Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAA tells MTV he's still campaigning for T'Challa..

"Who do I want to play him? Myself, let’s be real," Akinnuoye-Agbaje told MTV News with a smile, when asked if he is still carrying the torch for the role. "I would hope that playing Kurse would ingratiate me to becoming the Panther. You get in and have success in one, and you go and do the next one. [My campaign] is definitely not dropped."

"He’s one of my faves. I would love to play him," he continued. "You have to keep at it, you have to keep your card in the hat and see what comes out but I have to say I’m thrilled, I’ve been able to play two characters in one movie and if [Marvel] likes this and it this does well, it just gives you a better chance."

Black Panther is pretty much the choice role for a lot of young black guys in the acting game right now. They all know who he is, and know it'll be a pretty big spectacle and will put them in some definite spotlight.

I don't mind this re-design of Gamora..

Knq8J.jpg

Eh they can change the color then. I like it. The bathing suit is a non-starter regardless. she will be fully dressed in the film.

It's too....Mass Effect for my tastes.

well they are making a sci-fi adventure film not a Flash Gordon remake...I couldn't take John Carter seriously because of the skimpy costumes

flashgordon_thai_horizontal.jpg

wouldn't mind them to make the costumes a similar to the Prometheus suits but a little more battle ready..Mass Effect isn't a bad thing..

newprom13.jpg

181304_487507331265668_1324659734_n.jpg

gears_09_cover_by_jim_lee.jpg

Starcraft+Ghost.jpg

Last edited:
That's ridiculous. I just hate the whole body armor look that is everywhere now. Something like she's wearing in the concept art is fine.

If you don't want every movie to be like Flash Gordon, you're wrong.

That's ridiculous. I just hate the whole body armor look that is everywhere now. Something like she's wearing in the concept art is fine.

well those concept costumes are being updated/mixed with the new ones from the comic.. should be interesting what they end up looking like

I'm just nitpicky about these things. With her powers and abilities there's no reason for her to be armored up. Just like Superman's latest look is stupid for the same reason.

I'm just nitpicky about these things. With her powers and abilities there's no reason for her to be armored up. Just like Superman's latest look is stupid for the same reason.

maybe not against human weapons but cosmic ones might be reason to armored..

That said, Bendis writes a Thanos that would never hurt his dear daughter Gamora. Never mind he's killed her at least twice that I'm aware of; once in the 1970s and once in the 1990s.

Bendis is working on the film as creative consultant so sounds like that might be the route they go..

Bendis works as a creative consultant on all of these films. I doubt he has much say on the specific characteristics of the characters

Also we're getting dozens of Mass Effecty scifi properties over the next two years. It's the non-Mass Effectiness of this property that'll set it apart and help sell it.

Bendis can't handle anyone that isn't street level. I mean to him, Thor was some dude with a big hammer.

Also we're getting dozens of Mass Effecty scifi properties over the next two years. It's the non-Mass Effectiness of this property that'll set it apart and help sell it.

you also have to factor-in this is the same company that owns Star Wars so having characters without flowing ropes might be the direction to go to separate itself from that franchise.. just a thought

I don't think Marvel would really mind if people instinctively associate this property with Star Wars, lol

But if you're calling for more "realism" in this property, you're missing the point.

I don't think Marvel would really mind if people instinctively associate this property with Star Wars, lol

But if you're calling for more "realism" in this property, you're missing the point.

just saying as this is it's own franchise without a real presence without a few comic books with team together.. they are free to create whatever vision they want.. it could end up looking far less familiar than you have in mind.. we already know Star-Lord won't have his face covered the entire time..already messing with the character lol.. comparing the Ultimate (used in the films) vs the traditional costumes of Widow, Hawkeye, Fury, Hill, Cap, Thor.. ect.. Marvel is known for changing the look of the characters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"