• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Force Awakens Star Wars VII Director? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there's always a backlash, knee-jerk hate...that will never change.it's all disposable and never objective. I enjoy the lack of self-awareness on how people fall into certain stereotypes.

Not a great choice. Not a terrible choice either.

At least we have a director now. Let's get it on with.

A Trek director at the helm of Star Wars ! But that's impossible ( Shatner voice ) !
Kidding aside, at least he is a good director.

But there's always a backlash, knee-jerk hate...that will never change.it's all disposable and never objective. I enjoy the lack of self-awareness on how people fall into certain stereotypes.

"Herp derp if Damon Lindelof is involved I'll kill myself #I'mADouchebag"

God, the ****ing twitter people.

Not a great choice. Not a terrible choice either.

At least we have a director now. Let's get it on with.

Look at it this way...in their younger years Spielberg and Lucas shared very similiar styles of film making, they even worked together on the OT. Abrams style is very similiar to Spielberg...and Abrams is making Star Wars. There's literally no better choice.

This is truly shocking. I mean did any of us expect this? He would have always been my first choice but the fact he's committed to ST took him out of the running for me.

This is the best shock one could possibly have.

I didn't think I could get this excited because I was ready For Vaughn. But goddamn, am I excited and more! Really, Avengers 2 and Justice League are at the back of my mind now, THIS is why I am excited for 2015.

Can I freak out too?

I don't think I've ever seen anything by Abrahams besides Super 8. I kinda liked it, so if he can do a similar "capture old style but with own touch" he's a good choice.

Also...Chloe Moretz? But Chloe is a guuurl! Does that mean the lead will be a girl? Because Yesh! EEYESH! WOOOOOOOOOHOOHOO!

He is far more suited for Wars than Trek anyways. It will be interesting to see what paramount does with the future of trek at this point.

Meh. I was hoping for someone more interesting, quite honesty I think JJ is a tad overrated. He's good, but not my cup of tea.

I thought ST 2009 was really great. I'm no Trekkie though, so I can't say how great it was as a ST movie. Just loved the tone of it.

EPISODE VII: THE LENS FLARE STRIKES BACK

Seriously, I'm stoked. All it needed was a competent director, and now we've got one. I'm confident now. Do I still feel it's necessary? Of course not. But it definitely has piqued my interest. I can definitely see him pulling a Bryan Singer and leaving the third Star Trek film to someone else.

tumblrinlinemg426x5lk61.gif

I'm....in shock.

While I would have preferred Vaughn, all I can say is that J.J. Abrams working from a Michael Arndt script sounds like a potentially great movie to me. I'm officially amped! :up:

If the lead character is indeed a teenage girl, then Elle Fanning now seems like the most likely candidate.

I haven't kept up with every piece of information but, wasn't it already rumored to be a girl/woman for a while now as a/the lead?

The Slashfilm editor was teasing that weeks ago and now Chloe Moretz's name is mentioned by another writer for that site.

EDIT: Elle Fanning was great in Super 8.

I'm....in shock.

While I would have preferred Vaughn, all I can say is that J.J. Abrams working from a Michael Arndt script sounds like a potentially great movie to me. I'm officially amped! :up:

If the lead character is indeed a teenage girl, then Elle Fanning now seems like the most likely candidate.

God, No! No children or younglings or any of that ****.

I'm shocked, I thought he'd never do it because Star Trek was already Star Warsy. I like Abrams but I don't know how to feel about this because it seems like he'll just be repeting himself. Well I guess they offered him a ton of cash, I'd direct Star Wars for a ton of cash.

Bad Ass digest hates Abrams so I'm sure this news crushed them, particularly Devin Faraci.

Last edited:
Really great writer and a talented director. Episode VII is off to a really promising start!

I'm quite happy with this news. Now all we need is a great script and hopefully Abrams won't shoot everything with green screen like the prequels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"