Season 6, Episode 6 "Blood of My Blood" Discussion Thread

I don't know...your description, Marvolo, reminds me more of the K'Chain Che'Malle from the Malazan series (picture a mixture of velociraptor and xenomorph and you got them).

I would prefer the walkers were more strictly magical creations than biological. I believe D and D said that GRRM told them about the origins of the white walkers/Others, like he told them about Hodor's origin and Shireen's death.

I don't know...your description, Marvolo, reminds me more of the K'Chain Che'Malle from the Malazan series (picture a mixture of velociraptor and xenomorph and you got them).

I would prefer the walkers were more strictly magical creations than biological. I believe D and D said that GRRM told them about the origins of the white walkers/Others, like he told them about Hodor's origin and Shireen's death.

I didnt mean to imply that they are biological beings. Theyd still be magical beings. Their reproducuction would be at its heart magical. I just think the Great Other or Nights Queen or whatever it is is the real "mind" and controlling force of the White Walkers and the root of the problem in the Far North. I dont think the White walkers themselves can reproduce themselves sexually or otherwise. I think she or it or he creates them through some form of elemental or ancient magic and they in turn wield a much more crude form of magic that allows them to reanimate the dead.

It could be that the NQ is what Bran saw back in A Game of Thrones. Remember, we're never told what it is he saw - just that his first vision took him into the far North and that whatever he saw terrified him. It could be that the NQ/Great Other's magic is as harsh and brutal as say, fire magic (mostly thinking of how Dany's dragons needed a burnt offering to hatch here).

Do you think he or she (or no actual gender at all) is also the "Great Other"?

It's possible. R'hllor is identified as a male, and the Great Other is his archenemy. That would further add to how deeply opposed they are. Light vs Dark. Day vs Night. Life vs Death. Fire vs Ice. Man vs Woman isn't too much of a stretch, and the historical Night's King came after the Long Night when all the Watch was concerned about was the Wildlings. So it's possible he found this female White Walker and through their coupling jump started the the plague of Others and Wights. Old Nan did say that they spawned demon children.

I'd be interested in hearing about the GRRM's neverborn. Once the series is wrapped.

It could be that the NQ is what Bran saw back in A Game of Thrones. Remember, we're never told what it is he saw - just that his first vision took him into the far North and that whatever he saw terrified him. It could be that the NQ/Great Other's magic is as harsh and brutal as say, fire magic (mostly thinking of how Dany's dragons needed a burnt offering to hatch here).

Which fits into the idea that Bloodraven tried to open Euron's mind like he did Bran, but instead of cultivating a replacement he just opened the mind of a monster to an even worse monster.

what a tease in Kings Landing I'm sick of these sparrows how are they allowed to be in power still atleast Jaime will get out of kings landing and actually do something

High Sparrow is a smug mother****er. I loved it.

Wow, it looks like all is well in Kings Landing and the "good" guys finally are pushing out the tired and old Lannisters and Tyrrells. That doesn't sit well with the history of this show. I can't imagine the Lannisters and Tyrrells, specifically now that Cersi is all alone again with Jaime heading to the riverlands, this ending well for anyone. I imagine Kings Landing is going to be in full revolt/chaos by the end of the season.

That plays perfectly in what's happening across the sea and north of the wall. Petty infighting for control has left the seven kingdoms in chaos. It opens the door wide for the true leaders in Jon and Danny to return and save the world where the current rulers will be ill equipped with their petty game of thrones they've been playing.

We now know that Bran will be the leader and will likely have three armies to command against the white walkers. We know Jon and his Wildlings/North will likely be one along with Dany if she ever makes it across the sea. What I wonder is if now that Jaime is out of Kings Landing, if the **** does hit the fan in Kings Landing, will he be the third? I have no idea who will be the third right now but feel pretty confident there will be another army joining the fray.

I love that this show is progressing the end game at an enjoyable speed over the past few episodes. This show is getting better and better.

Wow, it looks like all is well in Kings Landing and the "good" guys finally are pushing out the tired and old Lannisters and Tyrrells. That doesn't sit well with the history of this show. I can't imagine the Lannisters and Tyrrells, specifically now that Cersi is all alone again with Jaime heading to the riverlands, this ending well for anyone. I imagine Kings Landing is going to be in full revolt/chaos by the end of the season.

That plays perfectly in what's happening across the sea and north of the wall. Petty infighting for control has left the seven kingdoms in chaos. It opens the door wide for the true leaders in Jon and Danny to return and save the world where the current rulers will be ill equipped with their petty game of thrones they've been playing.

We now know that Bran will be the leader and will likely have three armies to command against the white walkers. We know Jon and his Wildlings/North will likely be one along with Dany if she ever makes it across the sea. What I wonder is if now that Jaime is out of Kings Landing, if the **** does hit the fan in Kings Landing, will he be the third? I have no idea who will be the third right now but feel pretty confident there will be another army joining the fray.

I love that this show is progressing the end game at an enjoyable speed over the past few episodes. This show is getting better and better.

I a firm believer that the Kings Landing plot will end with Littlefinger on the Iron Throne only to almost immediately have the city overtaken and Littlefinger killed by the White Walkers.

The reason I believe this is simple. Game of Thrones's long running story is that the nobles ignore the true threat to the realm (White Walkers) all so that they can have their own petty little power struggles and advance themselves at the expense of the people, the kingdom, and the world. No one exemplifies this more than Littlefinger. He instigated everything conflict on the show, which has left the realm weak and unable to defend itself when the White Walkers arrive, all for the sake of advancing himself. As such, him taking the throne, through all of his careful and intricate planning, only to lose it instantly due to the real threat he has ignored and inadvertently helped is a fitting end.

To tie this back into your point, I think the Faith are going to play a role in that. I think the conflict with the Lannisters and Tyrells/The Faith is going to reach the point where Cersei orders the Sparrows to be slaughtered by her armies. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Tommen is caught in this crossfire (which would be an equally fitting development for Cersei...the woman who claims she will do anything for her children, killing her last surviving child because someone threatened her own power). This will lead to complete and total chaos in Kings Landing.

It will also present an opportunity for Baelish. The Lannisters and Tyrells will be weakened by their conflict with the Faith. The people will be in a frenzy over the wealthy nobles slaughtering the religious institute that cared for them. And who better to come in, with his army from the Vale, and "liberate" the people from the Lannisters and Tyrells? Baelish is the closest thing that the show has to a commoner. He would be the hero of the people (at least that is the image he would want to paint). And with the throne empty, the people will want him to take it.

It creates the perfect end game for him.

I think Petyr would use the Vale forces to institute martial law - to get the civilians out of the streets and make his taking of King's Landing a cleaner battle than what looks to be brewing between Cersei, the Tyrells, and the Faith Militant?

I think Petyr would use the Vale forces to institute martial law - to get the civilians out of the streets and make his taking of King's Landing a cleaner battle than what looks to be brewing between Cersei, the Tyrells, and the Faith Militant?

I mean, he may. But I don't think he is looking for a clean battle. His strategy is to let his enemies fight one another then swoop in and clean up the remnants. If the Lannister/Tyrell alliance and the Faith Militant fight each other to near decimation, it would be easy for him to swoop in and take the city from the survivor. Especially if he can get the commoners rallied behind him (which would be easy if Cersei wipes out the Faith).

what a tease in Kings Landing I'm sick of these sparrows how are they allowed to be in power still atleast Jaime will get out of kings landing and actually do something
Yeah, I thought we'd be seeing dead sparrows all over the place in this episode. :csad:

To tie this back into your point, I think the Faith are going to play a role in that. I think the conflict with the Lannisters and Tyrells/The Faith is going to reach the point where Cersei orders the Sparrows to be slaughtered by her armies. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Tommen is caught in this crossfire (which would be an equally fitting development for Cersei...the woman who claims she will do anything for her children, killing her last surviving child because someone threatened her own power). This will lead to complete and total chaos in Kings Landing.

Cersei's definitely got something up her sleeve. She seemed way too calm about losing Jaime and she was talking about how they (the Lannisters and Tyrells) were now at their strongest since the High Sparrow thought he'd won. She'll be doing something rash within the next couple of episodes.

Poor Tommen is going to die. A kid that nice doesn't last long in this world. He has already been used as a pawn a couple times

Cersei's definitely got something up her sleeve. She seemed way too calm about losing Jaime and she was talking about how they (the Lannisters and Tyrells) were now at their strongest since the High Sparrow thought he'd won. She'll be doing something rash within the next couple of episodes.

They've actually already hinted at what Cersei is planning in this
episode. Ill just say Bran's visions werent just about past events.

As for the little sparrows, well based on the preview for next week's episode, FrankenMountain will be ripping some wings off next week. The High Sparrows time is definitely running out. The fool overplayed his hand.

High Sparrow is a smug mother****er. I loved it.

He's a true believer. The power of belief can be the strongest kind when even one's sense of self preservation is immaterial in light of their faith. The whole thing with the Sparrows is a reference to the crusades and the dichotomy of militarized zealotry peddling violence and brutality in the name of love and compassion. I'm not sure how you fight that to be honest.

They've actually already hinted at what Cersei is planning in this episode. Ill just say Bran's visions werent just about past events.

Care to elaborate? Am curious.....

Tommen is safe till last season. He needs to be in power for Dany or John to oppose.

I'm thinking we'll discover Jaqen is or was the water dancer. Too much coincidence with Arya

That would be pretty cool (if they can make it visually convincing).

Tommen is safe till last season. He needs to be in power for Dany or John to oppose.

nah. jon and dany will have far more to worry about than opposing some boy king who is scared of his own shadow.

If anyone opposed Tommen he'd start polishing the crown and throne for the new guy and start working on a welcome feast.

"A-hem. I, Tommen Baratheon, First of my name, would like to grant a congratulations to our new dragon riding and undead wizard-advised overlords. I think we may finally see true change brought to King's Landing; for one thing, the ability to melt stone should be of benefit to the reform movement. We gave it a good go, didn't we? But alas, the time has come to admit defeat; clearly the will of freakishly large fire-breathing monstrosities is with Danenarys Targareyan and Jon Snow, not with our proud administration.

"As I step down, I have only a few requests to make of the incoming administration. First...pleeeeeaaaasssseeee don't kill me. I'm an only child by process of elimination; I'd invoke that I hav e a loving mother, but I suspect that would get me killed faster, somehow. Please allow me to retire to some quiet palatial estate with my wife. 'Cause she is smoking hot and I'm a teenage boy; quite frankly, most of my life goals have already been met."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"