RoboCop Reboot - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you should read what I said again. OCP knows it can make the hand robot easy, if something ever did happen to it. The reason OCP keeps the hand is to give them good PR, and make the Robocop series seem human enough where people won't reject the idea of having machines domestically protecting them.

I think the suit looks pretty damn cool. Looking forward to seeing it on film.

He looks fantastic I think. Everyone has been so quick to judge and declare it as awful and I swear this happens every time we see a costume of any movie during the filming process.

Then those same people start saying "Wow that looks great...blah...blah" when the damn thing comes out.

I don't know whether this movie will be good or not but I'm damn confident with the director and the cast so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. I especially like how they retained the visor and the chin guard.

Suit looks awsome. guys could have been worse. It still keeps to the over all look of original robocop and now black love it.

It's not bad, it's not great either. I would of liked another color added in to break it up a bit.

i looked in the detail the original robocop suit. and they made very good design choices to make the arms and legs look like they have an axis where they are rotating.

i hope that in close ups we will see this in the new suit.

He looks fantastic I think. Everyone has been so quick to judge and declare it as awful and I swear this happens every time we see a costume of any movie during the filming process.

Then those same people start saying "Wow that looks great...blah...blah" when the damn thing comes out.

I don't know whether this movie will be good or not but I'm damn confident with the director and the cast so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. I especially like how they retained the visor and the chin guard.
Akira craigdbfan? there is nothing wrong if you are negative and dont like in what direction they are going.
this is a forum. some will be positive and some negative. but we all will pay the ticket for the movie. :yay:

Maybe the exposed hand is just an exposed hand, maybe it's really in the movie.

just for laughs, couldn't avoid thinking about it.

6OF9y.jpg

I don't know whether this movie will be good or not but I'm damn confident with the director and the cast so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. I especially like how they retained the visor and the chin gurad.

Absolutely. :up:

The suit looks decent I suppose but I wish it was silver like the original. Although making it appear more like black swat gear makes sense. It looks more like a suit of armor than a robotic character, but I guess that will depend a lot on how it's portrayed in the movie.

Not diggin' the suit. Too human.

That's probably my biggest issue with it. From that photo it looks like a guy in a armored/mechanical suit, whereas the original looked like a humanoid robot.

Akira craigdbfan?
You aren't seriously comparing the two are you? :lmao:

Has Murphy been changed to a Japanese man named Matsu? Oh and I forgot to mention that it no longer takes place in Detroit but rather Tokyo. Not only that but Murphy and Lewis are siblings too. Wait none of that is happening so talk about a horrible comparison.

If you're going to make a comparison make a good one. Some movies are definitely headed down the wrong path from the onset. Akira never got the amount of talent this movie is getting nor the fidelity to the original story as this one is. That movie deserved the vitriol it was getting as it was getting a completely lackluster and disgustingly patronizing makeover.

there is nothing wrong if you are negative and dont like in what direction they are going. this is a forum. some will be positive and some negative. but we all will pay the ticket for the movie. :yay:
Of course people can believe whatever they want. Way to state the obvious. Never said in that post people aren't able too express negative opinions. I'm within my right to think it's completely unwarranted though as I haven't seen/read anything that should really worry people yet.

So I don't get what the point is of you stating something that's evidently clear.

I don't like the new suit I'm one of those who prefer the original suit but I'm willing to wait until I see the finished product.

That's probably my biggest issue with it. From that photo it looks like a guy in a armored/mechanical suit, whereas the original looked like a humanoid robot.

Exactly.

Weller weighed 115 and had the frame of a child. The exposed joints in the original suit gave Robocop that larger than life quality.

He looked like a machine with a human head.

Well to be fair if you head over to the Thor 2 thread you'll find that everyone absolutely loves Thors new getup.

Well to be fair if you head over to the Thor 2 thread you'll find that everyone absolutely loves Thors new getup.
Yeah now after we've gotten two movies with basically the same costume. You should have been here when we saw his costume for the first time during the production of Thor.

It was a much different scene.

I have to agree with those who say it looks too human. It does look more like a man wearing a suit as opposed to a man transformed into a cyborg and that it looks more like a suit of armor like Batman or even the Tron outfits. Hopefully it will look much better in the official pics and the movie. Looks more like a prototype suit that a police officer in the future would wear than a robotic body for Robocop.

i love the robocop franchise, but im not that big a fan of the current look that they have for this Robocop... so, i decided to do a little magic in photoshop, and tried to make a more faithful representation to how he looked in the original movie...

i hope it's pleasing to all of you

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That already looks a lot better and that's all I really want.

That manip looks 1000x better, Super Kal. :word:

Now he looks more like a robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"