Spider-Man Begins

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Tangled Web, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Tangled Web Registered

I'm not saying Spider-Man needs to be R rated, I'm sating it needs to be accurate. No watered down villians, no ****ty dialogue ect... I hope that one day someone who cares about the fans (not about the box office) will make films that are more faithful to the source material.

2. WhiteRat Registered

exactly.amen to that.:up: Good thread Tangled Web.Contrary to what Chris says,spiderman needs to be restarted the same way Batman needed to.I also hope someday we get a director who cares about the fans who makes the films faithful to the source material like Nolan was with Batman Begins and not one who just cares about box office results.btw,Tangled web,what do you mean by the unsettling news of sm3? sony has said they plan on making at least 6 of them?:confused:

3. Tangled Web Registered

I've also heard that Sony wants to milk it dry, but I don't see that happening. If it does then expect the SM 4, 5 and 6 to be worse than Batman & Robin.

4. Spider-Hiker Registered

Well your half way right. True it was necessary for Batman, but it is ALSO very much neccessary for spider-man as well, even more so. These movies are dog doo and betray his character and the comicbook to the extremes. Like the thread starter said, we need a Spider-Man Begins restart just as badly as we needed a Batman Begins restart.
    :up:

5. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

No. The comics have betrayed the character. Everything that initially drew me in to Spider-Man, & kept me interested in him all these years-is present in the movies & has been conspicuously absent since roughly around the time he joined the New Avengers.

6. griffolyon12 Registered

Why are so many people closed minded about a relaunch someday,besides you know it will happen either way you protest it.I think it could be really cool,it would be interseting to see someone elses take on him.But all of the nay sayers don't worry,although I know it will happen it probably wont happen for in the next 10-20 years.

7. DACrowe Registered

Oh well yeah in like 20 years or 30 when this movie is a classic but they'll want to recreate the character for a new audience (I would expect a more serious and grittier version at that time) they'll probably try and do it maybe sans origin but I could see t hem starting over. I think the origin will be gold in the first movie and untouchable, though I doubt we'll see a SR treatment ever to Raimi's movies.

With that said, I don't think a restart is as vital. The only real thing I think that was a huge loss has been the multiple love interests and Peter's flirtation but it is subjective if just having one girl worked or not. It certainly dilluted the GG though. However, these films are nowhere near off track like Schumaucher was.

And that is a fact too though.

8. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Says who? You have no point of reference to say it's a definite.

9. James"007"Bond Registered

Do you know why that is? Its because of the lack of accuracy in story telling and characterizastion. In the movies Parker hasn't really developed additional social skills since being bitten by the spider and this was not the case in the comics. Thus we have a character in these movies who despite gaining incredible powers still lacks the necessary confidence to openly be himself and feel somewhat relaxed, so its no wonder there's a lack of relationships he has with females.

10. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Here's the thing you guys are overlooking; in the case of Batman, it had not only gone in a bad direction. It had gone in a drastically different direction than what was initially intended. We don't lambast "Batman & Robin" for being campy, hokey or a 2-hour toy commercial. We lambast it b/c it was such a huge departure from the Dark Knight films that we'd previously seen. Now since Spider-Man is still being guided by the same people who started the franchise-and they have the Batman example to learn from-I don't see that happening. As for Superman, the relaunch there probably wasn't the best move. Say what you will about "Superman Returns". It didn't pull the numbers at the box office that WB was hoping for. Plus, you guys clamoring for a relaunch are a small minority. Not enough to convince Sony. They're in the business of making money, & the Spider-Man films have been doing that. As it stands, Spidey is THE top moneymaker of all comic book movies. It'd be foolish to tamper w/that.

11. I've been reading most everything here, and I'm not really responding to anything specific, just wanted to say that I think Raimi's films are excellent, actually had a chance to meet him and speak with him for a bit shortly after Spider-Man 2 came out, he's a really nice guy and has done a great job with the films.

The one thing I never understood is why they went the way of "Spider-Man" "Spider-Man 2" Spaider-Man 3" where there are already titles such as, The Amazing Spider-Man, the Spectacular Spider-Man, Web of Spider-Man...it would have been neat (though probably only for lovers of the comics) to have the titles of the films reflect the titles of the various comics. this is mostly off topic, sorry for that.

Though I think it is only natural to have a new take and vision of the character somewhere down the line...but as for a complete reboot, there will need to be a considerable amount of time between the last film in the franchise and attempting to restart.

12. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

I think they opted against going the alternate title route because of Batman as well.