• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Endgame Official Avengers: Endgame News & Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I much prefer the whole science bro crowd when they are all shown to be hyper-intelligent, even if some are more so than others.

But the science bro crowd are all at roughly the same level of technological and scientific advancement. It's not just a question of intellect. You and I can casually understand things that even the geniuses of ages past would never have imagined. We are not more intelligent than they were.

Wakanda is shown to be more advanced scientifically than the rest of the world, so it would make sense that a brilliant Wakandan scientist might immediately think of a solution that would elude the science bros.

That's partially why the scene is in the movie. Not the pissing contest as to who is smarter, but as a way to acknowledge the gap in technological and scientific advancement.

But the science bro crowd are all at roughly the same level of technological and scientific advancement. It's not just a question of intellect. You and I can casually understand things that even the geniuses of ages past would never have imagined. We are not more intelligent than they were.

Wakanda is shown to be more advanced scientifically than the rest of the world, so it would make sense that a brilliant Wakandan scientist might immediately think of a solution that would elude the science bros.

That's partially why the scene is in the movie. Not the pissing contest as to who is smarter, but as a way to acknowledge the gap in technological and scientific advancement.

I get that scene and why it had to be in there. But Bruce didn't have to respond "Because we didn't think of it?" He should be more intellectually curious, not caught off guard.

Maybe they could have gone with a slightly different reaction.

I guess that the script opted for Banner being baffled initially because it would have taken years of research, experiments and breakthroughs for anyone outside of Wakanda to come up with a similar idea.

Nobody in the MCU really knew about Wakanda's level of science and technology, so he's simply not expecting it. Wakanda has just recently revealed itself to the rest of the world.

Actually... Not really.

For whatever reason, probably the nature of the news and the way geopolitics has played out the period when Black Panther was out followed soon by IW seems like it was years and years ago. So I've gotten used to waiting it out for AEG.
I mean, I get it. This past year since IW has gone by FAST. But it's always the last stretch that's torture. Good for you though lol

I mostly get what you mean. It is tough knowing we're so close, but still a ways to wait. Oh sure that's life for you. But the more you get hyped to see this movie the more you want to see the movie right now.

But at least we're closing in on it. Just have to hang in there until the movie arrives.
That's the problem, though! You get hyped and you wanna see it bad, but you CAN'T for another 6 weeks lol. So it's best to turn your hype OFF lol which is almost paradoxical in a way.

The final edit will be whatever it needs to be. I'f it is under 3 hours then so be it. I just hope they stick the landing.
This. I think everyone, including myself gets excited about a 3-hour epic to an ending of this section of the MCU...but what's most important is they find the story, hone in on it, and find the best version of telling that story. I'll still put money that it's longer than IW though lol.

The only interesting tidbit I found about the Empire magazine piece was that Phase 1-3 is officially titled "The Infinity Saga".
Awesome name lol.

I checked out the number of character appearances in the 3 pieces of footage shown so far. Official Trailer, Super Bowl Spot and Official Trailer 2. And from that we can get a bit of a glimpse of who could be featured the most in AEG.

The characters featured in more scenes where Black Widow and Captain America. Then Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Thor and War Machine. Followed by Iron Man and Nebula.

I checked out the number of character appearances in the 3 pieces of footage shown so far. Official Trailer, Super Bowl Spot and Official Trailer 2. And from that we can get a bit of a glimpse of who could be featured the most in AEG.

The characters featured in more scenes where Black Widow and Captain America. Then Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Thor and War Machine. Followed by Iron Man and Nebula.
I don't think we can infer much from the trailers in that regard because 1. the word is that the trailers are only really featuring footage from the first 30 minutes of the movie; 2. the appearance of Tony and Nebula in the trailers is likely minimal since they seem to be trying to make it a question whether they make it home; and 3. the scenes selected for the trailer were probably selected base don how un-spoilery they are (so that may bias the sampling towards certain characters who are in more non-spoilery scenes or shots). In other words, you could have characters who are heavily featured in the film be minimally present in the trailers because their involvement is in key spoilerific scenes.

That was probably also Loki's reaction before an arrow blew up in his face in the first Avengers movie. Even the less powerful members can pack a punch if geared properly.

Who knows how Endgame plays out. But even in the first movie the less powerful members found their place in the action and played important roles. People seem quick to laugh at those two in particular, but it isn't always about strength. The solution to what Thanos did may not simply be punching him unconscious.

2732x1536:
nphEuBvt_o.png

m8prm1.gif

Guys there may be some leaked footage out in the wild, saw some screenshots of that avengers 1 scene we saw set photos of on instagram. I may have to black out lol.

Guys there may be some leaked footage out in the wild, saw some screenshots of that avengers 1 scene we saw set photos of on instagram. I may have to black out lol.

Is it a ghostly Tony Stark looking out of the car at a ghostly Cap? Cause that's fake AF

That's the one didn't notice if they were ghostly ....but tony was definitely in a car. Glad to know it's fake.

Haha yeah that's fake. Btw, I wouldn't put too much stock into the set photos of Cap in his Avengers 1 costume.

avengers4-8.jpg

We've all been assuming they time travelled back to the Battle of NY, and maybe they did, but those orange dots on their costumes is for motion capture to CGI the QR suits over them. That shot of them walking in line in the Superbowl spot had Cap in his Avengers 1 costume, but Trailer 2 showed that the QR suits were CGI-ed over them. Maybe the Russos purposely chose that costume to screw with us haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back