Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love both films, but Wolverine over ROTF for me... yes, Wolvy could have been longer, and ROTF certainly could have been shorter!

getting both on DVD when they come out

so i saw HP6 today...and TF2 last weekend...scores :

XMO:W - 9/10
HP6 - 10/10
TF2 - 4/10

so i saw HP6 today...and TF2 last weekend...scores :

XMO:W - 9/10
HP6 - 10/10
TF2 - 4/10

HP6 is tat good and TF2 is tat bad eh...
i havent watched HP6, but i kinda agree with your ranking but not scoring

HP6 is tat good and TF2 is tat bad eh...
i havent watched HP6, but i kinda agree with your ranking but not scoring

i hated ROTF. it was terribly bad, but hey, one man's trash, is another man's treasure, so..

i wont fail ROTF... i would give it a 6 or 7 at most... XOW gets a 9 from me

I saw HP6 today, finally. Loved it. :up:

(and I was practically tearing up at the end of this one, I am never going to get through Deathly Hallows) :csad:

(and I was practically tearing up at the end of this one, I am never going to get through Deathly Hallows) :csad:

yeah sadly ive ran into several people who were disappointed by it... but i loved it.. and was teary at the end :(

where you LMAOing at the harry potter high on felix felecis scene?

merge the non spoiler and spoiler thread and lets get talking about a wolverine 2!

merge the non spoiler and spoiler thread and lets get talking about a wolverine 2!:wolverine

i lost interest in the Harry Potter Series maybe b/c i didn't watch the last one. i might check it out on DVD though. but XOW kicked major @$$. they should've just left the Deadpool ending during the credits and the after credits cliffhanger. no Stryker ending. i wonder if we will see more alternate endings on DVD??

According to the preview video in the DVD thread, there will be an alternate ending on the DVD release. No idea what it is, though.

I just watched I give it 4/10. A lot of the characters seemed to be there just to get Logan to point A to point B. I must say though I loved Danny Huston's performance.

I just watched this the other day. I'd say that yeah i liked XO:W. But I also liked ROTF. And I was disappointed by Harry Potter. tho, I did love the Harry Potter high on the potion moment.

6/10.
Pros:
- Hugh as Wolvie was awesome as normal.
- Although he didn't have the look I wanted Sabortooth was fantastic.
- Gambit held up well, could have had more time of him and less of others.

Middle Ground:
- Too many plot holes in Marvel history for me.
- The Weapon X scene looked nothing like the flash back in X2, why not make it look the same, its the same studio, I'm sure they have the same plans!?
-I can see WHY no blood was used when he stabbed or slashed people, but some could have made it better at least. They used it in X2.
- Some of the characters seemed thrown in for the sake of it (and the sake that Fox can keep ruining that man)

Cons:
- The cgi was at times really bad.
- The X-men kids I didn't like at all, messes with that trilogy too much.
- Deadpool ... what the hell!!
- Will I Am ... no need from him nor his character to be in it.

I was looking at the IMDB boards for the movie and people sure are quick to describe it as awful, but they're not wording it right. The movie was merely mediocre, not awful. X3 (eventhough to me it never happened) was awful. Origins just has
too many plotholes and stuff that it didn't do right. A bit disappointing, but not
awful.

I'm actually going to watch this movie legit when it comes out on DVD next week. Didn't like the workprint version but atleast I get to see naked Hugh again.

Personally and I'm sure this post will get ignored. On paper Origins sounded like a pretty good idea and the concept was nice. But the execution of the plot, the characters, and everything else was poorly conceived and watered down for studio executives.

I just wish we saw more of the animalistic nature of Logan and saw more rage from him. He still seemed too tamed and it's hard to visualize that this is the same character from X1 and X2. Granted, we're talking about different storylines and timelines in general.

But I would think he'd be more vicious and more of a rogue loner before joining the X-Men, you know?

Only thing I did like actually was when he was about to kill Stryker for shooting him with the adamantium bullet.

They should release the X-Men Blu-Ray DVD trilogy consisting of this film, X1 and X2. They fit together perfectly. I’m not in the “X3 was worse then Katrina or the Holocaust” camp but that film belongs on its own.

In terms of high adventure, X-Men Origins: Wolverine is "The Man Who Would Be King". (Now I know why they kept referring to that book in X2) The acting is superb. The story is simplistic but that’s not a bad thing. Every character feels believable (for wild powered mutants) . This movie delivers on its characters, and the action scenes are some of the best I’ve ever seen. Wolverine growls, broods, hacks and slashes, Gambit proves why he is a fan favorite, Sabretooth is a vicious bastard with a slight hint of the Hannibal Lecter mystique, I even enjoyed Ryan Reynolds’ character even though hardcore Deadpool fans bust a nut when talking about it. Most of the new characters really shine even if their appearance is just a cameo or glorified cameo. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and it was all that I hoped it would be. My only complaint is that I wanted more, kind of like after I saw X-Men 1. I hope I don’t have to wait until 2012 to see more.

There ya go. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and I can't wait to own it next week.

Some enjoyable parts but overall a bad movie and easily the worst X-men movie. The opening credits were really good but the movie had some really cheesy cliched scenes. 5/10

Went to my local video store again for my dad and the owner and a friend of mine were putting up Wolverine on the shelf. My dad really wanted to see it so the girl I know let me rent it out for free.

Brought it home to my dad and he didn't care for it too much. He said the opening credits were amazing, he did like Liev as Victor, and he thought Gambit was cool. But he said the story was lacking and the acting wasn't as strong as it could've been.

From my perspective on watching it again I just view it more as a missed opportunity than the worst film. There are so many aspects I would've done differently if I were a writer or director of this film.

1. The Weapon X procedure would've stayed the same as it was in X2. The watering down and the brightening of the colors took away the brutality of the experiment. Whenever I read the comics/graphic novels and yes, I know the story and the characters, in my mind it needed to be more brutal, gritty, and violent than what was shown.

X2, in my opinion, captured the procedure the way I always read it and visioned it in my head.

2. I would've just included Agent Zero, Silver Fox, Victor, and Wade as part of the Weapon X group. The adding of Blob and Will I Am's character added nothing to the storyline.

3. Their trips or their violent past didn't strike a chord for me. It never felt as though they were bad guys or wanted to do anything harmful. Just seemed like a bunch of guys who were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

4. More Gambit would've been nice. I probably would've had Xavier notice him from a distance and possibly talk to him. But what Gambit was utilized very poorly in this film and it's a shame because he's one of my favorite characters. He could've been developed properly if Fox allowed Singer to include him in his films.

5. More Wade. Seriously he was perfect in this film and he could've been expanded more with more scenes. I would've loved to have seen him piss Stryker off so much that Stryker just sewed his mouth shut. Of course, leaving things to the imagination is good too. You wonder what he was saying or talking about to have his mouth sewn shut.

6. The fight sequences were still too watered down. When I visioned Victor and Logan fighting I think of bones breaking and flesh being torn like two vicious animals in the wilderness. Granted none of the films have managed to capture the essence of Logan's style of fighting or Victor's style of fighting faithfully.

Hell, none of the films in my opinion captured action in the right or faithful manner.

Went to my local video store again for my dad and the owner and a friend of mine were putting up Wolverine on the shelf. My dad really wanted to see it so the girl I know let me rent it out for free.

Brought it home to my dad and he didn't care for it too much. He said the opening credits were amazing, he did like Liev as Victor, and he thought Gambit was cool. But he said the story was lacking and the acting wasn't as strong as it could've been.

From my perspective on watching it again I just view it more as a missed opportunity than the worst film. There are so many aspects I would've done differently if I were a writer or director of this film.

1. The Weapon X procedure would've stayed the same as it was in X2. The watering down and the brightening of the colors took away the brutality of the experiment. Whenever I read the comics/graphic novels and yes, I know the story and the characters, in my mind it needed to be more brutal, gritty, and violent than what was shown.

X2, in my opinion, captured the procedure the way I always read it and visioned it in my head.

2. I would've just included Agent Zero, Silver Fox, Victor, and Wade as part of the Weapon X group. The adding of Blob and Will I Am's character added nothing to the storyline.

3. Their trips or their violent past didn't strike a chord for me. It never felt as though they were bad guys or wanted to do anything harmful. Just seemed like a bunch of guys who were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

4. More Gambit would've been nice. I probably would've had Xavier notice him from a distance and possibly talk to him. But what Gambit was utilized very poorly in this film and it's a shame because he's one of my favorite characters. He could've been developed properly if Fox allowed Singer to include him in his films.

5. More Wade. Seriously he was perfect in this film and he could've been expanded more with more scenes. I would've loved to have seen him piss Stryker off so much that Stryker just sewed his mouth shut. Of course, leaving things to the imagination is good too. You wonder what he was saying or talking about to have his mouth sewn shut.

6. The fight sequences were still too watered down. When I visioned Victor and Logan fighting I think of bones breaking and flesh being torn like two vicious animals in the wilderness. Granted none of the films have managed to capture the essence of Logan's style of fighting or Victor's style of fighting faithfully.

Hell, none of the films in my opinion captured action in the right or faithful manner.

Yes yes yes pretty much sums up how I feel.

The film is a total missed opportunity, why water things down to this level when the other films showed his Origins in the more brutal way!?!

It's the same studio, a ******ed one yes, but you'd think they'd at least go "So we did it like this in X2 how about making it like this but extending it for over and hour or so!?"

It's the same studio, a ******ed one yes, but you'd think they'd at least go "So we did it like this in X2 how about making it like this but extending it for over and hour or so!?"

Well, to be fair, it was only about a 30 second flashback sequence in X2, and we can't expect the studio/writers/whoever to act like die-hard fans like we do.

...Still, they could've at least tried to do something grittier, even if no
one remembered that particular sequence. :cmad: Hello, source material!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"