BvS Skepticism Regarding the Film - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think MOS maybe was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Add in Superman going public in a decade and there isno incentive for WB to invest in standalone Superman films. Hulk status is possible

Deadpool opened to 135 million in February. MOS to 116 in June.

The comic book world has changed and Superman has not been able to adapt. Why is a topic for another thread.

MOS was the chance to re-popularize Superman but it did not connect the GA.

I hate to interrupt your regular programming, but you're spewing garbage again, Tobias, and I reckon that you're fully aware of it.

I won't even comment on the ridiculous notion of WB losing Superman. Let it go.

As for the rest of your posts, there are several factors into why Deadpool made that kind of money. The film has virtually zero competition, had a fantastic marketing campaign, introduced a newer type of comic-book film (kind of), and is obviously very well recieved by critics/general public, which leads to great word of mouth.

Deadpool has achieved a level of surprise results that few comic-book films have achieved, so trying to act like its success should shame Man of Steel's unquentionable success betrays your obvious agenda.

Again, this realy shouldn't bear repeating. but Man of Steel was a success. It wasn't a massive success, but it didn't have to be either. It accomplished its objective, modernizing the character to a newer audience. And while it didn't do that fantstically, it did it well enough to accomplish just that.

For goodness sake, Man of Steel performed better than all pre-Avengers Marvel films. In fact, it's only bested by The 2 Avengers films, Iron Man 3, Winter Soldier (narrowly), and Guardians of the Galaxy. That is actually very impressive considering the challenges the film had to overcome.

So I know that it doesn't fit into your narrative, but don't make things up to try to put the film down. There are some good reasons to complain about Man of Steel, this is simply not one of them.

Including Man of Steel, there's only been two Superman films in the last 30 years. And the Superman Returns, almost like Batman Forever for Batman Begins, didn't help Man of Steel's box-office performance. In fact, considering all the articles and videos still made about Man of Steel, good or bad, three years after the film's release is very telling about how popular the character still is. For goodness sake, WB made their money back even before the film was released because of merchandising and other types of revenue.

Just because Man of Steel is considered an average to above average film by the general public doesn't mean that it's a failure. It didn't have to be a brilliant film. It did it's job. So we are getting BVS, the Justice League, and the DCEU. Get over it.

Affleck doing Justice League would insure a great script and great performances. And he'll borrow his aesthetic from Snyder, I'm pretty sure.

We might get are 95 percent fresh movie with Affleck. Can't say the same for Snyder, and I'm a borderline fan of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"