• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Endgame Official Avengers: Endgame News & Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
See... I don't have any problem with Banner in IW. Especially the Shuri scene. I felt it's totally in the character of what we have known of Banner since A1. Let's put it this way, replace Banner with Tony in that scene and it would play out differently. Tony would try to get all passive aggressive with Shuri, try to prove something about his bona fides as a genius etc. Banner? His response to her question is just the truth. "We... Didn't think of that." He's not going to get in a pissing contest. It's not important to him. And on top of that this is a guy that's all about keeping himself on an even keel at all times because he knows how angry he really is. Even understanding that at the time he didn't know if he ever could become Hulk again, he's still had years of holding back the rage within. It's reflexive at this point and he knows that at that moment getting into a "Who's smartest" contest isn't in the least important... Cuz that's what heroes do.

I though it was consistent with who he's supposed to be myself.

7c7f79581d078bdae933f43894b4669f.jpg
This is perfection. We need this on screen!

See... I don't have any problem with Banner in IW. Especially the Shuri scene. I felt it's totally in the character of what we have known of Banner since A1. Let's put it this way, replace Banner with Tony in that scene and it would play out differently. Tony would try to get all passive aggressive with Shuri, try to prove something about his bona fides as a genius etc. Banner? His response to her question is just the truth. "We... Didn't think of that." He's not going to get in a pissing contest. It's not important to him. And on top of that this is a guy that's all about keeping himself on an even keel at all times because he knows how angry he really is. Even understanding that at the time he didn't know if he ever could become Hulk again, he's still had years of holding back the rage within. It's reflexive at this point and he knows that at that moment getting into a "Who's smartest" contest isn't in the least important... Cuz that's what heroes do.

It’s not his reaction that is the problem for me. It’s about Banner needing to completely miss something obvious enough for Shuri to be able to make fun out of him for. I would rather the scene have had Banner come up with a really good suggestion and Shuri to be impressed with his knowledge. And then when she suggests an alternative (maybe with the advantage of Wakandan tech) Banner can be surprised how good that solution is and can say wow that’s definitely a better way of doing it. That way they both look like geniuses, especially to the regular heroes around them who have no idea what they are talking about, and Shuri can still be made to look more intelligent.

All this is true and i agree.

It’s not his reaction that is the problem for me. It’s about Banner needing to completely miss something obvious enough for Shuri to be able to make fun out of him for. I would rather the scene have had Banner come up with a really good suggestion and Shuri to be impressed with his knowledge. And then when she suggests an alternative (maybe with the advantage of Wakandan tech) Banner can be surprised how good that solution is and can say wow that’s definitely a better way of doing it. That way they both look like geniuses, especially to the regular heroes around them who have no idea what they are talking about, and Shuri can still be made to look more intelligent.

#1 Shuri makes fun of EVERYONE. T'Challa, Ross, Nakia. It doesn't matter.
#2 Just because someone's a genius doesn't mean they have all the answers. Banner's been shown to be plenty smart, it's okay if he's upstaged every now and then. If Tony had done it no one would say "boo".

From BOT regarding that tweet about tickets:

If that 7:00 and 10:00 showing stay the way they are, that would mean the movie isn't 3 hrs as both of those shows are in Theater 1 and a 3-hr gap wouldn't be a long enough gap between showtimes for a 3-hr movie.

From BOT regarding that tweet about tickets:

If that 7:00 and 10:00 showing stay the way they are, that would mean the movie isn't 3 hrs as both of those shows are in Theater 1 and a 3-hr gap wouldn't be a long enough gap between showtimes for a 3-hr movie.
Infinity War with the trailers wouldn't fit in there either so something isn't right there. This one is supposed to be longer than Infinity War either way isn't it?

:wow:
Need...tickets...

BTW...I saw Ant Man & The Wasp again over the weekend...I think that movie is a lot more important than people give it credit, I'm pretty sure I overheard bill foster explain what will probably happen in Endgame lol
It's gonna be one I rewatch as I do a mini MCU marathon before Endgame
Seriously, let us buy tickets already!
Agreed! I had my Captain Marvel ticket like two months in advance

Apparently the Empire magazine doesn't have any new images.
And from what i read it seems that the new info in the magazine isn't great either.

Whilst I agree that the runtime should be whatever it needs to be, I will be slightly concerned if End Game isn't around 3 hours given how much is going on and the closure we need to be given.

The last thing we want is a rushed finish to this epic saga.

It won't be. Let us not forget Infinity War and Endgame are effectively 1 story over 2 films. So we're likely getting a combined 5ish hour movie all said and done. That's pretty epic, if you ask me.

It won't be. Let us not forget Infinity War and Endgame are effectively 1 story over 2 films. So we're likely getting a combined 5ish hour movie all said and done. That's pretty epic, if you ask me.

That's true. Let's wait and see, I would be surprised if it's not around 3 hours given the Russos have made several comments (even just last month) about the latest cut still being that length.

They have said several times in the past they aren't the type of filmmakers to cut a lot of film, it's not how they operate. So given that they said in February the cut was still 3 hours, I think it will be close to that on final release.

That's true. Let's wait and see, I would be surprised if it's not around 3 hours given the Russos have made several comments (even just last month) about the latest cut still being that length.

They have said several times in the past they aren't the type of filmmakers to cut a lot of film, it's not how they operate. So given that they said in February the cut was still 3 hours, I think it will be close to that on final release.

I agree. My assumption is it will be longer than IW, but I am not sure it will hit 3hrs. That I think is 50/50

IW still feels rushed to me, honestly. And it only told the very beginning of this story: on the other hand, though, this film has fewer characters so they’ll each get more screen time I hope.

IW I felt like was certainly fast paced, but not rushed. I think everyone got the development the story required, etc. It also had this ticking time bomb sort of feel to it. Something like TIH I felt like was rushed. But not IW.

I agree. My assumption is it will be longer than IW, but I am not sure it will hit 3hrs. That I think is 50/50

Could well end up at something like 2 hours 50 mins.

IW I felt like was certainly fast paced, but not rushed. I think everyone got the development the story required, etc. It also had this ticking time bomb sort of feel to it. Something like TIH I felt like was rushed. But not IW.

Yeah I agree with that, Infinity War definitely didn't feel rushed to me. It had a very intense pace to it, very much like a heist film, which worked perfectly and is one of the reasons it's so rewatchable.

Haha, yeah, I deleted my post because I realized I felt the same way. I do think still think some characters (Steve, Black Widow) didn’t get enough to do, and I have my nitpicks with it - as with any film - but you’re right: fast-paced, not rushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back