• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Rises Recast Joker or Resurrected Two-Face

Depps Joker would be just as good as Heath Ledgers. We must press on(but i must also consider how chris nolan and co. feel) . Depp is really one of few worthy guys that could bring it. and if he were to put the money to a good cause instead of banking on it I would be all for the idea.

Last edited:
Depps Joker would be just as good as Heath Ledgers. We must press on(but i must also consider how chris nolan and co. feel) . Depp is really one of few worthy guys that could bring it. and if he were to put the money to a good cause instead of banking on it I would be all for the idea.

:facepalm:

Let's just get the best of both worlds

Recast the Joker part with Aaron Eckhart.

The character is bigger than the actor. Recast Joker, but the performance must respect and acknowledge what Ledger did with the Joker.

The character is bigger than the actor. Recast Joker, but the performance must respect and acknowledge what Ledger did with the Joker.

'nuff said here. I don't think Joker would have even been a major threat in Nolan's idea of the third movie. He would have been there, but he would have been something much, much below the main antagonist, something slightly above Scarecrow's part in TDK. That's how I see it anyways. Or even towards the end of the third, maybe some sort of hint that Joker is at it again (break out or some such)

That being said, the "Recast" wouldn't call for someone that could pull it off perfectly. It could just be a no name newbie for all I care, there are plenty of people that can act similar to the way Ledger's character did. It's not complicated. The complicated part has already been done, and that was creating the character...

Except everyone will be inadvertently comparing the new actor's performance to what Ledger did. The press will be all about this issue and moviegoers will be so hammered on the head by this that they won't be able to help it while they watch the film. All of this will distract from the rest of the film which is the reason why...it.won't.happen.

The Joker is too much of a badass NOT to show up in part 3. He was the architect of number 2 and as it was STATED VERY OBVIOUSLY. Joker and the Batman complete each other. Both are outcasts, both are psychotic (1 more than the other), and both fight for their ideals. I REALLY enjoyed that aspect of the movie, they need each other and the day they don't is the day they stop making batman.

The joker NEEDS to be recasted. The same as Heath? Of course not. Heath was a scary/nightmare/clown. His time in arkham could make him a more refined silly and equally intelligent clown that we all know and love. Batman grows up, he progresses his character so why shouldn't the Joker's character get a "new look?" It would differentiate both Jokers and allow yet another interpretation of him continue in the universe.

And by grown up I mean shorter, cleaner hair, and nicer suits.

Could they revive Heath with CGI?

The Joker is too much of a badass NOT to show up in part 3. He was the architect of number 2 and as it was STATED VERY OBVIOUSLY. Joker and the Batman complete each other. Both are outcasts, both are psychotic (1 more than the other), and both fight for their ideals. I REALLY enjoyed that aspect of the movie, they need each other and the day they don't is the day they stop making batman.

The joker NEEDS to be recasted. The same as Heath? Of course not. Heath was a scary/nightmare/clown. His time in arkham could make him a more refined silly and equally intelligent clown that we all know and love. Batman grows up, he progresses his character so why shouldn't the Joker's character get a "new look?" It would differentiate both Jokers and allow yet another interpretation of him continue in the universe.

And by grown up I mean shorter, cleaner hair, and nicer suits.

1. I agree. Joker would hardly just sit quietly in Arkham whilst Batman is being hunted.

2. Whoever plays the Joker will need to keep some aspects of the character from TDK. For example, how he would react to a given situation. Yet at the same time, it needs to be different enough so that it isn't a cheap imitation of the original. This is why I think that, if they do recast the Joker, they should bring in the character of Harley Quinn. By doing so, the new actor would get to put their own spin on the interactions between the two characters with out losing the continuity from TDK.

3. I wouldn't mind shorter hair, if they do give Joker a new suit, it should be similar to the old one but not the same.

By the way, who would you recast as the Joker?

Could they revive Heath with CGI?

They probably could re-create Heath's face for maybe one or two shots if it was a cameo, like how Ahnuld is in Terminator Salvation, however anything beyond that would be too expensive, impractical, and flat out weird.

Think how easy it would have been to recast the actor playing the Scarecrow. A new burlap bag and voice modulator and you're set! Oh well. I wish they had only shown Dent as Two Face in the closing moments of the film and saved him for the third. They spent a whole movie getting that character on track, only to kill him in the end? I'm thinking at this point to just start a new. Yes Depp could play the joker and I think might even do a better job, but why disrespect Ledger's performance and Oscar win? Dent died and I didn't see alot of evidence in TDK that Nolan wanted to dwell on Batman Begins while making it. If anything, bring Scarecrow back and finish the trifecta.

Yes Depp could play the joker and I think might even do a better job, but why disrespect Ledger's performance and Oscar win?

Depp probably wouldn't play the Joker because he has a phobia of clowns.

^ But in order to conquer fear you must become fear. You must bask in the fear of other men!

They probably could re-create Heath's face for maybe one or two shots if it was a cameo, like how Ahnuld is in Terminator Salvation, however anything beyond that would be too expensive, impractical, and flat out weird.

Could a computer recreate his voice?

Recast Joker. I wish Nolan would just admit that he wasn't finished with the J-man and recast it. Heck, I'd rather see no Batman 3 at all if it can't be the film that, story and character-wise, Nolan wanted it to be at one point.

Recast Joker. I wish Nolan would just admit that he wasn't finished with the J-man and recast it. Heck, I'd rather see no Batman 3 at all if it can't be the film that, story and character-wise, Nolan wanted it to be at one point.

Exactly. Even though he says that he only thinks about one movie at a time. But I'm sure he was thinking a little bit about what could happen in a sequel and surely it involved the Joker. If it was part of what he originally had planned than he shouldn't change it. I mean imagine if they wrote Rachel out of the Dark Knight it would have taken a lot away from the quality of the movie. They would have had to establish a new love interest who is dating dent and set up some cheesy and rushed story as to how Bruce falls in love with her before she dies not too long after. But Nolan didn't change his original story and recast her and it worked out for the better.

The same should be done for the Joker. Yes it is a different circumstance since Heath passed away and gave one hell of a performance, but the Joker himself would have too much of an impact on the story if he is involved in the sequel to just write him out. If the Nolans and Goyer have some great ideas that involve the Joker they shouldn't just say "well too bad." I'm sure Heath wasn't the kind of guy that would say that only he can play such a character. Gary Oldman himself said that he thinks that Heath would not have wanted the character to die with him.

It won't be easy, but I'm sure they can find an actor who has the balls to step in for Heath and somehow find a way to portray the Joker in such a way that it is not just an imitation but still give us the idea that this is the same Joker from the Dark Knight. Has anyone seen the guy that does the Joker Blogs on youtube. He plays the Joker in such a way that we know it's the same Joker from the Dark Knight but he puts his own twist on it. A Hollywood actor could do the same.

Recast Joker. I think if they bring Two-Face back, it would invalidate Batman's choice at the end of TDK. What would be his purpose in Batman 3? He's already killed the people he thinks are responsible for Rachel's death. I suppose he could go after Gordon again because he didn't get a chance to judge Gordon with the coin. He gets Gordon. He flips the coin, good side up, Gordon lives, scarred side up, Gordon dies. But then what? Would Two-Face just skip off into the sunset? Would he reveal to the public that he is still alive and well or would he stay hidden for the rest of his life?

In my opinion, Two-Face died at the end of TDK and should stay dead.

id just rather see something else. I love both characters, especially heaths joker of course, but I'm against a recast not because tdk's joker was "too great to top or replace" but because i'd just rather see something else. People say "Batman and Joker are doomed to fight eachother forever" while that may be true is every issue of batman about Joker? hell no. Id just like to see what else can be done.

If, if Joker is resurrected I want Benico Del Toro cast. He would my ideal choice.

I honestly don't want to see Johnny Depp as the Joker. I'm sure he could do it and all that crap, but it's just the obvious thing people expect, and to be honest, I think the idea is sorta cheesy. I like Depp, but to me, it would be in bad taste to cast him. That is if he would ever do it. He seems like he might find it a little bit less classy to "replace Heath."

And to be very honest, I could care less either way. I don't know him personaly, LOL! :p

I don't like two-face as a villain, in spite of loving Aaron's take on the character, so I'd rather have Joker recast, with respect to what Ledger pulled off in the previous movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"