Age of Ultron No Strings Attached: James Spader is Ultron!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how strong Ultron will be. Strong enough to trade blows with Hulk and Thor?

Ultron destroys in the comics. He wrecks Thor and gives Hulk a run for his money. Watch that Avengers Assemble cartoon at the end (before it was canceled and replaced by the Avengers cartoon to tie into the movie verse) Ultron kicks the crap out of everyone.

He wouldn't be that much of a villain if Thor or Hulk could just kick his ass. :oldrazz:

Oh yea i know how powerful he is in the comics. But the movies downplay some of the characters a touch. I just wonder if he'll literally be trading punches with them, or using other tactics.

It would be pretty cool and terrifying to have Thor lay one on Ultron with Mjolnir and he just tanks it like it was nothing. **** just got real!

Oh ha ok. I would love for Thor to look at Ultron like he did Iron Man in The Avengers, chuck his hammer at him smack him in the head and Ultron just turn his head back like nothing happened.

Could Ultron be made out of Adamantium?

I know the word is synonymous with Wolverine, but the first use of the term in Marvel was to describe Ultron's metal skin.

Plus Adamantium is an alloy made from Vibranium which has already been featured and mentioned.

No i think Fox has the rights to that word, same as "mutants". I imagine Ultron will be made from Vibranium though.

He's probably like the powerpuff girls and made out of sugar, spice, everything nice and chemical X

he should be made out of whatever they used to make the Destroyer.

Wouldn't that potentially give Thor an advantage against him though, given how easily he defeated the Destroyer originally?

haha yea. It surely must be Vibranium. And we've already seen Thor and Mjolnir prove ineffectual against it when he just bounced off Cap's shield.

How did whoever made Ultron get the Vibranium though? Isn't it rare and only found in Wakanda? Maybe that's why they're filming in South Africa? Maybe Ultron will originate there?

How did whoever made Ultron get the Vibranium though? Isn't it rare and only found in Wakanda? Maybe that's why they're filming in South Africa? Maybe Ultron will originate there?

I like the idea of Ultron starting out in one form & upgrading himself with Vibranium in Wakanda.

Tony Stark proved that you could manufacture vibranium, and Agents of SHIELD has the Bus with an entire vibranium-laced containment cell. I'm pretty sure Ultron could acquire or make the stuff.

Plus the US Army already had some vibranium way back in WWII (Cap's shield).

Plus the US Army already had some vibranium way back in WWII (Cap's shield).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Howard Stark said the vibranium in Cap's shield amounted to basically all the vibranium they had.

Yeah. They knew about it, but that doesn't mean they had a good source, or any source beyond one small amount ( a single meteor? a gift given by a mysterious African king? ).

Clearly, this has changed in the ensuing decades.

Ultron destroys in the comics. He wrecks Thor and gives Hulk a run for his money. Watch that Avengers Assemble cartoon at the end (before it was canceled and replaced by the Avengers cartoon to tie into the movie verse) Ultron kicks the crap out of everyone.

He wouldn't be that much of a villain if Thor or Hulk could just kick his ass. :oldrazz:

To be fair, Hulk kicked Loki's ass by himself, and he was the main villain in Avengers.

Well realistically, Thor has his own feats where he should be able to walk all over Ultron.

Would anyone say Ultron is a herald level villain? I mean, Thor has his feats, but when he gets beat by Ultron, I think the point is that Ultron is most definitely on that level.

Despite Ultron Unlimmited being awesome, Annihilation Conquest was my favorite Ultron appearance. I think Ultron will be around for a little while. Loki the Avengers first villain was around after that. Thanos will obviously be around more than Avengers 3. I expect to see Ultron through out phase 3, perhaps as a small villain. Maybe in a gotg sequel, feeding off of Annihilation Conquest....or a build up to Avengers 3, like War of Kings

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Howard Stark said the vibranium in Cap's shield amounted to basically all the vibranium they had.

Yeah but that was also 70 years ago. The point was that they already had a least one source of it way back them. Therefore, it's not that hard to buy that they could have gotten hold of more in the ensuing decades.

To be fair, Hulk kicked Loki's ass by himself, and he was the main villain in Avengers.

True, but Loki's always been depicted as being more of an intellectual/manipulator-type villain, and Hulk is AT LEAST as strong as Thor (who also kicked Loki's ass in two different movies), so it made sense there. Ultron, on the other hand, HAS often been depicted as a very serious physical threat. Heck, he took on the entire team in the EMH animated show and was kicking their asses until Hank Pym defeated him with logic (literally).

Eh, honestly, I'd say that yes, Ultron kind of is that powerful. A full true adamantium body really does make him indestructible on an excessively high level, and his strength and firepower have seriously messed up both Hulk and Thor before. While esoteric hammer tricks could do something, sure, in practice, Thor really doesn't have a good opportunity to do them, because Ultron has a counter: "blast the crap out of Thor".

Well realistically, Thor has his own feats where he should be able to walk all over Ultron.

Would anyone say Ultron is a herald level villain? I mean, Thor has his feats, but when he gets beat by Ultron, I think the point is that Ultron is most definitely on that level.

Despite Ultron Unlimmited being awesome, Annihilation Conquest was my favorite Ultron appearance. I think Ultron will be around for a little while. Loki the Avengers first villain was around after that. Thanos will obviously be around more than Avengers 3. I expect to see Ultron through out phase 3, perhaps as a small villain. Maybe in a gotg sequel, feeding off of Annihilation Conquest....or a build up to Avengers 3, like War of Kings

Nope :p
GalactusUltron.jpg

It's the Adamantium shell aka (Damage Nullifier) and the back ups that gives Thor and everyone Problems.

748432-ultr.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, Ultron's sheer durability is his true strength. I think he'll probably be eventually defeated by Vision going intangible and messing around with his insides.

And movie Thor hasn't really done many things with Mjolnir, apart from summon lightning and create tornadoes. They haven't really scratched the surface of his full capabilities. In the comics he can do all sorts of crazy things like create black holes or dimensional rifts. God blasts, anti-matter blasts. Manipulate gravity, energy and matter.

Eh, that scan isn't really meaningful. Galactus would do the same thing to a Herald.

They kinda have to nerf Thor in the movies because he'd solve everything instantly. Whedon may lampshade that at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"