Rebels Star Wars: Rebels - Part 1

I am loving how the youtube thumbnail is Hera and Kanan being intimate.

tumblr_oogkyxx6ah1w25q7no1_1280.png

#superhotkallus

Sad that its ending but at the same time it makes sense, by the end of this next season even if all of the characters are still alive they will be heading in different directions. Hera will be sticking with the Rebels, infact getting more deeply involved if she is to become a General. Chopper will stick with Hera, and Rex looks to be heading towards a possible ROTJ connection. Sabine will probably be sticking with helping Mandalore while with Zeb its hard to say what he would do. With the two Jedi even if they survive they can't be around for at least a few years so at minimum they would haave to be sent on a quest to the other side of the Galaxy.

So even if they are all alive the group will be broken up and doing lots of different things, it will not be the same sort of show it was when it started. That gives them the freedom to tell the different stories through different mediums (comics, novels etc) rather than trying to tell them all on the show.

The big question now is what will take over once the show ends, will it be something set during the time between the OT films with some Rebels characters maybe making an appearance (although the Marvel comics have been heavily focused on that era) or will it be something set post-ROTJ.

The end was inevitable for the show. I'd rather they end it at about season 4 than to drag it out way too long like Clone Wars. It had to be kept so it would comfortably end before the events of New Hope or Rogue One.

If Zeb survives, I imagine he stay with the Alliance or return to his people to watch over them.

It wouldn't surprise me if all the main characters except Hera and Chopper die. The Jedi connection for Ezra and Kanan sort of reinforces they have to die pre-New Hope or be completely out of the picture.

The show already had a higher standard for quality storytelling for Clone Wars. I think it's better to end it at this point.

I could see Sabine making it through alive, and heading back to Mandalore with her fam

I don't know, The Last Jedi trailer sort of hints as an out, as many were already theorizing once the Bendu showed up. Not Jedi, but the Balance.

And the Balance is in theory better than all the Grey Jedi talk.

I don't know, The Last Jedi trailer sort of hints as an out, as many were already theorizing once the Bendu showed up. Not Jedi, but the Balance.

And the Balance is in theory better than all the Grey Jedi talk.

It could be interesting if Kanan and Ezra were to leave on a search to find out more about what the Force really is, having them heading off down a path that years later Luke would follow. If The Last Jedi were to explore an alternative to Jedi and Sith then this could build on it.

Last edited:
Ezra & Kanan can always just head into uncharted space since that stuff is now canon (Aftermath Trilogy) :cwink:

Plus since no happy ending until Return Of The Jedi perhaps these Rebels take a beating & learn about uncharted space & some give up & head into the unknown / Obi-Wan can leave Ezra a message talking about A New Hope for another time etc & that ******** better than killing them all lol

Plus since no happy ending until Return Of The Jedi perhaps these Rebels take a beating & learn about uncharted space & some give up & head into the unknown / Obi-Wan can leave Ezra a message talking about A New Hope for another time etc & that ******** better than killing them all lol

That doesn't really sound like a good ending at all to me. It sounds like a really contrived way to avoid the inevitable fates of these characters.

That doesn't really sound like a good ending at all to me. It sounds like a really contrived way to avoid the inevitable fates of these characters.

Or take a cue from Aftermath #3

In Aftermath #3 it is revealed that Palpatine had plans & protocols in place that should he die if he can not rule the Empire no one should (thus no Empire in The Sequel Trilogy)

Palpatine picked a successor in the event of his death to re build the Empire in a new Galaxy in uncharted space territory

Palpatine on various planets made out posts (Jakku is one such planet) that had Sith artifacts & some ancient Sith artifacts & star maps of the uncharted space territory & various Empire thingies

Palpatine wanted his #2 to leave the Star Wars Galaxy & re build the Empire else where

So in the final season Ezra & Kanan find out about this & boom they have a reason to go uncharted space & to track & stop Palpatine's #2 person

The word going around is that it will be a 15 episode season.

I was gonna pick up Season 2 and Season 3 on blu ray, but since 4 is the last I think I'll wait for a box set of the whole series.

At the end of the panel while the trailer was being shown Filoni changed his t-shirt from one that said "Ahsoka Lives?" to one that said "Ahsoka Lives!"

And my response to that would be to point out that The Empire had a briefer reign than either the New Republic and especially the Galactic Republic, and that both Republics required other powerful nation states to oppose them, as opposed to internal dispute. And even the issues of the New Republic still weren't adequate enough for the First Order to directly challenge them, since they wound up using a superweapon to wipe out the NR fleet and are apparently *still* in for a fairly vicious Galactic War.

I mean, simple historical record would suggest that the very passage Roose just quoted is hilariously inaccurate- at least as far as *peacetime* goes. The key to Thrawn's argument is the idea of the Empire being a better war-time government, which is quite a bit more debateable, but even then, I think they've got all the same ingrained problems of real world totalitarian governments in war-time.

Thrawn may have been able to reform the Galactic Empire into a true meritocracy and utterly efficient military machine... But I feel that he possibly could have done the same thing to a war-time Republic, with far less wasted energy and lives, and with quite possibly far more internal stability. The Galactic Empire during the period of the OT seems incapable of winning either the peace before Endor or the war afterwards.

I know we're just shooting the breeze, but I'd love to see this kind of argument accurately carried out in universe.

And the Phantom Menace implied that the Republic barely worked. The genius of Sidious plan was that he didn't have to do a lot, the Confederacy of Independent Systems came about because there were thousands of worlds deeply unhappy with the political gridlock that was the Republic. The Clone Wars was always going to happen, Palpatine was just the one who lit the spark and reaped the benefits from it all.

The Empire's main flaw was that it was designed by Palpatine to exist only with him sitting at the top of the totem pole and that he encouraged the likes of Tarkin and his ilk to propogate within it. There's nothing to suggest that a reformed Empire would be any worse than the Republic in the face of extragalactic threat. With people like Thrawn, Yularen, and Rae Sloane leading things I dare say it would have been a far more effective machine.

I think that wolf in the trailer could be Ahsoka re-incarnated through the Force. I only say that because the evidence proving that started back at Celebration Europe last year when Filoni revealed Trading Cards that offered evidence regarding what happened after Ahsoka walked into the temple at the end of Season 2: https://team-ahsoka.com/2016/07/19/filoni-reveals-exclusive-artwork-for-topps-star-wars-card-trader/. Also, one last piece of evidence to back that up is that after the trailer was shown, Filoni's shirt changed from "Ahsoka Lives" with a question mark (?) to "Ahsoka Lives" with an exclamation mark (!), to which Filoni denied at the S4 press conference shortly afterwards.

Final season as we kinda expected, trailer looks great though. Very excited to see how this will all end and what the animation team will do from here on out with a new show.

The Uncle Luke Teaches Ben the Ways of the Force show sounds super fun and won't end tragically at all. :o

Ahsoka returning as a wolf Force Spirit is equal parts awesome and disappointing. I want Ahoka back in normal form. But, if she can change between spirit and wolf the way the celestials could (female humanoid/bird, man humanoid/bat-beast) that would be ****ing awesome.

I think that wolf in the trailer could be Ahsoka re-incarnated through the Force. I only say that because the evidence proving that started back at Celebration Europe last year when Filoni revealed Trading Cards that offered evidence regarding what happened after Ahsoka walked into the temple at the end of Season 2: https://team-ahsoka.com/2016/07/19/filoni-reveals-exclusive-artwork-for-topps-star-wars-card-trader/. Also, one last piece of evidence to back that up is that after the trailer was shown, Filoni's shirt changed from "Ahsoka Lives" with a question mark (?) to "Ahsoka Lives" with an exclamation mark (!), to which Filoni denied at the S4 press conference shortly afterwards.
At the season 2 finale premiere, he directly talked about a type of return or resurrection for Ahsoka. He directly compared it to Gandalf returning as Gandalf the White in Lord of the Rings.

Or take a cue from Aftermath #3

In Aftermath #3 it is revealed that Palpatine had plans & protocols in place that should he die if he can not rule the Empire no one should (thus no Empire in The Sequel Trilogy)

Palpatine picked a successor in the event of his death to re build the Empire in a new Galaxy in uncharted space territory

Palpatine on various planets made out posts (Jakku is one such planet) that had Sith artifacts & some ancient Sith artifacts & star maps of the uncharted space territory & various Empire thingies

Palpatine wanted his #2 to leave the Star Wars Galaxy & re build the Empire else where

So in the final season Ezra & Kanan find out about this & boom they have a reason to go uncharted space & to track & stop Palpatine's #2 person
Again, that just seems like a lazy ending for the characters and trying avoid an inevitable fate for them just so they can not die.

And the Phantom Menace implied that the Republic barely worked. The genius of Sidious plan was that he didn't have to do a lot, the Confederacy of Independent Systems came about because there were thousands of worlds deeply unhappy with the political gridlock that was the Republic. The Clone Wars was always going to happen, Palpatine was just the one who lit the spark and reaped the benefits from it all.

The Empire's main flaw was that it was designed by Palpatine to exist only with him sitting at the top of the totem pole and that he encouraged the likes of Tarkin and his ilk to propogate within it. There's nothing to suggest that a reformed Empire would be any worse than the Republic in the face of extragalactic threat. With people like Thrawn, Yularen, and Rae Sloane leading things I dare say it would have been a far more effective machine.
Roose, I'm loving this Conversation, so please read what I write in the most gleeful and friendly voice possible. Seriously, I'm a social studies major so randomly speculating about political ramifications and theories in fictional universe is awesome.

Yes, the Phantom Menace suggested the Republic barely worked... after 1,000 years of comparative peace and stability. And in Legends, that was only after Evil Magic Space Wizards dedicated their entire cult's existance to gradually wearing it down and corrupting. Which suggested that a) only an Evil Magic Space Wizard Conspiracy could successfully topple the Republic, and b) only after they've literally spent a Millenium doing it. The Canon Galactic Republic may not have had to quite the same tumble and conspiracy acting against it, but again, 1,000 years of stability.

And I'll agree you've got a point that a reformed GE could be the most powerful and efficient military government in Star Wars history. But, if you'll begrudge me this question, at what point would you delineate between a reformed Galactic Empire and a wartime Galactic Republic with emergency powers? Because that's arguably the issue with the Galactic Empire; it's a bloated wartime bureaucracy and war machine operating in peacetime, with inevitable abuses and political interference fueling an eventually successful resurrection. When the Star Wars Galaxy is not at war, there's no need for either the massive standing army or the 'roided up police state; both of those are perfect for *war*, for an *emergency*.

Standing wartime armies without designated opponents grow increasingly unstable the larger they get. You inisist on fielding legions across your Empire when they're not needed, and will eventually find at least some significant pockets abusing their power and feeding internal division. And while counterespionage services excell when there's a clear and present danger to the system, real life and fiction generally prove that the services work better when they're scaled to the threat they face, as the larger they get the more paranoia sets in and the more loyalty investigations start to clutter everyday life. And since a bloated wartime bureaucracy keeps intruding on everyday life, people find their discontent funneled towards authority, instead of towards their fellow citizens, again encouraging rebellion.

Thrawn's just as much of a victim of Palpatine's shuffle game regarding the necessity of the Imperial Totalitarianism if he doesn't deduce the twofaced nature of the Clone Wars, or he's exposed a character flaw in his view of the Galaxy that finally does match up with all the arrogance of the Imperial Court (making it clear that single vice is all that's necessary to be the villain).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"