Star Wars: The Old Republic - Part 1

How do I change my resolution? I mean, I started up the game, my screen went black for a second---I played the game like normal with no issues, but when I exited the game my desktop has that stretched appearance. My pc is fairly new and a windows 8 so I'm still trying to figure out some things.

Checking out the cartel market, while I'm currently on a sub, I'm tempted cancel my sub and to buy the few things I want right now. In the cartel market, do you need a certain level to equip certain clothing/robes/armor, etc.

About your screen resolution problem you should check out the customer services forum, I think I saw threads about this very issue.

"In the cartel market, do you need a certain level to equip certain clothing/robes/armor, etc"

Yes you do, the requirement is displayed on the items.

Hello all. I played this game when it first launched and played through the complete Jedi Knight (Guardian) story line. When I played Jedi knight was considered underwhelming compared to the other classes. I wasn't into PvP but I noticed Jedi never got invited to group. Additionally there was not a huge selection of armors and a graphical issue that made every Jedi in robes looked like they had a huge ass. Anyway, I'm thinking about re-loading this game and giving it another shot. I still want to play Jedi Knight. Anyone know if anything I've mentioned above has improved?

Last edited:
So wanted to like this game, but it tried to be too much like WoW and ultimately turned me off to it.

What bugs the most with TOR is that they scraped KOTOR 3 to make this instead.

So I've been playing this game for about 4 months now F2p as a Jedi sage. I'm at level 39 and finally got a new Jedi sage hat!...then i tried it on....its looks like a dick head...seriously... it looks like a dick...:o

I didn't know bioware was all into subliminal messages.. but this one takes the cake...

Anyways I've had to wear some of the DUMBEST looking hats..one looks like a Fish... another looked like something a Queen Amidala would ware.. at least the first one looked cool...kind of Magneto like...but this one is the Dumbest yet... it's like bioware WANTS me to hate this game.... :dry:

The various armors design for the most part are hideous but you can hide the head piece ( if you are a FTP user you must buy the unlock function ).

I read you need 4 players for a guild? Could I make a guild with just my characters...I have 4 Sith and 4 Republic.

Is anyone actually still playing this?

I started playing this last summer I think, but my crappy computer wouldn't let me get far. Now I finally bought a new one, cost more than a months pay, and now I can't even remember how to play the game lol. It's gonna take some time to get back into it.

SWTOR's Galactic Starfighter expansion coming in December

(10 hours ago)
Sci-Fi, Trailers, Video, Expansions, Game Mechanics, PvP, Free-to-Play, Star Wars: The Old Republic

Star Wars: The Old Republic's expanding space gameplay has been BioWare's worst-kept secret for quite a while now. Prior to today's video drop, though, we didn't know much about what it would look like. The firm has also posted a preview page with a fair amount of detail.

The digital expansion is officially called Galactic Starfighter and it will feature 12-vs.-12 "free flight combat action." There looks to be ship customization as well as different ship roles, gameplay zones, and gameplay modes. BioWare is also offering various bonuses and early access tiers depending upon your preferred payment method. All the details are located behind the links below, and you can view the trailer after the cut.

[Thanks for all the tips!] Continue Reading

MMO Week in Review: SWTOR's off-rails flight, sorta

(21 hours ago)
Massively Meta, Week in Review, Miscellaneous

At the end of every week, we round up the best and most popular news stories, exclusive features, and insightful columns published on Massively and then present them all in one convenient place. If you missed a big MMO or WoW Insider story last week, you've come to the right post.

Joke about the "Tortanic" all you want, but Star Wars: The Old Republic is not dead. In fact, it's getting an expansion in December that at first blush seems to be courting those players who once lamented the game's out-of-place-in-a-Star-Wars-game on-rails space flight. The catch? Galactic Starfighter consists primarily of PvP content in a game remarkable chiefly for its PvE story.

Read on for a look at the rest of this week's top MMO stories. Continue Reading

source:Siliconera

Star Wars: The Old Republic frees up the names on unused free-to-play characters

(5 hours ago)
Sci-Fi, Culture, News Items, Free-to-Play, Star Wars: The Old Republic

There's nothing wrong with getting a desired character name because you were the first person to create a character with that name on a given server. But it does kind of smart if you're a Star Wars: The Old Republic subscriber with a burning desire to use the name "Xylophone" but can't, especially if that name was just snapped up by a free-to-play character who hasn't even made it off of Tython. It's with that in mind that the game is instituting a series of name releases for free-to-play and preferred status players.

If you're a free-to-play or preferred status player, this does mean you're at some risk of losing your name. Characters below level 10 who haven't been played in 60 (free) or 90 (preferred) days will need to be renamed, as will characters below level 30 who haven't been played in 120 (free) or 180 (preferred) days. Characters 30 and above will be exempt across the board, as will all characters of subscribers. So you might be able to get your desired character name back! Or you'll find out that Xylophone is actually a level 31 Juggernaut, which is still kind of neat.

[Source: BioWare press release]
More coverage: Official Site

SWTOR on its second anniversary: Winning an uphill battle

(4 hours ago)
Sci-Fi, Events (Real-World), Events (In-Game), Expansions, Patches, PvP, Endgame, PvE, Opinion, Free-to-Play, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Anniversaries, MMORPG

At the beginning of the year, Star Wars: The Old Republic was struggling to find its place in the MMO world. As you are likely aware, 2012 was a rough year for SWTOR, but because of the free-to-play launch in November, the tide began to turn, at least financially. Players began flooding back to the game because BioWare tore down the paywall, but that was really the beginning of battle. If SWTOR really wanted to see success, it was going to have to keep those players around. Thus began the uphill battle of making the game successful in 2013.

The game began the year with a few flops, and although not everyone was completely satisfied with all the decisions this year, SWTOR certainly upped its game. The game we saw at the end of 2012 morphed into something different and more satisfying by the end of this year. It started with the reopening of the western shelf on Ilum, continued to the launch of the game's first expansion, and ended with a second expansion. Continue Reading

and more recently

SWTOR gives Galactic Starfighter crew member bios

(2 hours ago)
Sci-Fi, Expansions, Lore, Free-to-Play, Star Wars: The Old Republic

Whether you fight for the Republic or the Empire as a space jockey, you're going to need a good crew member at your side in Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter. BioWare's lined up two pages detailing the bios of eight crew members you can pick up for your adventures.

The Empire crew members include Aven Geth, a human shield tech; MZ-12, a proud astromech; Salana Rok, a Chiss underworld enforcer; and Writch Hurley, a talented if incomprehensible engineer. Over on the Republic side, there's Kendra Novar, a good-hearted slicer; B-3G9, a mixed-up protocol droid; Oro Wogawa, an Ithorian engineering wiz; and Ashy, a Rattataki with a hair trigger.

Check out their full bios and let us know which crew member you prefer!

source:Massively & Empire crew members, Republic crew membersStar Wars: The Old Republic

Last edited:
So, am I the only one playing? Did that hype guild ever form?

SWTOR's 2.6 patch adding new ships, boosting Operative/Scoundrel DPS

(5 hours ago)
Sci-Fi, Classes, Game Mechanics, MMO Industry, Patches, PvP, PvE, Free-to-Play, Star Wars: The Old Republic

BioWare community manager Eric Musco took to Star Wars: The Old Republic's forums earlier today to deliver a preview of the game's next major patch. The 2.6 update will unlock the Galactic Starfighter expansion for F2P players as well as introduce a new gunship variant and two new bomber variants.

The patch will also feature "a few class changes" including significant DPS boosts for Operatives/Scoundrels. You can read the full post on the SWTOR boards.

source: Dulfy.netSWTOR forumsOfficial site

So, I pretty much vowed to stay away from this game forever. Remembering again that non-subscribers get treated like 3rd class citizens, as my only option would have been to call the support hotline which costs money, because I couldn't access my account. And the only way to send a request for them to look at your problem, is in-game as a subscriber. That, together with the fact that I had to fight for 3 hours to get rid of a perma black screen, the very moment I launched the game, had that nice off putting effect on me.

Interesting and terrible to hear. Sorry to hear that happen to you. they 'll only lend you assistance if your paying them but Free to play users are screwed. well they are under EA after all. bah terrible practice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"