Star Trek Into Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya but they won't be doing another time-travel aspect. And they've already said the villain is from TOS. Ya you could bring the Borg, but sadly enough they have been over done.

definitely don't want borg. Was just showing Trek knowledge lol

Even though it was an enjoyable film to a point, I did not care for First Contact in terms of how it treated the Borg, and most importantly Picard and the First Contact of Earth. Which of course is what that episode in Enterprise relied on was the cannon from that film. Some of the time travel aspects in many of the series were superb, while others were terrible.

So again in this time line the Borg are still currently unaware of humans, it was not until Q sent the Enterprise to the Delta Quadrant. (which I can't wait to see on Blu-Ray come Tuesday) and they had their first run in which drew them closer to us.

I still wonder if they plan to have "alien" villains that are helping this TOS villain.

Because Kirk was never meant to face them. Keep it with the other series. Again, unless they did temporal stuff again (which I doubt) you could not have the Borg, they are still in the Delta Quadrant (deep within) with no knowledge of the Federation yet, nor do we know nothing of them. That and nothing has at all pointed to the Borg, it is pretty clear with this film there is no Borg. That is almost a guarantee.

Its a new timeline. Anything can happen now.

Let's say it is Gary Mitchell, who is to say his death in the comics wasn't a fake death?

A new time line means certain events do unfold differently, but that does not mean you ignore everything. The temporal shift would not push the Borg who are across the galaxy any closer. So I hate when people use that excuse for everything. With a lot of things in proximity to where all this happened yes, but not the Delta Quadrant. You can't just go..."Oh wait they are in the Alpha Quadrant now because time and stuff." Makes no sense.

Remember ST09 is not a reboot. That is why some things still have to be in place for the most part. It was their choice to make it "Trekish (ala Yesterday's Enterprise ect) to make it where there is the same universe with a different timeline. So with a full on reboot you could ignore bigger things like where the Borg currently were and so forth.

If you tried to do something like the Borg you would need a Q character to transport one of the two to the other point, because the distance is what we are talking about here. Time travel with Nero would not change where the Borg were located in the 23th century which was far far away, not even with the fastest warp drives could they get here in time. The time ripple effects would not extend to place no character went until Q sent them off with a snap of his finger into the heart of the Delta Quadrant in the 24th century. There is nothing Kirk did in his lifetime that had any effect on the Borg, so changing the timeline would not simply allow that. Ya you could get into "possibles" but you would stretch it. Again it's a thing of distance, the Borg are far away, yes you could find ways to get them there, but again to me it would be too much of a stretch.

Last edited:
Yeah, although the Borg being huge personal favourite ST villians (I even own the ST Borg Fan Collector's Set box :D), it would feel strange to see them in this ST universe IMO.

Ya, and they are over-used to a point. They are some of my favorite villains period as well, but even Voyager really started to stretch their "coolness" by overuse. I remember when they first appeared they were so mysterious, and scary because of the unknown factor.

Ya you could make a million ways (to me would feel forced) to bring the Borg out of the Delta Quadrant and into the Beta/Alpha Quadrant. You could do worm holes, you could have some experimental warp drive, you could go into the history of Guinan's people who are the survivors of the Borg invasion then they escaped and spread throughout the galaxy. Where as Guinan first came to Earth in the 19th century (one of my favorite two parters in TNG) Ya you could find ways to do it, but I just don't want more over use of the characters as of yet. And to me the Borg best fit the TNG era more so then Kirk's.

It would be a stretch and somewhat of a long winded subplot to bring the Borg into the Federation space in a film. You could not just go, boom they were here because time and stuff. The reason they made ST09 the way they did was not to anger the fans. To allow both universes to exist at the same time, and not alter too much, and they had to do that with great detail. So bringing the Borg around would be too much of a chore and unneeded.

Some day I want to see the Borg return but not now. Hopefully in a new TV series sometime in the future.

as much as I would love to see his version of The Borg...the current Enterprise would never stand a chance against them.

I just really want to see the JJ version of Klingons.

I wonder what they would do with Klingon's. because during the time of TOS they look like darker skinned humans, and that's about it. Then later they created the reason why they looked human during this time and Klingon like in TNG was because of some genetically created weapon that backfired on them or something. Or maybe they would just skip all that and go the real reason, SFX and makeup was not as good in the 60's as it was in the 80's lol.

I would like to see Klingons though (without the helmets) which is why JJ must of had helmets on them (deleted scene) to cover what they look like?

I say go for the ridged Klingons; that's what Klingons are "supposed" to look like. Maybe throw in some augment virus Klingons too in the background for fun; anybody in the GA who wants an explanation so badly can look it up or ask a Trekkie friend.

I'd say definitely go for the ridged Klingons. Its not like everything the movie looks like it did on the show. If the bridge can be an apple store and engineering a brewery, we can have ridged Klingons in the TOS era.

Ya I would prefer that as well, just throw in a small line about the virus or something and bam, you got "true" Klingon's with ridged heads.

So much for JJ Abrams saying that we were going to get a full blown theatrical trailer in December. Even the first film's teaser trailer was over 2 minutes.

:o

Yeah, two minutes of nothing. :o

So much for JJ Abrams saying that we were going to get a full blown theatrical trailer in December. Even the first film's teaser trailer was over 2 minutes.

:o

Most likely quick flashes of things with one line from Cumberbatch

Example

"Do you feel safe Kirk?"

SUMMER 2013

Cumberbatch has an awesome trailer narration voice, lol, so I hope they use it.

Well remember we (well not me but those that get to) get to see the first 9 minutes in IMAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"