• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Endgame Official Avengers: Endgame News & Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha yeah that's fake. Btw, I wouldn't put too much stock into the set photos of Cap in his Avengers 1 costume.

avengers4-8.jpg

We've all been assuming they time travelled back to the Battle of NY, and maybe they did, but those orange dots on their costumes is for motion capture to CGI the QR suits over them. That shot of them walking in line in the Superbowl spot had Cap in his Avengers 1 costume, but Trailer 2 showed that the QR suits were CGI-ed over them. Maybe the Russos purposely chose that costume to screw with us haha

But why wear suits at all if it’s just going to be the quantum suits over them?

Haha yeah that's fake. Btw, I wouldn't put too much stock into the set photos of Cap in his Avengers 1 costume.

avengers4-8.jpg

We've all been assuming they time travelled back to the Battle of NY, and maybe they did, but those orange dots on their costumes is for motion capture to CGI the QR suits over them. That shot of them walking in line in the Superbowl spot had Cap in his Avengers 1 costume, but Trailer 2 showed that the QR suits were CGI-ed over them. Maybe the Russos purposely chose that costume to screw with us haha

I actually mentioned this the other day ...but what if the cap in the suit at the end IS the one from avengers 1? :eek::wow:

But why wear suits at all if it’s just going to be the quantum suits over them?

Well, maybe the Russos knew they would be filming on location and there would undoubtedly be set photos, so they purposely chose these costumes to throw people off and confuse them :funny:

I actually mentioned this the other day ...but what if the cap in the suit at the end IS the one from avengers 1? :eek::wow:

:wow:

Wow, Karen Gillian finished shooting her scenes only 2 weeks ago??

(From Empire) Karen Gillan (Nebula):

My last day was two weeks ago. They keep doing reshoots. We call it 'The Infinity Movie.' It just never ends. I think we're going to be at the premiere and they're going to be playing it and we'll act the last scene live, because they won't have finished it.

Did anyone else notice that scene in the trailer where Hawkeye is running from the explosion?

His legt hand has something glowing...can it be one of those devices on the hands in set photos?

I gotta stop I stop putting puzzle pieces together in my head too much lol

My last day was two weeks ago. They keep doing reshoots. We call it 'The Infinity Movie.' It just never ends. I think we're going to be at the premiere and they're going to be playing it and we'll act the last scene live, because they won't have finished it.

Probably 2 weeks ago from whenever the interview was done which I doubt was too recently

Did anyone else notice that scene in the trailer where Hawkeye is running from the explosion?

His legt hand has something glowing...can it be one of those devices on the hands in set photos?

I gotta stop I stop putting puzzle pieces together in my head too much lol

I thought it was too, but I think it's just a flashlight to help him aim in the dark. I wonder where he is. The red lights + the tunnel gives me such strong Aliens vibes.

I thought it was too, but I think it's just a flashlight to help him aim in the dark. I wonder where he is. The red lights + the tunnel gives me such strong Aliens vibes.

Just went to the gif thread to stare at it for a bit. If it is a flashlight ...he's definitely not holding it ...it's strapped to his wrist like those devices. Hmmm

I don’t think it’s two weeks from today. Magazine interviews are usually done months prior to print unless they explicitly say otherwise.

Last edited:
That was probably also Loki's reaction before an arrow blew up in his face in the first Avengers movie. Even the less powerful members can pack a punch if geared properly.

Who knows how Endgame plays out. But even in the first movie the less powerful members found their place in the action and played important roles. People seem quick to laugh at those two in particular, but it isn't always about strength. The solution to what Thanos did may not simply be punching him unconscious.
tumblr_nycvl0mnad1u58bayo2_5001.gif

I don’t think it’s two weeks from today. Magazine interviews are usually done months prior to print unless they say explicitly say otherwise.

The interview was probably done in January or early February, since she and some other actors did reshoots around that time and she tweeted about it at the time. The editing is all done now, so no more reshoots XD

Last edited:
Something I noticed rewatching IW. In Ragnarok, Strange says he keeps a watch list of threats to Earth. Yet in IW when Banner says Thanos is coming, Strange asks “Who?” Wouldn’t he know the name of one of the largest threats out there?

When you deduct the mid and post credit scenes, the longest combined opening and end credits of any Marvel movie has been just under 11 minutes. So if the movie is truly 180 minutes and you deduct the maximum of eleven you are left with 169 minutes of story. If we get 169 minutes of story and 11 minutes of credit I'm going to be damn happy.
That leads me to wondering what the mid and post credit scenes will be for Endgame?

Maybe a scene from Agents of Shield to remind folks it's still on air. :nrv:

They did and that was completely unnecessary. You can make her more intelligent and she is obviously a scientist with more plentiful resources, sure, but no need to make him look dumb in the process. I much prefer the whole science bro crowd when they are all shown to be hyper-intelligent, even if some are more so than others.
I agree. It was such an awkward scene. She seemed so condescending and it felt so poorly done.

I can understand them downplaying T'Challa's genius but they basically robbed Banner of his primary trait for a cheap joke. We already knew Shuri was a genius; no need to take a cheap shot at Banner.

Need...tickets...

BTW...I saw Ant Man & The Wasp again over the weekend...I think that movie is a lot more important than people give it credit, I'm pretty sure I overheard bill foster explain what will probably happen in Endgame lol
important in what sense?

I'm still surprised it still is the least Box Office performing Marvel film since the last Ant-Man film. It was post-IW and they promoted the Hell out of it and yet it only earned $625 million ($100 million more than the first).

It’s not his reaction that is the problem for me. It’s about Banner needing to completely miss something obvious enough for Shuri to be able to make fun out of him for. I would rather the scene have had Banner come up with a really good suggestion and Shuri to be impressed with his knowledge. And then when she suggests an alternative (maybe with the advantage of Wakandan tech) Banner can be surprised how good that solution is and can say wow that’s definitely a better way of doing it. That way they both look like geniuses, especially to the regular heroes around them who have no idea what they are talking about, and Shuri can still be made to look more intelligent.
^THIS.

I don't get being critical of that moment in IW when almost all of Banner's arc in THOR RAGNAROK is literally just the set up for a joke about him landing like a bug on a windshield at the Bifrost bridge.

important in what sense?

I'm still surprised it still is the least Box Office performing Marvel film since the last Ant-Man film. It was post-IW and they promoted the Hell out of it and yet it only earned $625 million ($100 million more than the first).
The World Cup (the equivalent of IW to the GA and probably bigger if your country gets to the final stages) was a factor too in many overseas markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"