• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Official Halo Thread

The first Halo game is undoubtedly my favorite of them all, and part of the reason that is so, is because of the sound effect of the assault rifle. In the first game, it sounded powerful and menacing, in later Halo games, it subsequently sounded insanely weak. Going from a "badoom badoom badoom" type sound to a "pop pop pop" sound. So I'm wondering, does the assault rifle have its sound effect left intact in the Anniversary game?
Yes it does. It has ALL of the original sounds from 10 years ago. Absolutely AMAMZING game. You should most definitely pick it up!

Technically not the ORIGINAL sounds. They remastered it all and redid the soundtrack. It's based on the original noises and music, but much, much better quality.

Technically not the ORIGINAL sounds. They remastered it all and redid the soundtrack. It's based on the original noises and music, but much, much better quality.

Well you know what I mean. They are remastered yes, but they sound like the way they originally sounded.

Some friends said the co-op connection on Anniversary is really bad (very laggy) for the 2nd player. Can anyone who's done co-op confirm pls?

Bit worrying from 343 that their first full game has this problem while previous Halo's have 4 player campaign as standard and up to 16 players! Hope they can get things sorted by Halo 4. That game's too important.

Still I'm looking forward to playing Anniversary as I've never played the story of the original Halo!

343 worries me with the multiplayer... As they seem to listen to the people that B&M about everything.

I'm not a fan of the new gameplay "multiplayer gameplay" at all. I have a bad feeling they're going to turn me away from Halo. I mean, I'll wait and see what Halo 4 plays like online... but... I'm not as sold on 343 as I once was.

Well I think anniversary was a different case since they had to work with a lot of the original content and build of Halo: CE. That's why they couldn't do 4 player co-op at all.

Well I think anniversary was a different case since they had to work with a lot of the original content and build of Halo: CE. That's why they couldn't do 4 player co-op at all.
Makes sense :up:

I liked the big maps 343 did for Reach so there is some sign of good work. With fresh code to work with I'm hopeful they can deliver a game that moves the industry forward next year.

Yeah Benstamania I play Gears MP a fair bit (not too good at it!) & Epic is constantly changing things due to B&Ming idiots on their forum.

343 Industries has plenty of people who worked on the Halo 2 MP. I would have thought more Halo purists would be please with that propsect.

Eeeeeeeegghhh.

The thing is, 343 seems like it's listening to the "loudest voice" and the loudest voice isn't always the BEST voice.. Know what I mean?

I am a big Halo fan... my friends and I have been playing Halo MP since Combat Evolved LAN parties... but we're all kind of worried about future Halo installments. I'm not writing it off, I'm going to buy Halo 4 when it comes out.. but I really hope that it's not just the "meh" it is now.

Also, so help me.. They need to get RID of friggin' Forge or at least have it be its own playlist. I never get to play the maps I paid for.. It's always some stupid grey forge map that looks exactly like the forge map I just played. I'd also be all for them giving "Slayer" it's own playlist.. both Big Team, Multi-Team or 6 vs 6 Slayer. I hate when I go to play a Big Team game people always pick One Bomb on a stupid forge map over Big Team Slayer on a legit map.

Damn, when does the news start for this game?

There better be a beta. It'd be stupid for MS/343 NOT to have one. The beta worked perfectly for 3, Reach & Gears 3, plus it's a good marketing tool.

With all the impressive and varied talent they've been hiring at 343, Halo 4 better be both spectacular and totally different than previous games. I'll be pretty disappointed otherwise.

The video showing off Halo 4's concept art was great. If the game can capture the atmosphere in that artwork, it could be the best-looking Halo game to date.

Can't help you there, I've only played Arena once and didn't even know what was going on after I got my ass kicked.

On another note they've announced the "Defiant Map Pack" coming next month with 3 new maps.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1149291p1.html

This game is new for me and yet i have not seen its trailer or promo so if any have further information about this game and if any have the trailer then please share it.

Flash Games

Last edited:
you've not heard of Halo Reach?

With all the impressive and varied talent they've been hiring at 343, Halo 4 better be both spectacular and totally different than previous games. I'll be pretty disappointed otherwise.
I've not been keeping up with this. What guys have 343 hired? Would be very interested to know.

Just popping in for a few words.

I have never been a Halo fan, I've always found it a series that is stunningly average, repetitive, and with shoddy level design and even shoddier story - other than the first one, which is honestly damn great, and the first few levels of Halo 2, the series has always left me disappointed and pissed me off because reviewers throw out perfect scores at it so freely and gamers everywhere radically declare it as the greatest game of all time.

And sure, the multiplayer has always been solid, but a so called perfect game, like many claim Halo is, shouldn't need an excuse - the latter half of Halo 2 is particularly dull.

HOWEVER. Having said all that, Halo Reach is awesome and very much surprised me. It's not perfect, no, it still suffers from a lot of typical Halo flaws, but it's by far the most polished up entry and it tells a good story, so I'd have to say, other than Combat Evolved, it's the best of the series.

On the armor thatyou buy,it says i need 10 kills with a needler on ODST.I have to play that game to get all the armor parts?

Played Halo Reach for the first time in a few months last night and I'm back in the swing of things. I don't touch the "anniversary playlist" but everything else is solid. It's like the tools left it for MW3 or something...

Just popping in for a few words.

I have never been a Halo fan, I've always found it a series that is stunningly average, repetitive, and with shoddy level design and even shoddier story - other than the first one, which is honestly damn great, and the first few levels of Halo 2, the series has always left me disappointed and pissed me off because reviewers throw out perfect scores at it so freely and gamers everywhere radically declare it as the greatest game of all time.

And sure, the multiplayer has always been solid, but a so called perfect game, like many claim Halo is, shouldn't need an excuse - the latter half of Halo 2 is particularly dull.

HOWEVER. Having said all that, Halo Reach is awesome and very much surprised me. It's not perfect, no, it still suffers from a lot of typical Halo flaws, but it's by far the most polished up entry and it tells a good story, so I'd have to say, other than Combat Evolved, it's the best of the series.

Nobody says it's perfect lol, it got a lot of praise coz it was the first game that proved a true FPS experience can be brought to a console. Plus it had huge levels and is one of the best split-screen multiplayer games.

I wish I could get back into Reach because I'm so close to becoming an Inheritor but I just can't deal with the community anymore. There''s a quitter, a teamkiller or an idler every other match. F**king lame. :down

I miss Halo 3. :(

Love playing in Sandtrap. I miss the days of Halo 3 multiplayer so much.

So I'm thinking of picking up Halo CE Anniversary finally but I'm a bit confused about what it comes with. Does it come with the entire Reach mp? I still have the Noble map pack on my HDD, If i play the mp on CE will I still be able to play the Noble maps and get the achievement associated with them even though I don't have Reach disc anymore?

Nobody says it's perfect lol, it got a lot of praise coz it was the first game that proved a true FPS experience can be brought to a console. Plus it had huge levels and is one of the best split-screen multiplayer games.

I wish I could get back into Reach because I'm so close to becoming an Inheritor but I just can't deal with the community anymore. There''s a quitter, a teamkiller or an idler every other match. F**king lame. :down

Yes, I agree, the first was very innovative for its time in that regard. But Halo 2 and 3? Very mediocre games, I thought, and yet they got near perfect or perfect scores from nearly every major game reviewer.

I will respect Halo for sticking to its guns and never changing too much, but I do think they have stuck TOO close to their original formula. Same weapons, same enemies, same vehicles, save for maybe 2 new additions in each game.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Hitman Blood Money, Half Life 2, those are perfect examples of how a sequel should be done. They took the core of what made the previous installments great, polished them up and added a whole new slew of features that went beyond just a new weapon, they actually changed the overall gameplay experience (ex, Sam's knife in CT, and the Gravity Gun and HL2).

Halo's sequels, on the other hand, have always felt like expansion packs with a new coat of paint on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"