Official Halo Thread

Well they were telling a trilogy narrative from the start so I can't really blame them for keeping the same enemies, but one of the things that bothers me is how much they changed the weapons and vehicles in each game. :huh: I'm a sucker for continuity and that stuff always sticks out.

Anyways the games got good reviews because of the hype surrounding the franchise and being the best online console games at the time of their respective release dates. I don't think you'll find anybody who will praise Halo 2's half-assed story lol.

Nobody says it's perfect lol, it got a lot of praise coz it was the first game that proved a true FPS experience can be brought to a console. Plus it had huge levels and is one of the best split-screen multiplayer games.
Surely Goldeneye/Perfect Dark beat them to that by a couple of years.

Awesome games but they didn't require precision.

Halo requires precision....?

You have a freaking huge crosshair and most battles boil down to SPRAY SPRAY SPRAY, MELEE, SPRAY, GRENADE.

It ain't a bad thing, it's certainly fun for a while, but it certainly doesn't require precision.
The only games where precision is really key are usually tactical shooters, like Brothers in Arms or Rainbow Six.

Why do I have to explain this... :o

Precision. Aiming. Same difference.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark have auto-aim. And as much as I loved the Turok games they were a b**ch to play.

ODST, IMHO remains the best Halo to date. At least campaign. I wish we would have got stand alone MP for that game where you played as ODST and NOT Spartans.

ODST, IMHO remains the best Halo to date. At least campaign. I wish we would have got stand alone MP for that game where you played as ODST and NOT Spartans.

That's the only one I haven't played.
What makes it the best?

I enjoyed Reach a lot for the most part, is it comparable?

I just really, really like the campaign. Very well done story.

Same here. ODST has easily the best story. It's also got Nathan Fillion and that is always a plus.

North is in everything. So he's not so special anymore.

w4n7a.jpg

At the time he was, haha. I was playing War for Cybertron the other day and I know he voices Brawl... but then I heard him as ever random Decepticon soldier.

With all the impressive and varied talent they've been hiring at 343, Halo 4 better be both spectacular and totally different than previous games. I'll be pretty disappointed otherwise.
i agree, but im still kinda skeptical about it. why would they pick up where Halo 3 left off?? you'd think that with the Covenant and the Flood gone, there wouldnt be much else in the Haloverse. it'd better have a kick-ass storyline, thats all i gotta say.:xbox:

The Halo books show that there is still a LOT more in the Halo universe. Best case scenario (from the characters POV) it's JUST a Cold War with the Elites as opposed to all-out war starting again, The Flood is definitely not gone, and a bunch of spoilers reveal there are more threats as well. There's still four more Halos they need to find as well.

I have a feeling Chief will be in Forrunner armor by the end of Halo 4.

Yep. Halo 4's Master Chief.

Halo-4-Master-Chief-Action-Figure.jpg

Last edited:
Halo 1 Master Chief continues to be the best Master Chief.

Edit: However....

scaled.php

Last edited:
I like Halo 2/3 armor over Halo 1. I even like that armor that some seem to not like.

A lot.

I think the Halo 4 armor looks great.

Halo4 better have armor customization that affects gameplay and gun customization to compete with another COD and whatever else comes out this X-Mas.

I don't think Halo 4 needs to dumb itself down to be like COD at all... Why would it need to lose it's uniqueness when it's already proven itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"