Age of Ultron Spiderman in the Avengers "world"?

But my "plan" wouldn't involve splitting of box office receipts, handing over production control or anything like that.

Would merely call for the Spider-Man movies to exist in the MCU sandbox and vice versa. Stuff like the much discussed "Oscorp building in The Avengers", using SHIELD in some capacity in the Spider-Man films, etc. None of this would require Marvel and Sony to make a financial deal. Just acknowledge and work within the context of a shared continuity so that there's even the possibility of a deal sometime down the line.
In the film business, there always has to be some sort of financial deal. I'm sure Marvel and/or Sony would want some sort of compensation for allowing their respective characters to appear on-screen together. I just don't see it happening any time soon.

But my "plan" wouldn't involve splitting of box office receipts, handing over production control or anything like that.

Would merely call for the Spider-Man movies to exist in the MCU sandbox and vice versa. Stuff like the much discussed "Oscorp building in The Avengers", using SHIELD in some capacity in the Spider-Man films, etc. None of this would require Marvel and Sony to make a financial deal. Just acknowledge and work within the context of a shared continuity so that there's even the possibility of a deal sometime down the line.

If Spiderman is overtly referenced it sets an expectation to the GA that is not going to be met because they're used to those references/cameos becoming full-fledged involvement. It's slightly weird considering both franchises (Spidey and Avengers) originated from the Marvel brand ...... but Marvel Studios and their new partner Disney at this point in time have no legitimate reason to let Sony ride their coat tails.

I bet if you'd ask the executives over at MS, they would prefer to completely have Spidey's rights ..... could that ever happen if they're helping to prop up another studio's character?

I bet if you'd ask the executives over at MS, they would prefer to completely have Spidey's rights ..... could that ever happen if they're helping to prop up another studio's character?
That one actually makes sense. Why didn't you say things like this when you were debating with me?!

But wouldn't it defeat the purpose of uniting the Sinister Six, if they aren't fighting Spider-Man in their first appearance? Granted, that film may take place after they battle Spidey, and be more akin to The Superior Foes of Spider-Man, but even still.

That's what the Sinister Six are most famous for, but they're also trying to take over the world, and get revenge on people who have wronged them, which is a list of people that does not start or end with Peter Parker.

If the people making the Sinister Six movie know less than I do, instead of making a redundant movie where Spidey beats the Sinister Six, without getting to see Spidey's side, try reading Superior Foes, try reading Lethal Foes and Deadly Foes from the 90s, as well as the villain solo outings like Kraven's The Last Hunt and of course all Doc Ock's stuff, including Superior Spider-Man.

That one actually makes sense. Why didn't you say things like this when you were debating with me?!

He was using logic instead of the 'tell them what they want to hear' debate tactic.

He was using logic instead of the 'tell them what they want to hear' debate tactic.
Maybe, but you wouldn't know either way. You already proved that you didn't read the 1st half of the debate when you tried to get involved earlier, remember? :woot:

Maybe, but you wouldn't know either way. You already proved that you didn't read the 1st half of the debate when you tried to get involved earlier, remember? :woot:

Wow... I totally missed your reply.

I don't need to read back because I wasn't commenting on any of your discussions. You joined the Rock Ice discussion thinking I meant box office gross when I said value (nothing wrong with you thinking that). I told you different as had been covered earlier in our discussion. Done.

Except... not. My explicit point was that adding this value costs money but doesn't make money. I used box office is an example, sure, but there's a problem when you feel my point is not my explicit point, but what you think I'm thinking. So in that you are right, you weren't commenting on any of my discussions, even when you say you are, even when you are talking to me and quoting me, you're not commenting on what I'm saying. :/

Wow... I totally missed your reply.

Except... not. My explicit point was that adding this value costs money but doesn't make money. I used box office is an example, sure, but there's a problem when you feel my point is not my explicit point, but what you think I'm thinking. So in that you are right, you weren't commenting on any of my discussions, even when you say you are, even when you are talking to me and quoting me, you're not commenting on what I'm saying. :/
Next time don't miss the reply and you won't look like you made it all up after the event. :up: :cwink: Set up email notifications.

In my opinion I would love for Spider-Man to be in a Avengers movie! but I'm also glad that he is not because if he was all the focus of the movie would be put on him and we would forget about the other characters like Ant-Man, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange to name a few so I'm glad that SM is with Sony to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"