RoboCop Reboot - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mz42by9gGT1qd4srxo1_500.gif

Someone needs to lend this guy a hand.

how cute he lost his robot and not his human hand.

^^^
Looks like I will be stumping up the cash for this one... Luckily, I never bought the previous BluRay release.

With that black suit so damaged, he's going to need a new one...

Looks like that rumor from way back when was right that near the end of the film Robocop ends up with a suit/prosthesis closer to the classic one.

Oh the review is up for the new remaster! check it out

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/RoboCop-Blu-ray/89781/#Screenshots

I bought it yesterday at Best Buy and it was the last copy they had so it is selling well only $7.99 and comes with movie cash towards the remake.

I watched the new transfer last night and I was very impressed with how great of a job they did, it still maintained the look of the original film to me but cleaned it up very nicely plus all the extras on it including some new interviews are all pretty amazing. I also did notice that this "directors cut" is a little more violent in some scenes, especially the ED-209 demonstration scene.

Id give the blu-ray an 9/10 experience, I really do love this film a lot probably one of my favorites.

Last edited:
It doesnt compare to comparing actual high quality screengrabs, but here is a quick GIF demonstrating the quality difference of the new bluray vs the old one. One of the screenshots from the new review that stood out to me compared to the old version.

The new bluray is 8 bucks and comes with 7.50 toward a ticket for the remake (when bought from best buy at least). So if you were already planning on seeing the remake, youre getting this new bluray for 50 cents. Damn good buy.

Last edited:
The old blu-ray looked like complete trash compared to the new transfer.

The SHH! Movie Award nominations have begun!

Head to the SHH! Movie Award boards to nominate the best of 2013 in my sig!

I wonder how much of him is inside the suit.

Actually nothing but his spinal cord/brain. His human hand is also just a shell. In the lab his arms, legs and torso can be completely disassembled leaving just a spinal cord. More or less just like the original Robo.

And I wouldn't get your hopes up for a new looking suit at the end of the film or anything substantially different from the black one. We will see though.

Actually nothing but his spinal cord/brain. His human hand is also just a shell. In the lab his arms, legs and torso can be completely disassembled leaving just a spinal cord. More or less just like the original Robo.

And I wouldn't get your hopes up for a new looking suit at the end of the film or anything substantially different from the black one. We will see though.

In the trailer or tv spot they show him with a damaged body but only missing an arm and leg.buy I guess it's possible they trash other parts they don't need.

In the trailer or tv spot they show him with a damaged body but only missing an arm and leg.buy I guess it's possible they trash other parts they don't need.

Ah the wonder of trailers right.

Wut? It's already shown him in the silver suit in the trailers.

To me, that just shows you how messed up this OmniCorp is, I mean the guy has a perfectly working arm and leg (as far as we know) but they (assumingly) amputate them anyway!

Jeez. :wow:

Wut? It's already shown him in the silver suit in the trailers.

Thats the 1.0 Suit. People are hoping fornanother silver suit by the end of the film since the black one gets trashed. Prrooobably not gonna happen lol.

Instead of a different coloured suit, what if Alex Murphy's damaged body gives OCP even more incentive to erase his memories and eliminate his ethics?

Thats the 1.0 Suit. People are hoping fornanother silver suit by the end of the film since the black one gets trashed. Prrooobably not gonna happen lol.

Most people seem to really like the silver (1.0) suit. I think what people are hoping is that by the end of the film, he winds up in that one again. The director said something in that interview that made me think that might be the case. Something about the black suit "not being what you think."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"