Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The online crowd is entirely different from the superbowl crowd. MoS could cannibalise IM3 mind share if they decided to establish a good online presence against the film. The response to the initial trailer was considerably bigger than that of IM3.

Not entirely sure thats true given the amount of views for the Iron Man 3 trailer compared to MOS is more than double with well over 50 million hits.

A little example. I have some friends at work who dont follow film production and when I mentioned a new superman film was coming out, they were like ''really?" ''didn't care for the last one.''
I then had to go through the whole process of telling them that it was a reboot with a new cast. I even showed them the trailer on yahoo. they liked it.

Well try an experiment: Try asking the same friends at work about the film in about a month or two and perhaps closer to IM3's release especially if there's been no trailer or TV spot and see if they still remember much about the film or it's release date. :yay:

Not entirely sure thats true given the amount of views for the Iron Man 3 trailer compared to MOS is more than double with well over 50 million hits.

True, but that trailer has been out a FULL 2 months longer than the Man of Steel trailer and this is the 3rd and final installment of the Iron Man trilogy very fresh off the SENSATION of the Avengers huge blockbuster hit and build of last summer. Marvel is now in full throttle mode while Man of Steel was all but working off of a teaser trailer with no anticipation of a franchise that came before it that was fresh to the general public.

Also to take into consideration is where do the actual demographics lye within the internet community? Who is truly being targeted to the masses? Just a month or so ago, there was a poll on YAHOO.COM about 2013's most anticipated superhero movies. The poll showed yahoo's audience and their majority was looking forward to seeing Man of Steel over Iron Man 3, Thor and The Wolverine.

How many views does the Iron Man 3 Superbowl spot have compared to the Man Of Steel trailer? I can't see right now 'cause I'm on my phone.

Edit: Never mind! No comparison. Iron Man 3 is at 2.5 Million with MOS at close to 30

Last edited:
It doesnt translate into boxoffice .
Not guaranteed anyway.

I'm not interested in Iron Man 3 at all.

I am sure that more than a few people over at the IM forums who feel the same way about MOS.

Well, I don't speak for them. I speak for myself.

Iron Man 2 was a boring Piece of crap IMHO but Iron Man was great and so was Avengers. Plus with Shane Black writing and directing, I'm very excited. He wrote and directed Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. If you haven't seen it, it's worth a watch. One of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

It was just so boring. Waaaaaaay too much of the movie was spent in keynote speeches and senate hearings. Very little actually happened.

Creatively speaking I am certain both films will be better than their previous installments .

I'll go see IM3, only because this should be the blockbuster sendoff with treatment but by NO means am I going to see it twice. No true excitement for it. Just another movie to see. IM2 was JUST okay, first one was a sleeper but without Downey JR, it's a middle of the pack type flick. Man of Steel, however, I plan on going to see 3 times. I seriously lose sleep over MOS. Gonna ROCK the house down.

Cant say how many times i'll see mos until I see it the first time. I thought i'd be seeing sr a bunch as well. Saw it once at the theater.

Last edited:
Cant say how many times i'll see mos until I see at the first time. I thought i'd be seeing sr a bunch as well. Saw it once at the theater.
This post protrudes out like a sore thumb. Determining how many more times to see a film based on how much you liked it on your first viewing? I...is that logic I see?

Logic is overrated.

Cant say how many times i'll see mos until I see at the first time. I thought i'd be seeing sr a bunch as well. Saw it once at the theater.

I was the sane, I'd seen Batman Begins three times when it was out so I was convinced I'd see Superman Returns the same amount of times but after I watched it I was like oh ill just wait for the DVD. I tried to convince myself I loved it but I didn't I just liked it which isn't good enough for the greatest superhero of them all. I'm convinced Man of Steel will rectify this, I'll see it three times for sure one 2D, one 3D and maybe in IMAX or just a regular showing at the end of its run.

Iron Man 2 was a boring Piece of crap IMHO but Iron Man was great and so was Avengers. Plus with Shane Black writing and directing, I'm very excited. He wrote and directed Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. If you haven't seen it, it's worth a watch. One of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Justin Theroux wrote IM2, and he was also responsible for Tropic Thunder's screenplay, which is considered a hugely funny movie as well.

Justin Theroux wrote IM2, and he was also responsible for Tropic Thunder's screenplay, which is considered a hugely funny movie as well.

That's a good point. But Favreu and Downy improvised a lot too. They rarely stuck to the script. With Shane Black writing AND directing it should be different.

That's a good point. But Favreu and Downy improvised a lot too. They rarely stuck to the script. With Shane Black writing AND directing it should be different.

They stuck to the script, but they improvised some the dialogue. That may also be the case with Shane Black. RDJ seems like the kind of guy who will share his input.

They stuck to the script, but they improvised some the dialogue. That may also be the case with Shane Black. RDJ seems like the kind of guy who will share his input.

Iron Man 2 was filmed during the writers strike. They had one draft with few revisions. They improvised a lot more than what is normal because they had to. They stuck with the story they had, because they couldn't make many revisions on that level. They did the best they could with what they had. Transformers 2 was also made during the writers strike. And it shows.

As bad as SR was I saw it 3 times. The only good thing about that movie was Marlon Brando, and he was dead. I am a sucker because Superman is my all time favorite comic book hero. I plan on seeing MOS an infinite amount of times..........:woot:

Iron Man 3 looks better than the last one obviously, but i still say....."Who cares??"....

It honestly looks like a Dark Knight Rises rip-off so im not that interested.

Im curious as to when the next MOS trailer will be out. Early April? With crazy promotion in May leading into June?? For some reason that still feels like a long ways off. The general audience should get something by late March instead so they're more aware there's a new Superman. Then drop something extra in May and they're set.

As bad as SR was I saw it 3 times. The only good thing about that movie was Marlon Brando, and he was dead. I am a sucker because Superman is my all time favorite comic book hero. I plan on seeing MOS an infinite amount of times..........:woot:
LOL! if u thought it was that bad, why would u see it more than once?? especially 3 times. That would be like me going to see Batman Forever like 3 times. Stupid movie but i even liked it more than Superman Returns and i still wouldnt have seen it twice.

LOL! if u thought it was that bad, why would u see it more than once?? especially 3 times. That would be like me going to see Batman Forever like 3 times. Stupid movie but i even liked it more than Superman Returns and i still wouldnt have seen it twice.
I could never say no to a Brando movie, even if he is room temperature...:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"