Official 'The Hobbit' Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im surprised the goblins buried him. Doesnt seem like their nature.

Could be that they wanted to send a message to any travelers/dwarves wondering though the mines.

There were some dwarfs still alive after. They had time to bury him and write the diary Gandalf reads. That diary by the way belonged to [BLACKOUT]Ori[/BLACKOUT] just before he died.
ah, Right.

Which would be just before Balin goes off to reclaim Moria, correct?

Yes... During Aragorn's hard labours against the cause of Sauron's increased power, Balin leaves Erebor and enters Moria only to be perished. :( This happens 11 years prior to Bilbo's feast.

Last edited:
[BLACKOUT]Oin[/BLACKOUT] died there too not his brother as I said before this was edited.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen The Hobbit more than once? I feel like it's a movie that will get better with repeat viewings.

There were some dwarfs still alive after. They had time to bury him and write the diary Gandalf reads. That diary by the way belonged to [BLACKOUT]Ori[/BLACKOUT] just before he died.

I didnt know he died.:( Just read that [blackout]Thorin[/blackout] dies in the Battle of the Five armies.:(

I've seen it twice already. Im seeing it again tomorrow for a third time. And yes, It does get better with each viewing.

Okay, so can anyone answer if the scouring of the shire, and the gollum / frodo vision is on the bluray extended editions?

Not within the films. The vision Frodo has of the Shire being enslaved is all they ever intended on showing. As for Faramir seeing Frodo "becoming" another gollum (if that's what you mean), they talk about it in the behind the scenes, and show make up tests and a little bit of filming the scene.

I love the film But I'll wait for the extended edition to see it again

Seen it three times and it gets better every time.

Not within the films. The vision Frodo has of the Shire being enslaved is all they ever intended on showing. As for Faramir seeing Frodo "becoming" another gollum (if that's what you mean), they talk about it in the behind the scenes, and show make up tests and a little bit of filming the scene.

Ah, what a shame. Thanks for the response, I plan on grabbing the Bluray EE's soon.:cwink:

Nope. I didnt even care for the original three until last spring (I had seen em, but never been able to enjoy them until then.)

Has anyone seen The Hobbit more than once? I feel like it's a movie that will get better with repeat viewings.

I need to watch the film in 48fps. I'm curious to see what that's like.

I didnt know he died.:( Just read that [blackout]Thorin[/blackout] dies in the Battle of the Five armies.:(

I'm wondering if they'll change the fate of some of these characters.

I'm planning on seeing it in 48fps tomorrow.

Nope. I didnt even care for the original three until last spring (I had seen em, but never been able to enjoy them until then.)

Well glad to hear you have come around. You are in for a treat. The FOTR EE imo a damn near perfect film. All the EE add some good character bits and backstory. ROTK EE has some dud scenes but that is purely my opinion much of it was good to very good.

Dont know if you are aware but

FOTR EE adds 27 minutes
TTT EE adds 43 minutes
ROTK EE adds over an hour

So you have a lot of new material, and there are four commentaries for each film, and 6 discs of documentaries, production art, models etc totaling 20+ hours. Enjoy.:)

Saw it for the first time on Sunday. I really enjoyed it. It's not without a few issues but it's got some great performances and I didn't feel like it was too bloated.

Yeah and he saw his tomb that the goblins left him in.

fX9O7.jpg
I do wonder why the Moria Goblins left Balins body alone for usually they feast on flesh but maybe Goblins do have some since of Code to a King or leader. While Orcs are just nastier.

I was wondering did PJ decide to make Goblins and Orcs 2 different races because Gandalf tells Bilbo the blade glows Blue when Orcs and Goblins are nearby.

Well glad to hear you have come around. You are in for a treat. The FOTR EE imo a damn near perfect film. All the EE add some good character bits and backstory. ROTK EE has some dud scenes but that is purely my opinion much of it was good to very good.

FOTR EE adds 27 minutes
TTT EE adds 43 minutes

So you have a lot of new material, and there are four commentaries for each film, and 6 discs of documentaries, production art, models etc totaling 20+ hours. Enjoy.:)
I wonder if they will do cast and director commentary tracks for the Hobbit EE.

FOTR EE adds 27 minutes
TTT EE adds 43 minutes

Oh hell yeah! Can't wait. :up: :D

I've done the math, all 6 EE movies + all the extras = to about 30 hours.

People are just upset that The Hobbit story isn't apocalyptic like the LOTR.

That is one of the things I love about the Hobbit. I don't think the film however agrees.

I'm wondering if they'll change the fate of some of these characters.

Hmm im not sure. Im of two minds, on the one hand following these characters and losing them could be hard but then again it is supposed to be hard. Plus there is something in the fact that [blackout]the leader fights to reclaim his homeland and does reclaim it but he himself can not enter into that land.[/blackout] It would make for a somber yet triumphant ending.

Trigger Warning, Criticism Ahead.

Fellowship took a little while to get going, but at least those parts were actually part of its story.

The Bag End scenes with Old Bilbo and Frodo at the beginning of this film were tacked on though they weren't that long seemed to drag due to being kind of stilted.

I liked that they brought Ian Holm back, but it really could have just been done with him writing and narrating, similar to the Galadriel voiceover from Fellowship.

Instead they spend time positioning the scenes within the context of Fellowship which wasn't really needed.

I like how it shows old Bilbo writing the story. This film is very consistent with LOTR. Also I thought it was fun to see Frodo. I think it's necessary because of how they plan to bridge the films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"