RoboCop Reboot - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that transparent visor is just so that Joel can see while he's walking around. It's removed in post-production. It isn't a different suit. All the other details match up.

Otherwise he wouldnt be able to see a damn thing with such a thin visor.

That makes sense, but then why would they release a photo of it that's not a behind-the-scenes pic?

Sony Classical is releasing the soundtrack by Pedro Bromfman on Feb.4. It's available for pre-order at amazon.

robocop-300x300.jpg

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/12/31/robocop-soundtrack-details/

I would sure as hell say so, I am in love with the silver suit I think it is a great update to the original suit.

Was checking on IMDB and noticed that Miguel Ferrer who was Bob Morton in the original is gonna be in this one too?

It looks like he barely has a midsection.

Was checking on IMDB and noticed that Miguel Ferrer who was Bob Morton in the original is gonna be in this one too?

Yep, and it looks like he's going to be playing the "Boddicker" type role in this, Antoine Vallon.

Saw a **** ton of standees and posters for this at the cinema a few days ago (The same image we've seen, the homage to the original poster).

I like both suits a lot. So hyped to find out Miguel Ferrer is coming back in some capacity.

I like it. Makes him look more like a robot than a guy in suit.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was going for. This is the Square Enix figure actually. But I also did quite a bit of photoshop work to it, removing parts from the midsection and accentuating the shoulders and hips. I also made his hand black and added some battle damage. Here it is on a white background. I think it's an improvement over the black rubber looking suit and the actual silver suit we will get in the movie. Too bad they couldn't remove some of the mass from his midsection and joints in post to make his robot body just a bit more believable.

TheNewROBOCOP-1.jpg

Yeah, that's kind of what I was going for. This is the Square Enix figure actually. But I also did quite a bit of photoshop work to it, removing parts from the midsection and accentuating the shoulders and hips. I also made his hand black and added some battle damage. Here it is on a white background. I think it's an improvement over the black rubber looking suit and the actual silver suit we will get in the movie. Too bad they couldn't remove some of the mass from his midsection and joints in post to make his robot body just a bit more believable.

[PICTURE SNIP]

I love what you've done with the figure. Impossible human proportions and spaces in the mid-section and neck are exactly what I expected from a modern Robocop reboot. The spaces in the neck are particularly haunting, really showing his head is not actually attached to a human neck.

Seems silly to reboot the thing and then not take advantage of modern special effects for the suit. The new silver looks cool, but there were much greater possibilities. You'd think they'd want to really emphasize how robotic he is, instead he looks more like a man in a suit than he did in the 80s.

The previews I've seen still manage to look cool though. Keeping an open mind and still excited for February 12.

Last edited:
Check out what I scored from the theater lastnight!
an OVERSIZED poster (4ft.x5ft. 9inches)
I'm still deciding where to hang it. lol had a thought about hanging it in my window...it's big enough and could detour burglars lol
mo0t.jpg

Check out what I scored from the theater lastnight!
an OVERSIZED poster (4ft.x5ft. 9inches)
I'm still deciding where to hang it. lol had a thought about hanging it in my window...it's big enough and could detour burglars lol
mo0t.jpg

That is pretty cool.

Also, that just made me remember something. Wasn't the tag line from Darkman "Crime has a new enemy, and justice has a brand new face"?

I think so, been awhile since I saw Darkman, I miss that show lol

I might have to stop by my local Regal theater I know the AMC never gives out posters but maybe Regal is and I hope they have one of those.

I love what you've done with the figure. Impossible human proportions and spaces in the mid-section and neck are exactly what I expected from a modern Robocop reboot. The spaces in the neck are particularly haunting, really showing his head is not actually attached to a human neck.

Seems silly to reboot the thing and then not take advantage of modern special effects for the suit. The new silver looks cool, but there were much greater possibilities. You'd think they'd want to really emphasize how robotic he is, instead he looks more like a man in a suit than he did in the 80s.

The previews I've seen still manage to look cool though. Keeping an open mind and still excited for February 12.

Given what we've heard in interviews, I think the point is to make him seem as human as possible. Emphasizing how robotic he is takes away from the fact that he's been built specifically to gain the trust of humans. A floating head will not instill any faith in me that the machine I'm dealing with has any real human qualities. And even if it does seem truly human, the overly robotic appearance would just creep people out.

That's my guess at least. Him looking like a guy in a suit might work better for this film, thematically speaking.

Given what we've heard in interviews, I think the point is to make him seem as human as possible. Emphasizing how robotic he is takes away from the fact that he's been built specifically to gain the trust of humans. A floating head will not instill any faith in me that the machine I'm dealing with has any real human qualities. And even if it does seem truly human, the overly robotic appearance would just creep people out.

That's my guess at least. Him looking like a guy in a suit might work better for this film, thematically speaking.

Oh, come on, if OCP wanted to gain people's trust, they wouldn't design the inhumane proportioned ED, or the killing drones etc. This humanising thing doesn't sit well with me. The point and the tragedy of this character is that he doesn't have any resemblance to his former self and human appearance. Why make him a wannabe super powered man in a batmanish armour and take all that drama away? Not to mention the exposed human hand...Terrible choices there. I hope they get rid of these concepts in the middle of the movie.

Last edited:
I'm still wondering if its true that by the film's end, the suit (the black one) gets damaged and we get a new one to replace it, and its suppose to be more like the silver one, or more robotic like.

Im really going to try to like the black one when I see the film but it isnt very marketable, those posters would be much easier to walk past than if he was wearing the grey suit simply because it stands out more. I don't think the black will catch kids eyes as much either, when I was a kid I loved Robocop because he looked so cool.

Not that the black version looks uncool, it just isn't as unique or eye catching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"