made up, I actually heard it from another poster but can't remember who.

I don't I am afraid, but I assure you its not something I made up, I actually heard it from another poster but can't remember who.

Ahh thats very strange considering 3 of their highest grossing films have long run times.

Ahh thats very strange considering 3 of their highest grossing films have long run times.

Well its not something I have only heard once, and its long term members who have stated it as I wouldn't just believe anyone. It's just something I remember reading and it made total sense considering how Marvel are.

I wouldn't say any of their movies have long run times. None are as long as TDK for example which was for one hero not a whole team. Hell none of them are as long as the last 3 TF movies either.

With the exception of TDK, the rest were way over long and bloated especially the last 3 TF films and TDKR.

You don't need a long ass run time to tell a good story. Its a double edged sword. Pacing is the key issue.

With the exception of TDK, the rest were way over long and bloated especially the last 3 TF films and TDKR.

You don't need a long ass run time to tell a good story. Its a double edged sword. Pacing is the key issue.

I wouldn't agree with TDKR as I thought that had a good length. Agreed about the TF movies though. My point was thought, if Batman on his can get a 2 and a half hour movie, why can't a team of superheroes? Same applies for the Transformers really. Thought they didn't need to be so long, but some Marvel movies have clearly needed to be longer.

AOU had a lot of pacing issues and it being longer would have helped with this and some other issues I and many others had with it.

Ultron was ****ing awesome in this. He's jab at Captain America was funny and very honest at the same time. And when he called Caps shield a "Frisbee".:funny:

When Cap buried his shield in Ultron's chest only to have Ultron easily knock it away with a condescending, "Stop it!", that was pure gold. What I found unique about Ultron was that he was dismissive of the heroes. He was powerful enough to see them as a childish annoyance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"