Person Of Interest - Part 3

Woof,this might explain why his character took more of a backseat role to Root and Shaw in those last few seasons.

Wanted to post a Twitter thread about what some POI crew members have said about working with Caviezel, but there are f-bombs in it.

But a short summary: he refused to do a scene where he would save a gay couple, he couldn’t be trusted with sharp objects so the crew would put Reese in a balaclava and have a stunt man do what needed to be done and on several occasions he actually needed to be told to stop bringing up Hitler.

That’s not entirely true.

He refused to do it at first, but relented when the producers explained to him that the firefighters at 9/11 (who Jim idolizes) didn’t ask the sexuality of someone before they saved them.

That’s not entirely true.

He refused to do it at first, but relented when the producers explained to him that the firefighters at 9/11 (who Jim idolizes) didn’t ask the sexuality of someone before they saved them.

That’s the thing. He didn’t do it because it was the right thing to do. He did it because the people he admires did it and didn’t want to let them down. There’s a difference. And him relenting still doesn’t absolve him of his homophobia and other s****y behavior.

Five years since the last episode aired and I'm just finishing up rewatching the series again. Love this show. Never going to forget Michael Emerson showing up to an interview to drop that there was a deleted scene of someone riding off on a motorcycle. Give me the scene, damn you, Nolan :argh:

**** Jim Caviezel while we're here though. :o

Last edited:
Caviezel's whackjob ultra-right wing views aside, I did love this show while it was on. I also felt like it never truly got the respect it deserved, but I think that might've been likely due to the subject matter and Caviezel's presence. '

But Michael Emerson, Amy Acker, Sarah Shahi were all fantastic in this show. Also they built up a strong group of supporting characters and villains over the years. The show basically built its own Batman comic book rogues gallery

That said, I think the show did struggle to find its footing in the first season and the pilot. It wasn't really apparent until later that The Machine itself was a living, self-aware AI.

Also, they did put on some good action from time to time that was big budget movie level. This show came out post the end of 24. And there weren't a lot of quality action adventure shows on TV at the time. This show sort of filled that void.

Five years since the last episode aired and I'm just finishing up rewatching the series again. Love this show. Never going to forget Michael Emerson showing up to an interview to drop that there was a deleted scene of someone riding off on a motorcycle. Give me the scene, damn you, Nolan :argh:

**** Jim Caviezel while we're here though. :o
There is zero chance Root isn't alive. They drop so many obvious hints about it. Even if you hadn't told me, I would have figured it out.

God, is this show good. The way they constructed the final scene is special. That they did it with only 13 episodes and short shooting schedule is amazing. Root is the TV GOAT.

Wcv6k6r.gif

The shorter final season made the final season that much better. Virtually no filler.

The shorter final season made the final season that much better. Virtually no filler.
I wish it would have been the usual 23 for odd number seasons. You can tell they left a bunch on the table for Elias, Root/Shaw and no Clare. Also I am pretty sure Control would have returned. But they made it work overall. Especially the bookend.

There is zero chance Root isn't alive. They drop so many obvious hints about it. Even if you hadn't told me, I would have figured it out.

God, is this show good. The way they constructed the final scene is special. That they did it with only 13 episodes and short shooting schedule is amazing. Root is the TV GOAT.

Wcv6k6r.gif
I will repeat it until I'm blue in the face: there are too many weird things around that supposed death for me to buy that was how it was intended to go when they wrote and shot it.

God, i love it when i randomly come across people gushing over the show.
It was so underrated at its time...i think its time to rewatch it.

I wish it would have been the usual 23 for odd number seasons. You can tell they left a bunch on the table for Elias, Root/Shaw and no Clare. Also I am pretty sure Control would have returned. But they made it work overall. Especially the bookend.
IMHO shorter TV seasons > longer TV seasons.

This god damn gem of a show is brilliant and also how I got my username here. I remember starting it because it looked like a well-made procedural but then they just kept on raising the roof. The transition from a crime-fighting/solving show to a hard sci-fi show about artificial intelligence was just *chef’s kiss*. It’s easy to forget the little details but this show had so many great characters, plots, moments, action scenes. And they did a great job balancing the procedural cases alongside the serialised storyline.

But holy hell, I had no idea about Caviezel. What the absolute ****. I was also disappointed to learn that Taraji P. Henson didn’t have the best time on the show. That’s an actual bummer because I liked Detective Carter a lot and was sad to see her go.

It depends on what you do with the episodes. Season 3 and 4 are pretty close to perfect television for me, and that includes the majority of the "fluff", By the time the got around to those seasons, they had so much in play, so many characters and plot lines, they made it work effortlessly imo.

Last edited:
Anyone remember in which episode Shaw poses as a make up seller and it ends in a shoot out ?

Ehhh… kind of.

I think there’s definitely greater quality control, but it’s gone a little too far lately. Falcon and Winter Soldier being six episodes? Are we British now??

22-24 episodes is a tall order and with very few exceptions, there end up being a few stinkers. But as far as shorter runs go, 13 should be the standard. 10 at the very least.

Ehhh… kind of.

I think there’s definitely greater quality control, but it’s gone a little too far lately. Falcon and Winter Soldier being six episodes? Are we British now??

22-24 episodes is a tall order and with very few exceptions, there end up being a few stinkers. But as far as shorter runs go, 13 should be the standard. 10 at the very least.

I like 10-13.

Even some of the Marvel Netflix seasons were getting heavily padded at 13 when they didn't have 13 episodes of plot to stretch the story. Case in point Punisher S1 & 2.

10 favorite episodes for the anniversary:

Kp6zA8A.gif

GVK0GdF.gif

mEcuGwf.gif

Qs9zcHa.gif

08TiBHl.gif

5DwtoLc.gif

YI8vmo6.gif

TubzKUv.gif

PoQUrDq.gif

paLuira.gif

The Season 5 car chase shootout was epic, easily one of the greatest TV action chases ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"