Rebels Rebels Season 2: An Open Discussion - Part 1

Filoni's interview with IGN (here: http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/03/...ni-on-ahsokas-fate-mauls-return-and-much-more ) he mentions that the Empire sort of becomes less mystical and technological based as it becomes a bigger war machine. Seems like a pretty good time to introduce one of the biggest non-mystical SW villains ever.

He said he's got something big to announce at celebration....
It would be a different threat. A bit like Tarkin, but could actually die so it could really work imo.

It would be a different threat. A bit like Tarkin, but could actually die so it could really work imo.

I'm pretty sure [BLACKOUT] His introduction in Season 3 is set up for his role in the Aftermath novels,where I assume he'll be the bridge villain for that trilogy of novels setting up the rise of the First Order. [/BLACKOUT] They make mention that the "Operator" was assumed dead in the Unknown Regions.

You can see Ahsoka in the tunnel at the end. Like Ive said before Ahsoka has too much potential value to the franchise at this point . So they left her alive but with a bit of mystery about her current condition.

You can see Ahsoka in the tunnel at the end. Like Ive said before Ahsoka has too much potential value to the franchise at this point . So they left her alive but with a bit of mystery about her current condition.
I think it was ambiguous, but I also think she is dead. Can't imagine Vader just limping away, while she is fine. I think it was metaphor, relating back to her final episode of TCW. Walking away from Anakin, though this time into darkness.

My only real complaint is Ezra. He was more gullible and foolish than Anakin in ROTS.

And a nitpick: the way they cut away from some of the lightsaber violence. What they were cutting away from was no worse than some of the injuries and violence in Clone Wars.

My only real complaint is Ezra. He was more gullible and foolish than Anakin in ROTS.

And a nitpick: the way they cut away from some of the lightsaber violence. What they were cutting away from was no worse than some of the injuries and violence in Clone Wars.
Ezra anger makes a lot of sense. But how he is so willing to just not listen to Kanan bothers me.

I think it was ambiguous, but I also think she is dead. Can't imagine Vader just limping away, while she is fine. I think it was metaphor, relating back to her final episode of TCW. Walking away from Anakin, though this time into darkness.

She was moving in the tunnel. If they were going to kill her they wouldn't have done it off screen. Seems obvious they did it the way they did it so that the character can be used by Filoni, other writers, or showrunners if they ever want to.

She was moving in the tunnel. If they were going to kill her they wouldn't have done it off screen. Seems obvious they did it the way they did it so that the character can be used by Filoni, other writers, or showrunners if they ever want to.
Yes they would. Filoni most certainly would, because he adores her and didn't want to kill her but knows he kind of has to. But she almost has to be gone. How does she survive that? How does Vader just let her live and walk away?

I thought it was telling that when discussing future plans for Ahsoka, he kept heading back to what we didn't see in TCW.

Ezra anger makes a lot of sense. But how he is so willing to just not listen to Kanan bothers me.

Yeah, hopefully thats dealt with next season. The end of this episode made it clear that he knows he ****ed up, but what he did is not the sort of thing that should be made ok by some tears. His haste to trust a complete stranger that he met on the freaking sith homeworld and his willingness to ignore his friend, Master, and dare I say, surrogate father, points to some serious issues in the foundation of Ezra's training. Kanan better work on that ****.

Yeah, hopefully thats dealt with next season. The end of this episode made it clear that he knows he ****ed up, but what he did is not the sort of thing that should be made ok by some tears. His haste to trust a complete stranger that he met on the freaking sith homeworld and his willingness to ignore his friend, Master, and dare I say, surrogate father, points to some serious issues in the foundation of Ezra's training. Kanan better work on that ****.
I guess Ezra's time alone has a lot to do with it, but at some point the kid needs to learn. Maybe when he starts dating Sabine, she will straighten him out. :funny:

I can understand Maul being able to get under the kid's skin; he's grieving and probably feeling like **** and Maul was trained by the best. I'm more surprised/weirded out by the fact that Ahsoka didnt make a bigger issue of Maul. The guy killed Satine and personally did his best to make Obi-Wan miserable, surely she knows better.

I can understand Maul being able to get under the kid's skin; he's grieving and probably feeling like **** and Maul was trained by the best. I'm more surprised/weirded out by the fact that Ahsoka didnt make a bigger issue of Maul. The guy killed Satine and personally did his best to make Obi-Wan miserable, surely she knows better.
I agree with this. Ahsoka was very hands offish, though maybe she didn't want to interfere in the master/apprentice relationship. Still, she should have gutted him on the spot. It is Maul. Nothing the guy does is good.

Maybe they had a cut arc together in TCW or something. But it's very odd, he looks like freaking Mephistopheles incarnate

Yes they would. Filoni most certainly would, because he adores her and didn't want to kill her but knew he had to. But she has to be gone. How does she survive that?

I thought it was telling that when discussing future plans for Ahsoka, he kept heading back to what we didn't see in TCW.

From what Ive heard in interviews with writers and storytellers most serious writers or storytellers seem to approach killing a beloved character seriously and they dont shy from it because the last thing an author or storyteller wants to do is shortchange their character. Filoni might be weak, but I doubt it.

If she was going to be killed Filoni wouldnt have killed his beloved character in such an ambiguous sloppy way. She would have gotten a proper death scene.

As for how she could have survived that explosion, prior to the explosion Ahsoka was on her feet and not mortally wounded. Vader on the other hand was in much worse shape. His breather was critically damaged and his head exposed and all the explosion did to him was give him a limp. If a badly damaged Vader could walk away from that explosion so could she and since she was moving in that tunnel it seems she has done that.

Maybe they had a cut arc together in TCW or something. But it's very odd, he looks like freaking Mephistopheles incarnate
They did, Filoni talked about it. But that arc ended with Ahsoka finding Anakin and Obi-Wan to hunt Maul, only for the start of RotS to happen. So they aren't friendly.

From what Ive heard in interviews with writers and storytellers most serious writers or storytellers seem to approach killing a beloved character seriously and they dont shy from it because the last thing an author or storyteller wants to do is shortchange their character. Filoni might be weak, but I doubt it.

If she was going to be killed Filoni wouldnt have killed his beloved character in such an ambiguous sloppy way. She would have gotten a proper death scene.

As for how she could have survived that explosion, prior to the explosion Ahsoka was on her feet and not mortally wounded. Vader on the other hand was in much worse shape. His breather was critically damaged and his head exposed and all the explosion did to him was give him a limp. If a badly damaged Vader could walk away from that explosion so could she and since she was moving in that tunnel it seems she has done that.
Filoni has avoided hurting Ahsoka from the start. He is protective of her, to a bit of a fault. Especially when you considering how beat up and tortured everyone else has been.

You think Vader just left her there? She could be alive, but that means she is coming back to die, and I don't think she ever fights Vader again. The build up and scene had all the earmarks of the end, down to line about not leaving him again and Vader telling her she would die. They played the heck out of a false death, which is possible, but I also think they used that very specific shot for a reason.

If Ahsoka isn't dead and she doesn't show up on Rebels again, does that mean she simply retired knowing Vader was still out there?

Awesome.
Darth Maul was great and I didn't expect Kanan to be so hurt.
They should have been more clear with Ashoka fate though.

I would have a problem if Darth Vader limps away while Ahsoka is fine as that would diminish from him being a threat.

I can't believe people thought the ending was ambiguous.

Maul played Ezra beautifully. He did not mention the Dark Side till much later, well after he met Ezra. Plus, they are falling into the trap many Jedi have fallen into. Learning more about the Dark Side leads to falling to the Dark Side.

And remember, this is Ezra we are talking about. Who is constantly back talking Kanan and trying to be a big deal to the group.

I can't believe people thought the ending was ambiguous.

This isn't even a case of not seeing the body. We didn't even see the killing blow. An explosion that one combatant walks away from means the other could as well.

But who knows, perhaps Vader captures her and does some torture.

I do love the confirmation that everyone is getting a model upgrade next season. Except Chopper. Very exciting (her comes Sabine's jet pack!!!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"