Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea sorry Danoyse. I apologized to him now. But when people wanna act like little kids, I'm gonna treat em like little kids.

Yea sorry Danoyse. I apologized to him now. But when people wanna act like little kids, I'm gonna treat em like little kids.

No, you will not do that on these forums. Continue to disrespect others like that and you won't be posting here at all. I'm not going to warn you again.

Ahhh what is wrong with you Danoyse? I'm telling people to give logical arguments, not just go "This movie sucks" and you infract me for it. Nice.

That sorta stuff goes on all the time on these forums, but people don't get infracted for it.

Ahhh what is wrong with you Danoyse? I'm telling people to give logical arguments, not just go "This movie sucks" and you infract me for it. Nice.

That sorta stuff goes on all the time on these forums, but people don't get infracted for it.

People get infracted for it all the time. You are no exception. If you can't understand why your attitude is completely unacceptable, maybe you should take some time off to think about it.

If you would like to continue this conversation, please take to PMs and stop wasting everyone's time complaining about it here.

OK Danoyse, whatever. I have already apologized to the guy/girl and I have apologized to you.

No, you will not do that on these forums. Continue to disrespect others like that and you won't be posting here at all. I'm not going to warn you again.

Yeeesss Ms. Dannnoyseeee.....

(Sorry, you sounded like a teacher for a sec. :hehe:)

If you said why you thought it sucked and I missed it, then I sincerely apologize. But in a review thread, when someone just says "This movie sucked" I can't take them seriously.
We good, homie...

I just watched the film a second time hoping that it would "grow on me" and I would come to love it... NOPE!! Now I actually am appalled even further than before

...honestly my favorite parts of the film were the unjustified cameos... seeing Wade Wilson, Cyclops and Gambit were treats other than that... this film BLEW!! I have absolutely nothing positive to say about any Wolverine/Sabretooth/Weapon X screentime.

My friend brought this to my attention and I think it's actually true: They tried to make Wolverine's claws the stars of the film. ...didn't work for me...

There was more to their relationship than "enemies until they make up at the end". Much more.

Didn't you sense that Creed was sad just as much as angry that his little brother, who he took care of, up and left him because he "was done"? The whole speech at the start "We stick together no matter what". Well Logan betrayed that. He didn't stick with his older brother no matter what. I don't feel sorry for Creed because he was a bastard, but there is definitely some things there to think about.

And then there was him trying corrupt Logan, make him embrace his animal side. The jealousy that his younger brother could take the adamantium operation but he couldn't.

Sorry, Ace, but I think you're over-analyzing. You could go through any bad or cheesy movie and nit-pick a scene or two out. Every film has depth, but it matters if it's good and not something we've seen a million times before. Also, this film is entertainment, not a "thinking" movie. It's basically a film which people go to see and turn their brain off for 90+ minutes. That's why I think it had little depth, whether cheesy or not. It tries to explore Wolverine's dark past and show the world the true animal he really is, but loses itself in the poorly done action scenes, cheesy dialogue and characters, and a bad revenge script. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Also, you're a hypocrite. You rag somebody for saying "This film sucks, bottom line." like it's fact, but then you say people need to get their brain examined if they think this film had no depth. "Everyone's a critic, my friend."

edit: Sorry, I didn't notice he was banned.

Still haven't seen it but I'd like to just for the heck of it. But I think they need to reboot all X-MEN movies, Singer ruined them from the start with changing everything and missing out on characters personalities and even accents.

And don't ever let Singer near another comic book film. Nuff said!

Unfortuantely, until Fox loses the rights to the X-verse we are going to be seeing more and more of Singers unimaginative and boring version of the X-verse.

So much wasted potential.....

I loved this film. IMO, it was right up there with X3. and you know what, i didnt hate x-men 3, so please dont think im bagging on this film. my only problem is with many others complaints : it was basically, a cameo movie. I'd say, make it 20 minutes longer, and add more screentime for the others. did they mess-up deadpool? oh yes, to no extent, but i thought the end fight sequence was, probably the coolest fight seen i have seen from a marvel movie since spider-man 3, hell, spider-man 1 even. I eagerly await the dvd/bluray release of the film,the sequel, and the other spinoffs.

just my 2 cents.

I loved this film. IMO, it was right up there with X3. and you know what, i didnt hate x-men 3, so please dont think im bagging on this film. my only problem is with many others complaints : it was basically, a cameo movie. I'd say, make it 20 minutes longer, and add more screentime for the others. did they mess-up deadpool? oh yes, to no extent, but i thought the end fight sequence was, probably the coolest fight seen i have seen from a marvel movie since spider-man 3, hell, spider-man 1 even. I eagerly await the dvd/bluray release of the film,the sequel, and the other spinoffs.

just my 2 cents.

Yep, I liked X3 as well but I think Wolverine beats that film easily. That end fight sequence you mentioned is a comic book brought to life and I loved every minute of it. From Wolverine using his claws to summersault and pop up after Weapon XI knocked him out of the hanger to the final killing blow, that sequence was the best of summer so far.

3 months to the DVD/BR... the wait is killing meee!

I loved the final fight on the nuclear reactor, eps when Woly and Sabe went back to back.. corny, but emotional

Yep, I liked X3 as well but I think Wolverine beats that film easily. That end fight sequence you mentioned is a comic book brought to life and I loved every minute of it. From Wolverine using his claws to summersault and pop up after Weapon XI knocked him out of the hanger to the final killing blow, that sequence was the best of summer so far.

3 months to the DVD/BR... the wait is killing meee!

I loved the final fight on the nuclear reactor, eps when Woly and Sabe went back to back.. corny, but emotional

:applaud:bow::up:

I freakin LOVED the final action sequence. When I remember of the movie, that scene comes to mind with Weapon XI beating Logan and Creed at the same time.

I loved the final fight, but IMO that is second to the early part where Agent Zero yanks out his guns and kills everyone in range! And then theres the Wade Spinning Sword thing and everyone else's 'power display', including Blob...
The whole sequence was magnificant

So I watched this again. The first 15-20 minutes or so is great. That's about it. In my opinion, they completely missed the mark on the rest, especially Wolverine's character (which should be the most important part in a movie about Wolverine).

I have to say after watching the 2-1/2 hours of noise that was Transformers 2 this morning, I like Wolverine even more now.

I have to say after watching the 2-1/2 hours of noise that was Transformers 2 this morning, I like Wolverine even more now.

it was that bad huh? i mean, i've heard plenty of unfavorable reviews of TF2..idk,asi havent seen it yet..but it might be like me this way :

spider-man 3>>>>>>>>>>>X-men Origins : Wolverine (loved these two, eagerly await the sequels)

whereas

transformers 2>>>>>>>>>> Jurassic Park III (pretty good,not bad, just..not the best)

as i said, it all depends until i see ROTF...

Revenge of the Fallen is terrible, truely embarassing... Childish, sex humor all over the place, and robots that look as serious as those from Futurama (no kidding)

I had high hopes for Wolverine. I had no hopes for Transformers 2 so Wolverine let me down more.

I had high hopes for Wolverine. I had no hopes for Transformers 2 so Wolverine let me down more.
I used the same ruler to meassure both films, so Transfomers let me down more :woot:

Revenge of the Fallen is terrible, truely embarassing... Childish, sex humor all over the place, and robots that look as serious as those from Futurama (no kidding)

It was like the whole movie was written by 13-year-old boys on a sugar high. :whatever:

I don't have any high expectations for Transformers. I never watched the cartoon and rarely played with the toys as a kid. But the first movie was a lot of fun and I just hoping for more of the same here. And while I enjoyed the action scenes (especially the last half-hour), just everything in the middle was dreadful.

Wolverine and Transformers definitely needed to trade runtimes.

I'd take TF2 over Wolverine any day of the week. I think I probably would've enjoyed Wolverine more if I had never read a Wolverine comic in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"