RoboCop Reboot - Part 7

Regardless of how people feel about it it worked for Freddy vs Jason. That film was a big blockbuster hit for the studio.

Yep, rather than sequels and re-boots this would be a way to revive both franchises at once.

Let it ends honorably. RC 3 was lame, the reboot was forgettable, just stop there before it becomes a milking joke like Terminator.

Let it ends honorably. RC 3 was lame, the reboot was forgettable, just stop there before it becomes a milking joke like Terminator.

RoboCop 3 was lame, the TV series was lame, the TV movies were lame...RoboCop 2 isn't lame per se but it is a horrible movie. The only genuinely good RoboCop things since the original movie are the RoboCop vs The Terminator comic, and the 2014 reboot, which gets better on subsequent viewings.

The entire problem with RoboCop sequels is that his story arc is completed at the end of the first movie. He's Murphy again, man has won over machine. No-one knew what to do after that.

It's a shame as there is so much potential in the concept.

There is. But I think Paul Verhoeven's original movie did it justice. So it's not like I feel the need to see it explored further. It's all there - in a nice, tight 103 minute long package. I don't even like RoboCop 2, because it ain't half as smart or heartfelt as the original. It's an empty, dumb and frankly not very interesting sci-fi action pic, which doesn't add anything of notice to story.

I'm not really interested in another RoboCop movie, unless the studio has the balls to let someone like Darren Aronofsky create a radical new take on the premise.

The entire problem with RoboCop sequels is that his story arc is completed at the end of the first movie. He's Murphy again, man has won over machine. No-one knew what to do after that.
I would've loved to see Paul Verhoeven and Ed Neumeier & Michael Miner's take on the sequel (RoboCop 2: Corporate Wars). They definitely would've known what to do with it, and how to continue Murpyh's story (I have yet to read the script, I'll let you know once I have). It's a damn shame that Orion thought that their original idea was too out there and wouldn't wait for Verhoeven to make Total Recall first.

Last edited:
I really think the 2014 RoboCop is underrated - it really is the RoboCop story perfectly adapted to modern concerns. The problem is that it's not a very exciting action movie, and the characters aren't very engaging.

There is. But I think Paul Verhoeven's original movie did it justice. So it's not like I feel the need to see it explored further. It's all there - in a nice, tight 103 minute long package. I don't even like RoboCop 2, because it ain't half as smart or heartfelt as the original. It's an empty, dumb and frankly not very interesting sci-fi action pic, which doesn't add anything of notice to story.

I'm not really interested in another RoboCop movie, unless the studio has the balls to let someone like Darren Aronofsky create a radical new take on the premise.

I would've loved to see Paul Verhoeven and Ed Neumeier & Michael Miner's take on the sequel (RoboCop 2: Corporate Wars). They definitely would've known what to do with it, and how to continue Murpyh's story (I have yet to read the script, I'll let you know once I have). It's a damn shame that Orion thought that their original idea was too out there and wouldn't wait for Verhoeven to make Total Recall first.

The weird thing is, the producers really did have the right idea for RoboCop 2 - they went to Frank Miller. Frank Miller in the late 80s was theoretically absolutely perfect for RoboCop. If you watch the first RoboCop, it's so, so similar in so many ways to The Dark Knight Returns. So getting Miller onboard seemed like the right way to go.

Director Neill Blomkamp Teases Peter Weller's Return To His ROBOCOP RETURNS Film

https://geektyrant.com/news/directo...er-wellers-return-to-his-robocop-returns-film

1yw1DGo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"