7. BSOD
8. Asylum
9. The Day the World Went Away
10. The Devil's Share

I think this has to be my favorite scene in all of television this yr

[YT]OAABxd_KLAQ[/YT]

I think this has to be my favorite scene in all of television this yr

[YT]OAABxd_KLAQ[/YT]

That is a pretty badass Finch scene. Because Michael Emerson played the character in such and understated way, when he does show emotion (particularly anger) it really catches the audience's attention.

- I just wish that Finch had got to this point much earlier (as in mid-way through season 4, but I've already griped about how I felt the whole Samaritan storyline was too drawn out).

Personally, my favorite Finch moment is in season 3 Episode 21, after Grace has been kidnapped.

Finch is preparing to trade himself for Grace and is giving final instructions to Reese and Shaw and says:

"I'd like you to avoid violence if at all possible, but if they harm Grace in any way, kill them all."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w-m_Ry0uGY

Sigh. Emerson is such an underrated actor.

If you watched Westworld you can see how Nolan took some ideas from Person of Interest and continued exploring them in an other way.
You can clearly see the similarities between the Machine and the hosts.
Between Root and Arnold.

If you watched Westworld you can see how Nolan took some ideas from Person of Interest and continued exploring them in an other way.
You can clearly see the similarities between the Machine and the hosts.
Between Root and Arnold.[/QUOTE

We don't get Netflix here, when it comes out on DVD I'll check it out. Cheers.

Finally got to finish PoI after I had stopped watching it at the start of S4, kind of felt burned out on it by that point. Glad I came back to finish it.

Gutted to see John go in the finale, which was great, but it was coming...still reeling from it, manly tears were shed. The Reese-Finch dynamic made this show for me, it was a fitting end to it. I'll never forget Harold's line when John returned to help them out of a tough spot in S3 - "Mr Reese, I am inordinately happy to see you!". :waa:

Having said that, I'm not trying to downplay the rest of the characters on the show, or indeed all of the themes explored. Root was a grower, I was pretty annoyed by her at the beginning so much so that her sacrifice kind of hit surprisingly hard - oh, and don't mention that scene of her as the Machine in the finale, putting her hand on John's shoulder. :waa:

Speaking of which, I was anticipating her becoming a sort of conduit for the Machine at various points, I mean it was sort of obvious and made sense, but nice to see it coming to pass in the manner it did.

As for Fusco, well...you can't really not love Fusco. For me, Shaw was pretty much the only member of team Machine I didn't really connect with, felt her character was just a tad bit uninspired, although that's not to say Sarah didn't do a good job. But goddamn, I thought I was going to punch my screen when she killed John in that simulation.

I'll miss this show, but I'm glad Nolan and Plageman managed to finish their story in such a fitting and satisfying manner despite the less than ideal situation with the final season. I thought the last season was very good, felt the shorter amount of ep's and their focus on finishing the story led to a better-paced and tighter narrative.

Oh, and it would be amiss of me not to mention Djawadi's excellent soundtrack. :drl:

Sarah Shahi To Topline NBC’s Virtual Reality Thriller Drama Pilot ‘Reverie’
Penned by Fisher, Reverie is described as a grounded and dramatic thriller about Mara (Shahi), a former detective specializing in human behavior who is brought in when the launch of an advanced virtual reality program has dangerous and unintended consequences.
Far more appealing to me than taking Nancy Drew and making her an adult NYPD detective, but I don't trust NBC to not screw over good genre when it comes their way.

Sounds like the second half of this season's AGENTS OF S.H.I.L.D. and the 1999 series HARSH REALM.

Urgh,why cant they just leave V.R back in the 90s where it belongs.

1 year ago today. :(

[YT]av6x8PD0nXA[/YT]

1 year ago today. :(

[YT]av6x8PD0nXA[/YT]

Such a perfect end to the show, sad though it was.

I swear I got instant flashbacks to this once I heard the 'Bunsen Burner' track during Ex Machina.

Such a perfect end to the show, sad though it was.

I swear I got instant flashbacks to this once I heard the 'Bunsen Burner' track during Ex Machina.

Not to be confused with the other piece of music used in the finale - “Metamorphosis” by Philip Glass.

Metamorphosis is such a haunting bit of music... and damn, it's been a YEAR already?!?... I really DO miss Team Machine still... :csad:

Not to be confused with the other piece of music used in the finale - “Metamorphosis” by Philip Glass.

Indeed. Both are amazing and dovetailed seamlessly with each other during that finale.

Right in the feels.

If Caviezel got any of his crazy ass ideas into Michael Emerson’s head, I’m gonna throw hands.
I posted a link to a story about his conspiracy theories in the corona virus thread a little while ago.....forgot about this thread. I knew he could go to extremes about things....but to perpetuate Qanon nuttiness is just too much.

If Caviezel got any of his crazy ass ideas into Michael Emerson’s head, I’m gonna throw hands.
I posted a link to a story about his conspiracy theories in the corona virus thread a little while ago.....forgot about this thread. I knew he could go to extremes about things....but to perpetuate Qanon nuttiness is just too much.

Say it ain’t so. :(

Apparently Jimmy Conspiracy being a piece of garbage has been well known for a long time. I didn't find out until a few years ago, but yeah, the dude is complete trash.

Wanted to post a Twitter thread about what some POI crew members have said about working with Caviezel, but there are f-bombs in it.

But a short summary: he refused to do a scene where he would save a gay couple, he couldn’t be trusted with sharp objects so the crew would put Reese in a balaclava and have a stunt man do what needed to be done and on several occasions he actually needed to be told to stop bringing up Hitler.

Wanted to post a Twitter thread about what some POI crew members have said about working with Caviezel, but there are f-bombs in it.

But a short summary: he refused to do a scene where he would save a gay couple, he couldn’t be trusted with sharp objects so the crew would put Reese in a balaclava and have a stunt man do what needed to be done and on several occasions he actually needed to be told to stop bringing up Hitler.
I've made that joke about not wanting to save The Gays every time I watch the show, I am thoroughly unsurprised.

That makes me look at the show in a different light.
For some reason i kept thinking the show was before Caviezel turned crazy.

Same with Outlander which is a movie i really like...all after he lost his god damn mind.

That is why i keep fancasting to myself, because if we got my wish we would have had Caviezel as Batman and dumbnuts Gina Carano as Wonder Woman.
Imagine a Conspiracy nutjob as WW and a Religious lunatic as Batman...what a mess that would be. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"