RoboCop Reboot - Part 7

I literally don't remember any drug kingpin being in this movie.

Eh. The dude really didn't do much. He was just kind of there...

The Robocop reboot was an okay movie but 'that' scene (if you're seen the movie you know the scene I'm talking about) was horrific and haunting and the only scene that measures up to the original movie.

The Robocop reboot was an okay movie but 'that' scene (if you're seen the movie you know the scene I'm talking about) was horrific and haunting and the only scene that measures up to the original movie.

That scene and the beginning and end sequences were great, I think a sequel could expand on stuff like that so I hope it happens.

You should change your username to 'AveitWiththeRobocopReboot'.

That scene and the beginning and end sequences were great, I think a sequel could expand on stuff like that so I hope it happens.

I didn't get the ending. In the original he got around the directive because the old man fired Dick. In the new one, he just...does.

I didn't get the ending. In the original he got around the directive because the old man fired Dick. In the new one, he just...does.

I was talking more about the whole ending, but yeah I see what you mean, I just saw it as the final victory of his humanity over the programming.

I took it as his free will being more powerful than his programming. Which is a very nice metaphor for nuture over nature.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the pitches is to do a direct sequel to the original '87' film. Since that's becoming a popular trend in Hollywood.

Lewis- Are you still upset about that movie they made about you?

Robocop- .....

Make the 2014 movie a movie within a movie.

I took it as his free will being more powerful than his programming. Which is a very nice metaphor for nuture over nature.

Well yah that as well, the whole movie was about that really, and him killing Sellers was the final victory to show Murphy was still Murphy despite them trying to change him.

Well yah that as well, the whole movie was about that really, and him killing Sellers was the final victory to show Murphy was still Murphy despite them trying to change him.

I thought the movie overall had some nice depth to it. It wasn't as full of satire as the original but it wasn't a fluff film.

One of the better reboots we've had of an 80's property. I haven't been itching to watch it again but enjoyed it at the theater.

I didn't think it was a cop-out either like some of the reboots we've had these days. The repackaging worked for the current movie scenario where films try to cater to a broader audience and I'd probably see a sequel if it came out.

I thought the movie overall had some nice depth to it. It wasn't as full of satire as the original but it wasn't a fluff film.

Definitely, it wasn't a mindless blockbuster like many remakes these days, it actually added some depth and emotion and told its own story rather than rehashing what came before. That's why I would like to see a sequel as they could go their own way with that also.

FYI, you do not need to post the ENTIRE URL, just what comes after the equal sign ;)

it does work but when you put the entire URL in the YT tags it wont play when you click on the play button. hit the quote button, and copy/paste the URL in a new tab/window and it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"